Should I prune these fan leaves now

• Thread starter Izzy1980
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Izzy1980

Izzy1980

Just.wondering if I.can prune these fan leaves now, shes 18/19 days oldand they dont really cover a great deal? As she is tall theres a lot between each node

Should i prune these fan leaves now
Should i prune these fan leaves now 2
Should i prune these fan leaves now 3
Should i prune these fan leaves now 4
Terpz719

Terpz719

In general, 'd say no. Removing them may slow growth. They don't look as though they would ever be much of an issue. They certainly won't cause an airflow problem from the looks of it. Left side in bottom pic, that one fan leaf looks to be completely shading the bud site, which isn't great. Removing that one is an option, but you could possibly train that lower branch out from under the fan leaf.

What strain is that? It looks very stretchy, which could be genetics, but also could be related to lighting and/or nutes. Hope others more experienced chime in.

NairnM16

NairnM16

In general, 'd say no. Removing them may slow growth. They don't look as though they would ever be much of an issue. They certainly won't cause an airflow problem from the looks of it. Left side in bottom pic, that one fan leaf looks to be completely shading the bud site, which isn't great. Removing that one is an option, but you could possibly train that lower branch out from under the fan leaf.

What strain is that? It looks very stretchy, which could be genetics, but also could be related to lighting and/or nutes. Hope others more experienced chime in.
How far is your light? Look up manufacturers recommended hanging hight defo get some lst in before flower to maximise results u wanna try space your nodes together to get the big colas

4plant

4plant

I’d say no, you’ve got allot of stretching going on there as well. Good idea to check your light distance. Maybe a topping is in order to bush up a little.

Dan789

Dan789

You’ve got to be kidding...get that plant under control, LST, Topping, field of green, or a combination. Never trim fan leaves, as thats where the plant draws the energy for producing your eventual buds. But that’s just me, I’d also let the plant grow a bit before worrying about placing it into bloom, if you want anything to harvest that you can’t smoke up in a few days.

Just looked at your other pics, you didn’t seem to have any problems with those plants prior plants...

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

Its "LSD 25" Auto, I always use the same ranging height with my seeds and never had an issue, I use Dutch Pro Auto A+B and im using half the recommended dose (just increased from 1/4 dose,

I'm thinking it must be the strain, I posted the other day if anyone else thought it was stretching, I had a "Yes" and "No", she's growing amazingly quickly?

I'm not sure what she's doing, I.cant find any comparative grow pictures to.see how she is at nearly 3 weeks
You’ve got to be kidding...get that plant under control, LST, Topping, field of green, or a combination. Never trim fan leaves, as thats where the plant draws the energy for producing your eventual buds. But that’s just me, I’d also let the plant grow a bit before worrying about placing it into bloom, if you want anything to harvest that you can’t smoke up in a few days.

Just looked at your other pics, you didn’t seem to have any problems with those plants prior plants...
Im starting to LST her, would you top her as well?

600w LED light is about 15" from the top

Dan789

Dan789

LST, should work fine, as you draw it down, and twist and turn, just do it gradually, taping up anything that breaks or cracks along the way. Good luck. I'd bring that light down a few inches, at least, assuming it's a bluple...

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

Well ive started LST and I'm pretty impressed so thank you, does it look like im on the right tracks,

Im also probably stupid but is she now in full flower mode?

20200221 185223
20200221 185233
20200221 185242
20200221 185258
20200221 185244
20200221 185300

Latest posts

Top Bottom