Should I Use Cal/Mag During Flower?

• Thread starter Dman91
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SSgrower

SSgrower

5ml per gallon is recommended, I use 2.5 ml and slowly go up until flower then I keep it the same dose until last week of flower, I just flipped this morning and am lollypopping already. Got 1 clone as the plants are on the small side this run, one may be an Indica strain. SS

G

Graphmo

5ml per gallon is recommended, I use 2.5 ml and slowly go up until flower then I keep it the same dose until last week of flower, I just flipped this morning and am lollypopping already. Got 1 clone as the plants are on the small side this run, one may be an Indica strain. SS
Nice, ive been giving 5ml frombthe start of feeding. Ive tried to increase it to 7 ml with no reslove. Im 4 weeks into flower and dont want to loose the plant. Im a newbie first grow and im thinking about attempting to transplant into soil. Ik it sounds crazy but it would be a last ditch effort.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Fairly new grower here. I am curious when I should stop using cal/mag with my feedings. I am using fox farm ocean forest soil. The nutrients I am using are the advanced nutrients sensi bloom line. My plants are both looking healthy going into week 3 of flower. My only problem is that I am seeing some deficiency. Is this going to be a problem or should I leave them be. Any help is greatly appreciated
Around week 4 I switch from cal/mag to just epsom salt. I have a chart I’ll have to find and I’ll post it which shows when the plant ya demands raise and fall. If this is wrong someone speak up!
643C95B3 34A0 4D6E A7EA 22EBF5CF2DF8

G

Graphmo

Around week 4 I switch from cal/mag to just epsom salt. I have a chart I’ll have to find and I’ll post it which shows when the plant ya demands raise and fall. If this is wrong someone speak up!View attachment 1192535
Thx, imma head out and grab some. How muchbdo you startout with and whats the dose os at its it's highest? Thx again

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Haven't used Calmag in probably 10 years.
If your water is decent you shouldn't need it. If water void of nutrients, you're better off using a standalone Calcium product like Calcium silicate or Calcium Carbonate imho.

Most nutrients on the market today have plenty of Ca and Mg as well as a complete micronutrient package. I honestly often see people using calmag have issues with excess Ca and N causing a cascading effect of nutrient imbalances.

The only time I'd consider it is if you're using distilled or reverse osmosis, or rainwater. And even then I'd only use a product that contains no Nitrogen.

AngeRBizcuTT480

AngeRBizcuTT480

Hello my friend I see you are growing Bruce banner . what number is your Bruce banner ? I have a fully documented series of bb# 3 mothers and clones. I have vids of every week from germ to jar!! I am currently pheno hunting Bruce banner #3. I have had the issue you are experiencing bb#3 need calcium and magnesium at a rate of 2 to 1 of normal plants, meaning when feeding bb#3 you must double calcium and magnesium when in veg. When flowering bb#3 needs half the regular dose of nitrogen and phosphorus at 2 to 1 as well. Bruce banner also must be defoliated regularly or it will begin cannibalising shaded leaves faster than normal plants. Please check out my grow forum. I have spent along time figuring out bb#3 and you are one of the few that are running Bruce banner. I would like to help you with advice and experience I've accumulated about bb#3. If you need help hmu fr

AngeRBizcuTT480

AngeRBizcuTT480

Check out my grow vids and make sure to look at all the pages there are 11 pages of bruce banner #3 grow info. Take a look lmk what number banner you have also

Cujo

Cujo

Any deficiencies during flower will fk your quality and harvest drastically. Run cal-mag up until flush, 75% concentration during the ripening phase.

Top Bottom