Should I start over completely?

• Thread starter 420ReBeLGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420ReBeLGrower

420ReBeLGrower

She's keeps on pushing on.

I think my problem is that she grew so much after the cutting week and I really REALLY should have cleared off more , that now she's just trying to support the 20+ flower sites.

I know from now on how to handle the trimming, and TBH, will never use autos again.

But, this plant looks like it's going to get through it.

I will say, I'm seeing some discoloration on the top most leaves....

420ReBeLGrower

420ReBeLGrower

IMG 20201224 075201696 HDR

420ReBeLGrower

420ReBeLGrower

She's drinking almost 2 gallons a day. I have a humidifier that I keep her at 50% RH right now.

I really think this plant just stalled drastically after I cut Soo much over those few days. Now its just catching up but I'll never truly get those dense bud sites.

Fingers are crossed but don't know

I will say this.. . The buds I grew previously have surpassed my flavor profile expectations by far. We actually use our last grow to 'top' the buds we get from others.

Win and lose I guess haha

420ReBeLGrower

420ReBeLGrower

Anyone know why I'm seeing this discoloration on the topmost leaves??
IMG 20201224 075201696 HDR

420ReBeLGrower

420ReBeLGrower

Figured out the strain has a purple hue to it if tempos are right. Not worried anymore.

420ReBeLGrower

420ReBeLGrower

So found out something today. Talked to the guy who I got the seeds from and found that this is a Semi-Auto and that I was supposed to switch them to 12/12 at day 60...

So, now I'm wondering if I should switch to 12/12? Will it make any difference? The buds are already starting to grow so just wondering what people's thoughts are.

He stated I should drop them to 12/12 cycle now and leave it there until harvest.

Thoughts?

Badchoice

Badchoice

So found out something today. Talked to the guy who I got the seeds from and found that this is a Semi-Auto and that I was supposed to switch them to 12/12 at day 60...

So, now I'm wondering if I should switch to 12/12? Will it make any difference? The buds are already starting to grow so just wondering what people's thoughts are.

He stated I should drop them to 12/12 cycle now and leave it there until harvest.

Thoughts?
I’m curious, what’s a semi auto genetic from? Last I knew their was auto flower or photo period... you don’t actually mean fast flower do ya?

Last edited:
ArrEll

ArrEll

Anyone know why I'm seeing this discoloration on the topmost leaves??
View attachment 1072087
If the Yellow discoloration is only on Top, it's probably light burn. I had some Yellowing on the BOTTOM leaves of my plants, which may have been a Magnesium/Sulfur deficiency....something I didn't expect, as I used good soil (Fox Farm Happy Frog). I treated them (as advised) with 2 teaspoons of pure Epsom salts in 1 gal of water. They bounced right back. Back on Track now. Also check the PH of your soil. It may have changed, over time.

ArrEll

ArrEll

Thoughts?
Never

Thoughts?
How many days/weeks are you at now? No matter....if it's been longer than 60 days, that should be plenty for Vegging. Yes, you should switch to 12/12 now. If it turns out they really ARE Autos, it may reduce your yield. Oops. But that's hard to avoid, if there's some question over whether the seeds are Photos or Autos.

I really don't know if there are true "Semi-Autos". But if he has bred those seeds and has been growing them, he's got more knowledge about what to expect from them. Follow what he's now telling you....12/12. And Good Luck!

420ReBeLGrower

420ReBeLGrower

I’m curious, what’s a semi auto genetic from? Last I knew their was auto flower or photo period... you don’t actually mean fast flower do ya?
From what this breeder said it's a Semi-Auto super strain. Devil's headband mixed in with another strain. I don't know what I should do at this point.

It's already 26 days past the '60' day flip time period, and the buds are forming at 18/16 albeit at a slower pace.

What if I do a 12/12 switch to see if they grow any faster? Can I switch back to 18/6? I feel like I couldn't cause it might go back into veg?

I don't know what to do now 😂😂😂

TBH, I'll probably just follow his guidance and switch to 12/12. Hopefully they react positively. If not, it will just be lower yeilds :-(

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
She's drinking almost 2 gallons a day. I have a humidifier that I keep her at 50% RH right now.

