Should I keep Removing future bud sites ?

• Thread starter Foster823
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Foster823

Foster823

my Pineapple kush photo. This is my first photo plant and I’ve been ab to experiment more with training her. She’s 44 days from seed . My question is at what point should I stop training and defoliant. I’ve been trimming away lower bud sites about once a week and they keep coming. Any suggestions on when to leave her be or should I keep removing and should I be removing lower leaves as well? Thanks for any suggestions?

Should i keep removing future bud sites
Should i keep removing future bud sites 2
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Personally, I would have started with the lower leaves. Removing those first gets rid of the oldest and most likely to die first leaves. It also allows better air flow at the soil level and makes it easier to water the plant correctly. After those are gone, I would take every leaf that is growing inward towards the main stem in the lower 1/4 of the plant. In the process, I would remove all those lower bud sites too. This will allow better air flow through the plant. Also those lower bud sites rarely produce anything but larf so removing that will allow more of the plant's energy to be directed to the big hard healthy buds you'll be keeping when you harvest.

Just my two cents ...

H

hawkman

To add remove all large fan leaves starting at the bottom also remove all inside leaves for air flow - then remove all bud sites on branches that are starting to fourm - this will increase you "top" bud/s to really get large top buds of branches (for defo information check out GrowWeedEasy.com)

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I took a couple of pictures just moments ago. This plant is in day 24 of flower and probably has roughly another 32 days before harvest. Notice how much air can flow through the center of the plant. While most of the defoliation is done, it will continue up until it's harvested pretty much. I haven't removed any leaves yet today. Lights just came on a bit ago.

Defoliation day 24 of flower

Here's a top view of the same plant.

Day 24 of flower

Foster823

Foster823

Thanks for all the quick feedback. Extremely helpful and I Didn’t want to ruin her with excessive defoliation

Latest posts

Top Bottom