Should I water until runoff

• Thread starter GardenWeasel77
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
quirk

quirk

'Got my big mixing container. It was the ticket..I just watered my 7gal bags with 4 liters each. Not a drop came out.. 4 Liters really eats up the nutrients tho.. The plants are eating it up.

Now you're talking.

Glassdub

Glassdub

Imo keep soil 30-60% saturated. No need for runoff with organic amendment unless its been over fed.
I like to get run off pH & PPM reads though so I water to run off with ProMix BX water every 4 days in flower, trying organic next run.

T

trerevilo

Use the 10% Rule for organics. Water 10% of the container size.

K

kingdom_living

That ok as long as you give a good dry back... with synthetic we wanna wash out some of the old nutes. This is because they are immediately available and can build up. That can happen with organic but much less likely. In soil with synthetic we water to runnoff for that reason but with organic we want to keep the soil in ideal moisture range for a more consistent o2 level as we generally don't need rinse nutrients from the soil.
So what should I do if I am growing in Happy Frog soil? I had a pretty bad salt build up that I flushed out last week, and I’m about to water with Recharge for the first time now along with some more nutes. I’m in week 6 of flower and would say I only have like 2 weeks left if that. Should I water til runoff or no? They say Happy Frog is organic soil but it’s not technically living soil, is it? And I know that out of the trio, their Big Bloom is the only true organic fertilizer IIRC.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
So what should I do if I am growing in Happy Frog soil? I had a pretty bad salt build up that I flushed out last week, and I’m about to water with Recharge for the first time now along with some more nutes. I’m in week 6 of flower and would say I only have like 2 weeks left if that. Should I water til runoff or no? They say Happy Frog is organic soil but it’s not technically living soil, is it? And I know that out of the trio, their Big Bloom is the only true organic fertilizer IIRC.
You'll get better help if you start a thread.

You should water till there's runoff, making sure the soil dries well between waterings.

Organic growing basically means nutrients feed microbes and microbes feed the plant. Contrast that with synthetic nutrients that feed the plant directly. Either can be used with Happy Frog soil. Recharge provides microbes for organic growing, but the soil still needs organic nutrients the microbes can use. The living part of living soil is the microbes in the soil.

Top Bottom