Sick Marijuana Plant (3weeks)

• Thread starter Mr.marijuana
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mr.marijuana

browning tips some yellow spots on a leaf. cotyledon leaf edge turned purple and the rest yellow. anyone know what this is because even though i put it in new unfertilized soil some more brown tips are appearing atleast for now

J

Joe.Grow

What’s your ph and ppm in/out. Pictures are almost mandatory here, any calmag with watering?

Madbud

Madbud

Probably overwatered, thats usually the first mistake. Water when the pot feels light in your hand.

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

Need photos.

My Guess??

You aint fed em in 3 weeks??? I feed mine as soon as the first true leaves appear. 10%-15% recommended dose.
Id say starving.

Start feeding it. And don't over water it. If it takes more than 3-4 days before it needs water again, its been overwatered.
I use a cheap Lowes Moisture Meter, and NEVER let the needle get to LOW MOIST LINE. Always just slightly Above the line.

If you let a plant get dry, and then water it, this can cause nutrient burn, as the salts are concentrated if it gets to dry, and when you add water, it (Can ) burns them. If the salts are kept in suspension, this wont happen. It adds to the misery if you also feed it at this time.
Don't overdo it by trying to play catch up either.
My general rule is give them 10%%-25% recommended dose, and feed at each watering. If it says 1tsp per gallon water, I use 1tsp per 5 gallons. Bigger they get, they get slightly more food, and water.
Don't forget Cal/Mag, or Epsom Salts.
You also need to know PH.

M

Mr.marijuana

Need photos.

My Guess??

You aint fed em in 3 weeks??? I feed mine as soon as the first true leaves appear. 10%-15% recommended dose.
Id say starving.

Start feeding it. And don't over water it. If it takes more than 3-4 days before it needs water again, its been overwatered.
I use a cheap Lowes Moisture Meter, and NEVER let the needle get to LOW MOIST LINE. Always just slightly Above the line.

If you let a plant get dry, and then water it, this can cause nutrient burn, as the salts are concentrated if it gets to dry, and when you add water, it (Can ) burns them. If the salts are kept in suspension, this wont happen. It adds to the misery if you also feed it at this time.
My general rule is give them 10%%-25% recommended dose, and feed at each watering. If it says 1tsp per gallon water, I use 1tsp per 5 gallons. Bigger they get, they get slightly more food, and water.
I fed it a blend of potting soil with “yard” soil and sheep manure compost NPK (.5-.5-.5).

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Your soil is too heavy. Transplant asap to a new soil. You can use your current one too but add shit ton of perlite/pumice/zeolite/lava stones etc. in any prefered combination. Also if you have it add peat moss or spaghnum and coco coir (these are not a neccessity but it would better your soil in many ways).

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

I agree. Medium is to heavy.

Id use Promix BX, or HP. I like BX...HP has to be watered more often. Probably getting a Cal/Mag deficiency.

Nitrogen deficiency also start out at the lower leaves, and works its way up. Also needs more tha .5 .5 .5.

Are you going to use Organic, or Chemical???
Whats the plan?

Last edited:
M

Mr.marijuana

I agree. Medium is to heavy.

Id use Promix BX, or HP. I like BX...HP has to be watered more often. Probably getting a Cal/Mag deficiency.

Nitrogen deficiency also start out at the lower leaves, and works its way up. Also needs more tha .5 .5 .5.

Are you going to use Organic, or Chemical???
Whats the plan?
I cant get shit winter’s coming and the hardware store usually swithes to selling potting soil in the winter instead of mostly fertilizer being in stock.
And its not nit dif because the yellowing stopped

M

Mr.marijuana

Probably overwatered, thats usually the first mistake. Water when the pot feels light in your hand.
It was over watered a little because the soil was packed too tight. Ao i replaced the soil.

Reactions: Ina
M

Mr.marijuana

Need photos.

My Guess??

Id say starving.

I dont use liquid fertilizer

Ryguy45

Ryguy45

Just add some perilite to the soil and re-pot it. IdI flush and start over 20% strength. That's where is start.

M

Mr.marijuana

I think i made progress because even though the plant stopped growing its developing roots rapidly

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Ok your soil is not good for growing cannabis you will have and currently are having problems due to insufficent aeration of your rootzone. You just have to get perlite/pumice/lavastones/zeolite or something similar. You are asking for help but dont do the things we advise. Whats the point then?

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Honestly it doesn’t look bad at all. At this stage in the game at least. And by that I mean the plant itself considering the circumstances. The soil does need some help though.

If you can’t repot it then you can aerate the soil some. Grab a tent stake or chop stick and stick it in the soil and wiggle it a little. Becareful of the roots when doing so. It’ll loosen up the soil and allow it to dry out a little quicker and give the roots the oxygen they need. Good luck on your grow.

springer20

springer20

That’s really shit soil, heavy, looks like it retains water for ages.

Reactions: Ina
Ryguy45

Ryguy45

I dont have and cant buy perlite and that was just repotted
Why can't you but it? It's even on Amazon. Maybe try vermiculite or even small pumice stones
I dont have and cant buy perlite and that was just repotted
Why can't you but it? It's on amazAm even! Use vermiculite or even small pumice stones will work. You have to allow for oxygen at your toys and that my friend is a solid black slab o death!;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom