Should I keep putting branches under the scrog? I’m in flower

• Thread starter sevare
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
So I started flower like 3 weeks ago and I was wondering if I should keep trying to put there’s big branches that are growing taller under the scrog some more
I seen you commented about lolllipoping as well. At day 21 I do a leaf strip and then after that I’ll randomly pull a leaf here or there that’s blocking bud sites. From what I’ve read after 3 weeks stop tucking and let em grow. Canopy is looking great what size pot are you in? Strain?

sevare

sevare

I seen you commented about lolllipoping as well. At day 21 I do a leaf strip and then after that I’ll randomly pull a leaf here or there that’s blocking bud sites. From what I’ve read after 3 weeks stop tucking and let em grow. Canopy is looking great what size pot are you in? Strain?
They are 3 gallon pots and they are all different strains being Phantom OG, Liberty Haze, Shaman, and shiskaberry . I’m going to defoliate right now and I test did it on one branch so I could show you guys here to ask if that’s how I should aim to defoliate or just stick only to leaves? The photo shows the size of the growth I was removing since it was at the bottom. Is that correct to do?

Observationist

Observationist

They are 3 gallon pots and they are all different strains being Phantom OG, Liberty Haze, Shaman, and shiskaberry . I’m going to defoliate right now and I test did it on one branch so I could show you guys here to ask if that’s how I should aim to defoliate or just stick only to leaves? The photo shows the size of the growth I was removing since it was at the bottom. Is that correct to do?
yea id trim all of that, the stuff ur holding, id cut that off.

that picture right there, those bud sites are going to be small less dense buds.

not gonna hurt the plant either.

Observationist

Observationist

Alright time for me to get to work
imo

looks like light is barely getting down there and might want to open up that canopy (by pruning shaded leafs) some so it can breath

looks great.

Observationist

Observationist

yes, you CAN remove that much, if you wanted to lol. everything below those red lines, if anyone else wants to chime in?

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
I would’ve guessed they are all the same as the structure and leaves look alike. They are all perfectly even which is harder to do with multiple strains under one light. Did you pick strains knowing they would go together or?

For defo I take most of the leaves that grow inwards and leave few satellites at the top. I’ll also leave a few leaves that extend out and away from the plant. You will be surprised at how fast they grow back. It seems to kick my plants into overdrive to grow more foliage. Kind of like giving them controlled stress to drive growth. Merry Christmas!

Ponky

Ponky

You can strip it right down. If it's shady you don't need it. But as long as the air flow is decent and the genetics are strong you don't have to. If mold or pests are a concern then you need to.

Top Bottom