Should I repot my plants or should I wait a week longer?

• Thread starter Rikkertvld
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rikkertvld

Rikkertvld

Hello members,

I had a question regarding the repot of my plants (autoflower amnesia). I want to keep them outdoors, but the weather in the Netherlands is really bad (14 degrees and rain and lot of wind). Therefore, the first 3,5 weeks I kept them inside, however I think I should repot them, but do not have the space to keep them inside or the right equipment. Moreover, should I repot them right now and place them outside or should I wait one week (better weather 18 degrees and sun) and repot them in about a week?

See picture below!

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Rik
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Ghosttrainx

Ghosttrainx

If your putting outdoor make a grow house for them to keep warm and not get damaged by the rain and wait till they are bigger and roots out the bottom lots of them before u do šŸ‘»šŸš‚šŸŽ±šŸ¤œšŸ¤›

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hello members,

I had a question regarding the repot of my plants (autoflower amnesia). I want to keep them outdoors, but the weather in the Netherlands is really bad (14 degrees and rain and lot of wind). Therefore, the first 3,5 weeks I kept them inside, however I think I should repot them, but do not have the space to keep them inside or the right equipment. Moreover, should I repot them right now and place them outside or should I wait one week (better weather 18 degrees and sun) and repot them in about a week?

See picture below!

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

RikView attachment 1127123View attachment 1127124View attachment 1127125View attachment 1127126
Hey R , not sure what your plants are potted in but I would consider going some " perlite" and mixing 10 or 20% into the soil , it's looking a little dense and wet , maybe it's the purple light that's making it seem that way , but I think you would benefit by improving the mix with perlite for better drainage

Reklax

Reklax

I would wait another week but you need a more powerful light they look a bit leggy. If getting a light is an issue just leave it on for longer you will be fine

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
most say do not transplant autos, and not 2 times for sure. most start them in the final pot.

they flower at about 4 to 5 weeks. so not a lot of time for any recovery if needed.
Ya, its the recovery part I don't get either. I only get shock to the plants if I'm rough in transplanting them. If they're root bound and I have to man handle the roots to loosen them up. Otherwise I don't see them miss a beat, they seem to grow overnight after I transplant. It could be an optical illusion of course bigger pot makes everything look bigger but I don't see stress, no drooping or hanging leaves. The trick is to transplant a bit before they need it so not to bother the root system. I've recently been adding Mycro's to the soil & roots during a transplant. I'm not sure yet how the roots will react to it but after my next harvest I'm hoping to see double the root system compared to previous grows with out it.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Ya, its the recovery part I don't get either. I only get shock to the plants if I'm rough in transplanting them. If they're root bound and I have to man handle the roots to loosen them up. Otherwise I don't see them miss a beat, they seem to grow overnight after I transplant. It could be an optical illusion of course bigger pot makes everything look bigger but I don't see stress, no drooping or hanging leaves. The trick is to transplant a bit before they need it so not to bother the root system. I've recently been adding Mycro's to the soil & roots during a transplant. I'm not sure yet how the roots will react to it but after my next harvest I'm hoping to see double the root system compared to previous grows with out it.
edit I read something here the other days that said auto's start to flip when the roots hit the sides & bottom of the pots. If that's the case then I understand why the need for large pots to start. I'll just transplant early before they grow too much. I've no room to veg seedlings in large pots, my little 18"x18"x24" light box can't handle them.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
they are time based. 18/6 (or any other) light all through. they flower between 3 and 5 weeks
Yes so I've heard / read but my one and only experience with auto's last year I had transplanted all into larger pots and ran out of soil and pots. I left this one in this 3/4 gallon pot and at 25 days he was in full male mode balls all out. I thought it odd but not knowing anything I shrugged it off.
Some one here posted that they will turn when they reach the sides and bottoms made me think that may have had something to do with why this one auto in the only small pot turned first. The rest were in larger pots and turned around 5 - 6 weeks

Last edited:
lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
your autos were not feminized? if all turned out to be male, i would question the breeder. maybe that is a seed mix up and not autos, or very bad genetics if 5 of 5 hermied.

never heard about roots touching the sides, but i know mine were touching the sides when harvested, didnt hurt them. one was in a 3 gallon pot its whole life. i have one in a 1 gallon now at 8 weeks and it is fine.

the auto is about the same as the photo except it is time based. only 3 to 5 weeks of veg. with a photo, you can veg for how long you want. mostly it is up to genetics when an auto flowers. i had one flower at 3 weeks, two at 4.5 weeks. the rest of the grow is the same and acts the same as any other.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
your autos were not feminized? if all turned out to be male, i would question the breeder. maybe that is a seed mix up and not autos, or very bad genetics if 5 of 5 hermied.

never heard about roots touching the sides, but i know mine were touching the sides when harvested, didnt hurt them. one was in a 3 gallon pot its whole life. i have one in a 1 gallon now at 8 weeks and it is fine.

the auto is about the same as the photo except it is time based. only 3 to 5 weeks of veg. with a photo, you can veg for how long you want. mostly it is up to genetics when an auto flowers. i had one flower at 3 weeks, two at 4.5 weeks. the rest of the grow is the same and acts the same as any other.
lol....you know not about those seeds, little about auto's and you missed the point of my post. I know your trying but please don't assume you know what you don't. Not all auto's are fems and not all fems are auto's..šŸ˜šŸ˜

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
erm... and that is why i asked the question "your autos were not feminized?" (even regs should be 50/50 or so, 100% one way is something of an oddity) the very first thing! (and you still didnt answer) not sure your attitude is necessary, but i have been warned off, i wont darken your door again. good luck. have fun.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
erm... and that is why i asked the question "your autos were not feminized?" (even regs should be 50/50 or so, 100% one way is something of an oddity) the very first thing! (and you still didnt answer) not sure your attitude is necessary, but i have been warned off, i wont darken your door again. good luck. have fun.
I've read your questions and statements and they don't make sense to me. ? my breeder? 5 out of 5 hermies? " 100% one way is something of an oddity " ?..." never heard about roots touching the sides " ? did you read my post? After I read nonsense I get a bit snippy, don't take offense. I gave you a fking smiley face? lol....Warned off hey.....? Good to know. just click my profile and click ignore....it works for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom