Shower Grow Room

• Thread starter Giants5
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Giants5

Giants5

This is my bathroom. Next to my shower up on the ceiling I have an air vent and another vent that sucks up air. Is there anyway I can use these to my advantage?

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

If you replace the bathroom exhaust fan with a stronger one (a vortex type fan) it'll pull a lot of cool air out of your central air duct when the central air-conditioner is on. And get more air moving thru the room.

Of course when when winter time comes that Central vent will be blowing hot air so you will want to block the central vent with tshirts and duct tape so no hot air enters the bathroom. And reverse the bathroom exhaust fan so it pulls in some cool outside air.

Is it getting too hot already? What peak temperature is it when lights are on?

Hope that makes sense.

Giants5

Giants5

It's always cool when I go into the bathroom and its always kinda warm in the shower. How can I reverse the exhaust fan? .....the vent with tape around it is the vent air comes out of the other is the exhaust fan which is the closest to the shower.

IMG 20150908 221416
MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

It's always cool when I go into the bathroom and its always kinda warm in the shower. How can I reverse the exhaust fan? .....the vent with tape around it is the vent air comes out of the other is the exhaust fan which is the closest to the shower.

I assume you are somewhere hot and not in Canada. So your ac is on all day right? So you should remove the duct tape and the vent cover and attach some flexible round ducting from Home Depot to the ac vent- so it will start blowing cool air into the *bottom* part of your "shower curtain" Then keep the bathroom exhaust fan on constantly. This way, the cold central a/c air from the flexible ducting will be cooling the bottom of your growth area where your plants are growing. In other words you need cold air from the ac duct to be directly routed to the bottom of your bathtub.

Hot air rises.

The hot air from your grow lights will rise out the top of your shower and be exhausted out of the room because your existing bathroom exhaust fan is always on.

The way your room is now, The air-conditioner duct is 2 feet away from the exhaust fan so the cold air has no way to get to your plants at all :/

After you remove the ac vent cover plate (just two screws) you will probably see something like this metal duct register boot:

Go to Home Depot and buy the right size flexible duct looks like this:

One end of the flexible duct goes into the metal duct register boot, the other will lay in bottom of your shower next to plants. So they get cool fresh air regularly.

Make sense?

Last edited:
Giants5

Giants5

Hell yea makes sense thanks..... Also my plants... one is bushy then the other both planted at the same time. I would like to know whats going on could it be genetics ?And should i top or not? Just want to get my first run right before i order some seeds. Which is my next question where should i get my seeds from?
1441901641139 894142460
1441901759096 638957239
1441901835042 306995799

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

Cool, look perfectly healthy. If you want to top it that's purely up to you and yes it's just the genetics why they are growing different.

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

I would learn to make clones first with your existing plants before buying any expensive seeds. Top them now so they get bushy and you can take some practice clones. Once you get the hang of cloning then you can buy some good seeds and keep things going. Good luck.

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

If you have more bags seeds, plant all of them that you can fit into that area so you hopefully get some good females, two is not enough really to start out . They may be males or hermis.

Giants5

Giants5

That's what I'm trying to figure out now if there male of female or both

Skunked

Skunked

Soil is fine for seedlings, gonna need to add some stuff later in the game...1st or 2nd transplant....whether it be amendments (cow manure, earthworm castings, perlite etc) or liquid ferts...gonna have to stay on top of the liquids tho

Skunked

Skunked

If you're making your own soil tho you might want to do that soon, definitely needs to sit or "cook" before you throw plants in em. Cow manure or humus is very hot at first and will burn or kill your plant... Reach out to me if you need a further explanation. Not really expanding here but I'll put you in the right direction...have to see what you have planned

Skunked

Skunked

Perlite is used to retain water, also helps balance out soil. Sorta a median lol, you're going to have to feed your plants pretty heavy in plain peat moss otherwise you'll have to make your own soil...or buy some other stuff like sunshine #4 or a lot of breeders have their own mix for sale. TGA for example. And these are just examples what's best idk I make my own but to give you an idea for a search start there....you can find all your answers here in the forums just search it.

Goodluck
Sx

Top Bottom