I really think this plant just stalled drastically after I cut Soo much over those few days. Now its just catching up but I'll never truly get those dense bud sites.

Fingers are crossed but don't know

I will say this.. . The buds I grew previously have surpassed my flavor profile expectations by far. We actually use our last grow to 'top' the buds we get from others.

Win and lose I guess haha
well one way to get dense buds is the last 2-3 weeks keep humidity around 40-45..
should help a bit..

PK_Blunt420

PK_Blunt420

Yes switch to 12/12 and maybe move your light away and if you can turn it down to 75% for a few days and what kinnda water are you using looks like it might have a boron deficiency. another thing you could try is foliar feed micro grow bloom at low rates like .2 per L and a light mist do that twice give one to 2 days apart from spray or you could try using a booster like rocket fuel at super low rates to what is recommended to the product but id only spray that once. and could try finding a zero burn nitrogen like fish agra or sea monster in the soil or find a nitrogen that doesnt raise your ppm none or alot i like to use N-27

OIP 1
PK_Blunt420

PK_Blunt420

Yes switch to 12/12 and maybe move your light away and if you can turn it down to 75% for a few days and what kinnda water are you using looks like it might have a boron deficiency. another thing you could try is foliar feed micro grow bloom at low rates like .2 per L and a light mist do that twice give one to 2 days apart from spray or you could try using a booster like rocket fuel at super low rates to what is recommended to the product but id only spray that once. and could try finding a zero burn nitrogen like fish agra or sea monster in the soil or find a nitrogen that doesnt raise your ppm none or alot i like to use N-27
Those are to far along to foliar feed

420ReBeLGrower

420ReBeLGrower

also the stronger the light, like 1000 watt hps will do it too..

I have 2 x 2000W Valspar LED lights (actual draw is 200W per light) i am going to slowly lower my humidity as well to around 45 in the coming days and keep it there or lower.

I figure from here I have about another 3/4 weeks before flushing nutes.
Those are to far along to foliar feed
Yeah, never done that either so would be too scared to do it at this point in time haha.(I will be looking into it for future grows tho!) I'll be moving my lights back a little (I tested them with a Lux reader and it was at about 65K LUX, so still under 70K)

ArrEll

ArrEll

From what this breeder said it's a Semi-Auto super strain. Devil's headband mixed in with another strain. I don't know what I should do at this point.

It's already 26 days past the '60' day flip time period, and the buds are forming at 18/16 albeit at a slower pace.

What if I do a 12/12 switch to see if they grow any faster? Can I switch back to 18/6? I feel like I couldn't cause it might go back into veg?

I don't know what to do now 😂😂😂

TBH, I'll probably just follow his guidance and switch to 12/12. Hopefully they react positively. If not, it will just be lower yeilds :-(
On my first Grow, I believe I faced the same situation. I became convinced that I had received Photo seeds, though they were supposed to be Autos. I switched to 12/12, but it was late in the game (about 10 weeks). They began to Herm around week 12 so I pulled them down. That move proved to be premature. I have the buds from it but they're not very strong nor mature. I won't make that mistake again. I never did find out exactly what kind of seeds they were lol. But now I buy from a reliable source.

If I were you, I would hold it at 12/12, for the Duration - and see what you get. Your choice; Your Grow, after all.

420ReBeLGrower

420ReBeLGrower

I'm switching to 12/12 and holding it for the duration. It might give lower yeilds but I think it is the safest choice at this point.

The breeder didn't seem to worried so I'm gonna guess that I'll be ok. We will see in another few weeks I guess haha.

420ReBeLGrower

420ReBeLGrower

Know this is an old thread but had to update it with final outcome.

Total grow time was 130 days (from germ).

Took me about 9 to 10 hours to harvest her. I have some nugs that are just insane and a TON of under developed nugs that will be dried and put into edibles.

Just wanted to thank everyone for their help and can't wait for the next grow. Def going feminized so I can control the switch. But, TBH... This thing was HUGE..

IMG 20210105 213734020 HDR

And some of the bigger nugs from her...
IMG 20210126 231237328
IMG 20210127 033907927

Top Bottom