Should I move her outside to flower?

• Thread starter FriutyPebblesOG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FriutyPebblesOG

FriutyPebblesOG

This is my Gelato clone. I don't have enough room in my tent for her with what I got in there thus far. Summer is over and the temperature and light is almost perfect sunrise is 6:35am sunset is 7:05pm and the days are just going to get shorter. My question should/could I move her outside to flower? She already has preflowers? If I do so should I just go for 8 weeks that would put harvest around mid November? Or should I give her 10 weeks? Any and all help/advice is welcome thank you in advance.

freezeland2

freezeland2

This is my Gelato clone. I don't have enough room in my tent for her with what I got in there thus far. Summer is over and the temperature and light is almost perfect sunrise is 6:35am sunset is 7:05pm and the days are just going to get shorter. My question should/could I move her outside to flower? She already has preflowers? If I do so should I just go for 8 weeks that would put harvest around mid November? Or should I give her 10 weeks? Any and all help/advice is welcome thank you in advance.
Expecting any freezes between now and mid November? If you put it outside leave it outside.

FriutyPebblesOG

FriutyPebblesOG

No Freezland I don't believe so it starts freezing and snowing around mid December around here. I read that in Canada they leave outside plants in light frost usually on an hour or so is the average and it brings out all the pretty purples and deep reds like you see on vegetation in mid to late autumn I'm curious about it but my main concern is will my plant suffer terribly if moved outside its been in doors vegging for a couple of months now She looks and smells pretty and I don't want to ruin that? Thank you for your insight I will post pictures again in a couple of weeks.

freezeland2

freezeland2

No Freezland I don't believe so it starts freezing and snowing around mid December around here. I read that in Canada they leave outside plants in light frost usually on an hour or so is the average and it brings out all the pretty purples and deep reds like you see on vegetation in mid to late autumn I'm curious about it but my main concern is will my plant suffer terribly if moved outside its been in doors vegging for a couple of months now She looks and smells pretty and I don't want to ruin that? Thank you for your insight I will post pictures again in a couple of weeks.
If you have anyway to keep inside that would be my recommendation. But like I said if it goes out it should stay out. You don’t want to risk bringing pests inside with that plant. Especially with an active indoor Grow going.

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

If it’s too big for indoors, put it outside if you have a place that gets 6-8 hrs of direct light. It’ll go crazy blooming and will get a great aroma going. Be sure to stake it to prevent wind and rain damage. If you can cover it or bring it inside during rain all the better.

freezeland2

freezeland2

If it’s too big for indoors, put it outside if you have a place that gets 6-8 hrs of direct light. It’ll go crazy blooming and will get a great aroma going. Be sure to stake it to prevent wind and rain damage. If you can cover it or bring it inside during rain all the better.
Maybe cover but not inside unless garage or shed until inclement weather stops. Bringing it in near his indoor grow could be detrimental.

FriutyPebblesOG

FriutyPebblesOG

Thanks for all the advice folks I've said it before and I'll say it again this is a wonderful network decade's of experience from hundreds of fine growers makes this undertaking so much less intimidating I'm more Novice then beginner but I still have lots of questions and I hate second guessing myself and with a little insight from others experiences I find I'm not second guessing myself and I find myself learning new techniques almost every time I get on here to ask a question so thank you all again for your insight and help happy growing will post pics in a couple of weeks.
Happy Growing!

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

You would need to minimize the stress.
Going from indoor to outdoor is a big change for a plant; especially in flower mode.

PauliBhoy

PauliBhoy

Put it in some partial shade or under a shade cloth for the first 4-5 days outside or you can shock the hell out of it/them. Assuming you're in a fairly southern location you're getting a lot more light from the sun than you get from lights. Also be prepared for losses to pests and/or diseases you don't see in your tent!

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

You could do this, but may cause trouble if strain is not hardy rain and dew may cause mold or bud rot.

JohnAnon

JohnAnon

How do it go? Curious as I had this same issue - I had two girls though, and I moved them outside this very week you posted this - Sept. 10th. Had some wind issues, some rain issues, some bird issues, but no bug issues, and the cold in the last two or so weeks (into the 50s at night) started really turning them purple. Just harvested them on Saturday the 20th. Not great yields, since they were stunted by my tortures in the tent and attempts at keeping them short (and the other challanges of a first grow) but we shall see how they smoke! Hope yours ended up successful!

Top Bottom