Should I throw this out

• Thread starter Clyde4210
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Clyde4210

Clyde4210

I would still add the trio at a reduced strength. Wouldn't go to zero.
Ok, so I just did a quarter gallon of my Nute mix from yesterday added to a clean bucket. I think that's an 1/8th of recommended dose. I used a 1/4 strength yesterday before they went real bad today. That I think should feed it if it needs it but not hurt if it doesn't. The roots look great.

I appreciate the help.

IMG 20211116 144647606
flowerdave

flowerdave

Wish you could have seen my month old plant that had potassium deff. it was so ugly but in the end it was 9ft tall 10 ft across and a six inch trunk. I almost gave up on it but with the help here it turned around.

Clyde4210

Clyde4210

Might be growing roots.

Yesterday before feeding it the one leaf had finally straightened out and today it's twisted again. The second one remained micro and twisted and folded for several days. It looked black, still does. So I went with a clean bucket with an 1/8th dose of Nutes. All I can do is see I guess. It's acting stunted and if that's the case, this being hydro and auto. It may be better starting over. I appreciate the help.

Clyde4210

Clyde4210

Wish you could have seen my month old plant that had potassium deff. it was so ugly but in the end it was 9ft tall 10 ft across and a six inch trunk. I almost gave up on it but with the help here it turned around.
It's funny you say that. This was a micro seed I bought off of guaranteed to germ people. I didn't have high hopes for it. It's fighting though that's for sure. And when I started this seed I said to myself this is probably the best seed in the pack.

Look at you and yours got a monster.

Clyde4210

Clyde4210

Well don't toss it. When you refresh your nutrients it should indicate better as to its health. Give it some time.
I think the fresh water and lower Nute dose worked. That micro leaf is no longer touching itself. I wasn't sure it being auto and hydro If it was worth keeping. Considering it's showing signs of bad genes with those curved leaf tips.

I appreciate the help, thank you.

In case you're wondering I was thinking nitrogen toxicity for those leaves acting funny.

Thanks again and we'll see.

iffey

iffey

Move the light further away.. I keep a 500w led 24".. I'd start at 32" see what happens.. cant hurt

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Is this in a Dwc bucket or something? What is this net pot sitting on/in? First thing I'd say is you aren't top watering frequently enough to get it started. Hydroton dries out really fast, I'd be top feeding it like half a dozen times a day until plenty of roots grow down Into the water in a DWC, if that's what you are using.

Clyde4210

Clyde4210

Move the light further away.. I keep a 500w led 24".. I'd start at 32" see what happens.. cant hurt
It was the Nutes. Not sure what happened because a 1/4 dose isn't much. I cut it down to an 1/8 and that leaf is moving.

Clyde4210

Clyde4210

Is this in a Dwc bucket or something? What is this net pot sitting on/in? First thing I'd say is you aren't top watering frequently enough to get it started. Hydroton dries out really fast, I'd be top feeding it like half a dozen times a day until plenty of roots grow down Into the water in a DWC, if that's what you are using.
I'm doing DWC bucket and I did pour ro water on it. Clean bucket and went with an 1/8th Nute dose. That leaf is on the move now. I'm thinking it was nitrogen toxicity but I know it wouldn't show recovery that quick. Thirsty is what you're saying. Can't hurt but do you suggest Nute mix or plain RO water?

Thanks.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I'm doing DWC bucket and I did pour ro water on it. Clean bucket and went with an 1/8th Nute dose. That leaf is on the move now. I'm thinking it was nitrogen toxicity but I know it wouldn't show recovery that quick. Thirsty is what you're saying. Can't hurt but do you suggest Nute mix or plain RO water?

Thanks.
Never ever, ever give a plant plain RO. Ever. Especially in Hydroponics, it'll create a reverse osmotic pressure on the roots and draw nutrients OUT of the plant. Always use a light nutrient.
I'd recommend about 250-300ppm for a plant that size, top fed seriously like 6 times a day until you have more roots.
If you don't have a ppm meter, you should get one. Same with ph meter if you don't have one.

Clyde4210

Clyde4210

Never ever, ever give a plant plain RO. Ever. Especially in Hydroponics, it'll create a reverse osmotic pressure on the roots and draw nutrients OUT of the plant. Always use a light nutrient.
I'd recommend about 250-300ppm for a plant that size, top fed seriously like 6 times a day until you have more roots.
If you don't have a ppm meter, you should get one. Same with ph meter if you don't have one.
Couple weeks I'll have them. I have the liquid pH test kit that came with up & down. I have well water spring fed which is soft. I decided to use RO, Hydrogaurd & Calmag. I can get distilled water if that's better. I don't have city water.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

No it's just stripped before it gets to me. Goes through rock, clay and sand. It's not super soft but it's not in between either. I can get some plain spring water from Walmart, it's supposed to be filtered tap water I think the small print read.
Can you get a water quality report? You may have some water issues.
Check you local water dept online.

Clyde4210

Clyde4210

Can you get a water quality report? You may have some water issues.
Check you local water dept online.
I could but not sure what kind of water I should be using? I don't have soft water build up and I have drunk it 14 years. My issue is sometimes the soap is hard to rinse off your body. Once I have meters then I'll know how it's working If I used the spring water, I know it's acidic.

Latest posts

Top Bottom