Should I leave alone or fim?

• Thread starter Gboi420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gboi420

Gboi420

My plant is only a foot tall and it is exploding with new colas. I am growing in a small tent and doing some lst. I have topped a few times in it's early days and It does not have a main auxiliary shoot. it shoots off with 2 out the top. Should I leave it alone or continue to top it. Just scared it's already going crazy with new colas. The 2 top branches alone have like 5 colas a piece and still only about a month old. I can't even keep track of it. I am new to growing sorry if I'm not using my terms right.

Should i leave alone or fim
Should i leave alone or fim 2
Should i leave alone or fim 3
Should i leave alone or fim 4
Should i leave alone or fim 5
Ponky

Ponky

I would let it go as is. Looks like it has some cool traits you might want to see. Looks bushy as hell.

Growinginil

Growinginil

I would let it go as is. Looks like it has some cool traits you might want to see. Looks bushy as hell.
I agree, and would let her grow. I don’t top until between the 5th and 6th node. The plant needs to recover between topping or the new shoots won’t be as thick and stellar. If you schedule a six week veg then you may be able to top 3 times. You are at 4 weeks so maybe wait a week and clip then you have a week before the flip to recover. This plant was topped 3 times and vegged till almost 7 weeks. I had to take 5 clones before flower so I extended my veg just a bit. Keep trying a few different techniques with each grow to see what works for you. You really can’t screw it up! Lol

25718ABD 01FD 421D A2CB 5046B339629B
Gboi420

Gboi420

I agree, and would let her grow. I don’t top until between the 5th and 6th node. The plant needs to recover between topping or the new shoots won’t be as thick and stellar. If you schedule a six week veg then you may be able to top 3 times. You are at 4 weeks so maybe wait a week and clip then you have a week before the flip to recover. This plant was topped 3 times and vegged till almost 7 weeks. I had to take 5 clones before flower so I extended my veg just a bit. Keep trying a few different techniques with each grow to see what works for you. You really can’t screw it up! Lol
Holy crap that's a monster

Gboi420

Gboi420

What do you mean by clip lol. Sorry. Do you mean top? Before the week to recover before flip?

Gboi420

Gboi420

Crazy how big that thing is. Was it anywhere near that size before you flipped for flower? If so I must be doing something wrong because this one is nowhere near that size! Lol. I mean I know plants double in size when they are in flower but still. Mine is way smaller then that.

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

I would appreciate it if your cat would photobomb all of your posts from here on out.

Thank you kindly.

P.S. Healthy looking plant! Great advice from @Growinginil up there.

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Looking good mate. For future reference when topping you may want to leave more stem. I leave at least an inch. It gives your main stem protection from anything that might want to make a home in the cut, and gives the nodes something to expand around and create a big junction there.

Also are you using cable ties to train?? Your call I guess but I wouldn't. Sharp edges, it's an invitation for nicks and cuts to the plant's skin, and from there parasites. Rubber coated training wire is preferable. Keep up the good work!

299CBCD5 72A4 4A20 8DE5 A00FBAFF78C9
Gboi420

Gboi420

Looking good mate. For future reference when topping you may want to leave more stem. I leave at least an inch. It gives your main stem protection from anything that might want to make a home in the cut, and gives the nodes something to expand around and create a big junction there.

Also are you using cable ties to train?? Your call I guess but I wouldn't. Sharp edges, it's an invitation for nicks and cuts to the plant's skin, and from there parasites. Rubber coated training wire is preferable. Keep up the good work!
Yeah I am using cable ties. I really need to invest in the rubber wire. And do you mean when I top to leave more stem? Like where my 2 top branches spread apart on top. Should there be a little 1 inch bit of stem left between them?

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Yeah I am using cable ties. I really need to invest in the rubber wire. And do you mean when I top to leave more stem? Like where my 2 top branches spread apart on top. Should there be a little 1 inch bit of stem left between them?
Yeah not sure it needs to be that long. But having a little bit there allows the expanding nodes to wrap around it and have some support. I also think it's good to have that insurance so if something does set up camp you can cut the affected area off. I'm sure there's plenty of people who see it otherwise so not sure it's a hard and fast rule but it works for me ☺️ Can see in the photo how it's allowed the nodes to build around that little spine.

EDC660EB C626 42C4 9205 0147115B3A44
Narsbars

Narsbars

Old thread but I use grafting tape. If it starts to look tight due to stem growth you can easily cut it and put on new tape to prevent or fix stem splitting.

Mcsketcher

Mcsketcher

This is a LA Confidential. I attempted to fim her on her 3rd node. It didn't work. The plant just stretched. Then I topped it back to the 1st node and I supercropped multiple times with her bound so she would stiffen to retain that y shape. Then I proceeded to top 4 more times. I topped as soon as the growth appeared so the plant didn't waste any time on something I was going to lop off. End result is she's short and stocky with an even canopy. This is my first time doing it this way... 4th grow(6 plants total). The blooms are 7 days old.

IMG 20220310 121518854 HDR
IMG 20220310 121422564 HDR
IMG 20220310 121428742 HDR
IMG 20220310 121508071 HDR
IMG 20220309 225442948 HDR
Mcsketcher

Mcsketcher

This is a LA Confidential. I attempted to fim her on her 3rd node. It didn't work. The plant just stretched. Then I topped it back to the 1st node and I supercropped multiple times with her bound so she would stiffen to retain that y shape. Then I proceeded to top 4 more times. I topped as soon as the growth appeared so the plant didn't waste any time on something I was going to lop off. End result is she's short and stocky with an even canopy. This is my first time doing it this way... 4th grow(6 plants total). The blooms are 7 days old.
Really old thread... Sorry all

Latest posts

Top Bottom