Should you clip burnt ends off seedlings?

• Thread starter SpartanHero
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SpartanHero

SpartanHero

My seedlings all have varying degrees of nute burn on their 1st set of leaves. It’s pretty bad, they’re shriveling up and getting kind of crispy. It’s wasting energy and resources to keep them alive but they are really young and stressed so I don’t know. I added a picture for reference. Also there’s one that’s a runt, is she too far gone-like probably never really be even close to her potential?

Should you clip burnt ends off seedlings
Should you clip burnt ends off seedlings 2
Should you clip burnt ends off seedlings 3
Should you clip burnt ends off seedlings 4
B

Burned Haze

Leave em, I would only remove if they become yellow that the plant needs to put energy towards it and have to re-green it with nitrogen or if the leafs are dead and they are a contamination. right now from the picture they are still a energy source and at this stage you need every part of the plant ( plants at this stage are sensitive )

Mr.Juice

Mr.Juice

Doesn’t look like nute burn to me. Looks more like a cal/mag deficiency.

SpartanHero

SpartanHero

Wait wait wait. What? Seriously? I fed them with big grow last Tuesday. They didn’t start taking a turn for the worst till like Thursday/Friday. After I flushed them it did make it worse so... interesting. I use tap water though, I checked my cities quality measures and it definitely has both. Granted it was from 2019 but generally it does anyway.

SpartanHero

SpartanHero

If I gave them a tiny dose of cal mag (Or just magnesium if I can find some) it shouldn’t make them worse right? It’s still kind of spreading too so. And it definitely started how magnesium deficiencies start. That’s what I originally thought, not magnesium specifically but a deficiency in general which is why I fed them so young in the first place.

Mr.Juice

Mr.Juice

I don’t know what’s in “big grow” never used it so it’s Hard to say what’s happening. You could give it some cal/mag or some Epsom salts and see how it responds. If you treat with that stuff I would keep it separate from feeding nutes. Too much of one nutrient can inhibit the uptake of another.

Latest posts

Top Bottom