Should I Switch To Flower?

• Thread starter FelixTheCat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FelixTheCat

FelixTheCat

hey, so these girls are 65 days old from popping out today. I had 10 of them in that 4x4 up until yesterday, moved them outdoors and kept 5 in the tent. Also transfered there to 5 galon pots and added the net (not sure if I did it right). Any tips on when should I put them to bloom? If they will double the size I'm thinking I should probably do it soon.. Any other tips also welcomed. Thanks!

pics:

Screen Shot 2018 05 03 at 105255 AM
Screen Shot 2018 05 03 at 105303 AM
Screen Shot 2018 05 03 at 105330 AM
scubascrog

scubascrog

let them veg for another week and you will be fine, the more side branches it has the less it stretches

Monster762

Monster762

they aren't as bushy because i trimmed them, but I'm concerned with the height
height means nothing. Well almost nothing. It’s about filling the canopy as even as possible so you get the most of your lighting and wall to wall colas.

FelixTheCat

FelixTheCat

height means nothing. Well almost nothing. It’s about filling the canopy as even as possible so you get the most of your lighting and wall to wall colas.
or you can gently tuck those tops and actually go for a scrog! veg another month
Im worried about getting to high for the tent (4x4x8) and burning with the lamp. I did trimmed them a lot but I was keeping 10 plants in there so they were getting too bushy. Not theses guys have a lot of smaller tops, but the leafs arent getting very big as they were before, and they are also subtly curling. I was also trying to "lollipop", thats why I trimmed the bottom so much

FelixTheCat

FelixTheCat

If that's 65 days you got some issues to figure out before flipping. Those things look like 3-4 week old plants..
well I just trimmed them a lot....
any idea on whats wrong?

FelixTheCat

FelixTheCat

If that's 65 days you got some issues to figure out before flipping. Those things look like 3-4 week old plants..
they were way bushier before the trim and also look shorter because i tied them down to the net... here's a better pic

Screen Shot 2018 05 04 at 103014 AM
Screen Shot 2018 05 04 at 103022 AM
FelixTheCat

FelixTheCat

also their roots were already over growing their 2 galloon pots, and I just transfered them to bigger ones.. so maybe that'll help?

MW7945

MW7945

well I just trimmed them a lot....
any idea on whats wrong?

Couldn't tell you without knowing anything about your setup. But my plants are that size @ about 3 weeks tbh. I get you trimmed them but idk.

What you got for lighting?

Monster762

Monster762

Me personally I would take the taller dominant branches n tie em over little lower than other branches if possible. Give it 2 weeks like that you should be full enough for the flip to blow it up from there. If you lean em over carefully and move the light closer on em all those little side branches will jump straight up and try to match the big branches. You’ll have a canopy. Try to keep it close to even. And don’t pluck leaves unless you really need to.
they were way bushier before the trim and also look shorter because i tied them down to the net... here's a better pic
if you got an 8 ft ceiling you ain’t got no worries yet.

scubascrog

scubascrog

basically, everything that shoots up, pull over and down under your net, it will make a lot of colas

FelixTheCat

FelixTheCat

Couldn't tell you without knowing anything about your setup. But my plants are that size @ about 3 weeks tbh. I get you trimmed them but idk.

What you got for lighting?
I have a 600w HPS.. Ive been thinking that could be the issue but I've read here that 600w should be fine for my size tent.. I just added a 400w LED that I had here and see if that helps

FelixTheCat

FelixTheCat

Me personally I would take the taller dominant branches n tie em over little lower than other branches if possible. Give it 2 weeks like that you should be full enough for the flip to blow it up from there. If you lean em over carefully and move the light closer on em all those little side branches will jump straight up and try to match the big branches. You’ll have a canopy. Try to keep it close to even. And don’t pluck leaves unless you really need to.

if you got an 8 ft ceiling you ain’t got no worries yet.

I exposed all the smaller branches and all their heads are getting direct light now.. hopefully they'll recover

MW7945

MW7945

I have a 600w HPS.. Ive been thinking that could be the issue but I've read here that 600w should be fine for my size tent.. I just added a 400w LED that I had here and see if that helps

You'd be better to veg under the LED light, and use the HPS for flower. That being said, my 150 true watt light can get 12 plants that sized in 3-4 weeks. So something is still off. I'm not a soil grower, maybe that slow of growth is normal.

FelixTheCat

FelixTheCat

my LED is weak for this size tent, its 600w but only draw 180W.. but I feel like they are already responding to the extra light I added even tho its only been an hour. pics:

Screen Shot 2018 05 04 at 114959 AM
Screen Shot 2018 05 04 at 115007 AM
Screen Shot 2018 05 04 at 114953 AM
Screen Shot 2018 05 04 at 115047 AM

Latest posts

Top Bottom