Should I use Lecithin when making canna butter?

• Thread starter Northernpop
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Northernpop

Northernpop

Hiya guys,

Just a quick question for you seasoned chefs.... Should I use Lecithin when making canna butter?

I've bought some, and it's supposed to blend the fats and water, but tastes horrid.

Any though are much appreciated.

Cheers, and happy growing!

AlexGrowns

AlexGrowns

IMO a bush makes thorns to keep mammals away... most oils and other parts of all plants are purposely toxic and are essentially an insect and grazing animal pesticide... and natural pesticides work by messing up the hormonal system and inevitably reproduction usually at such low doses it literally takes generations to sway the herd away from the soy fields or reduces their vigor by 2% or whatever... enough they don't come back in a few generations... and that's at it's base value when extracted and isolated especially from soy I'd personally be concerned enough to do a little research.

There are studies proving soy doesn't affect humans but they said that about beer until they recently figured out specifically how it did... cmon we all knew beer gives men beer boobs and beer bellies.

Obviously this is hugely debatable and I know that there's much to say on the other side, just wanted to shed some light on that, just an opinion.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
IMO a bush makes thorns to keep mammals away... most oils and other parts of all plants are purposely toxic and are essentially an insect and grazing animal pesticide... and natural pesticides work by messing up the hormonal system and inevitably reproduction usually at such low doses it literally takes generations to sway the herd away from the soy fields or reduces their vigor by 2% or whatever... enough they don't come back in a few generations... and that's at it's base value when extracted and isolated especially from soy I'd personally be concerned enough to do a little research.

There are studies proving soy doesn't affect humans but they said that about beer until they recently figured out specifically how it did... cmon we all knew beer gives men beer boobs and beer bellies.

Obviously this is hugely debatable and I know that there's much to say on the other side, just wanted to shed some light on that, just an opinion.

That sounds like some carnivore diet nonsense.

I use sunflower lecithin in my edibles and it definitely makes them more psychoactive.

Northernpop

Northernpop

I use sunflower lecithin in my edibles and it definitely makes them more psychoactive.

Cheers Dirtbag, does it taste bad? I making a lb of butter with 1 oz bubble and sugar leaf, and over 1/2 oz bud.

How much should is use? Is a teaspoon enough?

Cheers pal.

AlexGrowns

AlexGrowns

haha yeah

I always ate meat but I recently switched my bread and fast food with fish and broccoli and all my friends and family tell me it's a terrible health choice lol it's funny it makes people mad I couldn't care less though because now I have three sets of teeth lol

To each his own my friend.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Cheers Dirtbag, does it taste bad? I making a lb of butter with 1 oz bubble and sugar leaf, and over 1/2 oz bud.

How much should is use? Is a teaspoon enough?

Cheers pal.

No flavour really. When I make capsules I use 15 grams of bubblehash in 1 cup of coconut oil and 1 tbsp of sunflower lecithin.
But I think generally, 1 tablespoon per cup of carrier oil.

mancorn

mancorn

No flavour really. When I make capsules I use 15 grams of bubblehash in 1 cup of coconut oil and 1 tbsp of sunflower lecithin.
But I think generally, 1 tablespoon per cup of carrier oil.
Northenpop, I'm using a little more then Dirtbag, and think his explanation of oil/lecithin ratio is more useful. I'm using 4 teaspoons in 1 cup oil.

Northernpop

Northernpop

Northenpop, I'm using a little more then Dirtbag, and think his explanation of oil/lecithin ratio is more useful. I'm using 4 teaspoons in 1 cup oil.

Thanks for the help guys. 1/2 tsp of lecithin for about 50g of canna butter seemed to work perfectly. This is a really easy way to make edibles. I've made a note:-

Canna Gummies made on 29/05/20

50g ish (3-4 tbsp) canna butter
1/2 tsp Lecithin
30g beef unflavoured gelatin
1/cup cold water
2 packs of jelly (flavour to suit - I used Strawberry Hartley's)

1. In a small pan, pour the cold 1/2 cup water and sprinkle over the gelatin. Allow to bloom for 5 minutes.
2. Add the torn up jelly and lecithin, and bring the heat up gently. Whisk regularly, and it will soon begin to melt.
3. Stir to combine for five minutes.
4. Add the cannabutter.
5. On a low to medium heat Whisk constantly for 15 minutes, until the liquid becomes thicker.
6. Turn heat off, and cool for 3-4 minutes.
7. Lightly spray the moulds with oil.
8. Use a turkey baster to fill ice trays, working fast to avoid the jelly cooling too much.
9. Place trays in a fridge.
10. Dry, uncovered, at room temperature for a day or two, then store in a fridge or freezer.

IMG 20200529 222305
cannabisloverseo

cannabisloverseo

I'd go with canna butter. It wont taste as good as much but I find it tolerable. Oh wait I think the correct word is bearable.

Latest posts

Top Bottom