Should the point of the seed be placed point up or point down?

• Thread starter doo-doo-man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
doo-doo-man

doo-doo-man

Hi farmers! My question is I am getting ready to germinate my beans, I germ them in rockwool, and an old school grower told me that the way you place the point, up or down, helps it germ. For the life of me I cant remember which way he said for it to be placed in the rockwool. Is this a true technique and if so which way should I place it so my beans will germinate. Also my rockwool cubes are on an incubator so the temp is not a problem. Thanks for any help.....DOO-DOO-MAN

4u2sm0ke

4u2sm0ke

I believe they say tip down as the tap root will grow up and around the bean then down...IMO..it dont matter..when ya think about nature..how do they fall? tip down..up..sideways..lol..hope this helps..

take care and be safe

S

scrapiron

Dont worry about it, just throw it in some dirt! Good Luck.

C

Chesney

Pointed tip down mate.
That way the tap root grows down and there is no unnecessary handling of the seedling.:fixed:

Chesney

J

jaybird

best way to germ

i take a shot glass of water....throw my seeds in...place in dark warm place....check daily...after 2 to 3 days beans pop... sprouts down...plant spike downward...shell top even with soil surface...usually next day or so...open up through the soil...use jiffy pod 7's...nice starter pads and cheap....this has been the most effective way I've used for numerous years germ'in many types of beans...hope this helps
aloha...be safe...Gro-on
jaybird
:joint:

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Pointing down! And actually much better chance of success your first time if you use paper towel or water method. When you use the cubes remember to shake (not squeeze) all the water out. When you shake and no more water comes out the cube is ready.

doo-doo-man

doo-doo-man

Thanks to everybody who posted on this I really appreciate all the feedback. Its all Love from the doo-doo-man!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom