Sick near end, when to harvest?

• Thread starter RedPentacleB
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RedPentacleB

RedPentacleB

First-grow. GPS Purple Tahoe. Growing in a 12 gallon airpot, compost, local dirt, coco, vermiculite mix. Two Viparspectra XS1500. Lights are 24" above plant. Beginning week 6 of flower. Currently using MaxiBloom plus a little botanicare Silica Blast and Cal Mag Plus with distilled water. This grow has been an off and on problem from the beginning. I suspect there is something in the local dirt causing a lockout, maybe. In veg grew well for a few weeks, then stopped growing for a month. Did a 20 gallon flush with tap water, then it started growing again. Had pale leaves in veg. It got greener after the flush, then when moved to flower they paled again. This picture shows the same bud over six day interval. Runoff EC has always been high. For example, last feed was 2 gallons at EC 900/PH 5.99. Runoff was EC 1842/PH 7.36. Apera meters that are calibrated. The washed out leaves are mostly at the top and sides. Middle leaves are greener. I suspect light burn, so I have been running the lights at 75%. I just turned down the lights today to 50%. 2.5 x 4.5 x 7 tent 75 degrees F. Low humidity due to where I live, currently between 20-30%.

I've given up trying to fix this because I suspect it is something in the dirt. I'm doing my second grow in CoCo/Perlite and not having any issues. I just want to get this first grow through harvest. My questions are how long to wait or what indicators I should look for before they are too far gone?

Thanks,
Red
Sick near end when to harvest

Sick near end when to harvest 2

Narsbars

Narsbars

I am running two P1500s in a 4x4. Six week veg, two weeks into flower and no sign of light burn running at 15 to 18 inches at 100%. When I see a leaf tip turning down or white I raise the lights about two inches. That said the plants being in a 4x4 with only two P1500s are smaller than hoped but with heavy defoliation just before 12/12 they seem health as hell.

B

buhdda

I am running two P1500s in a 4x4. Six week veg, two weeks into flower and no sign of light burn running at 15 to 18 inches at 100%. When I see a leaf tip turning down or white I raise the lights about two inches. That said the plants being in a 4x4 with only two P1500s are smaller than hoped but with heavy defoliation just before 12/12 they seem health as hell.
they have the graph looking pretty good, how's it handling it? with the amount of money spent you could of saved 50 by getting a CA lightworks , they're originally commercial went into home growing, I have 2 that are in flowering, 1 is getting too big for the 8 foot height , my wife wanted it in the spare bathroom to flower in there with room to grow, which I'm running out of room & needs to be transplanted into bigger pots as well, they can suffer a lot of mistakes during the veg stage, had a bunch of them from a friend that didn't want to throw out but try to salvage what you could, most of it was lack of light, cold, etc. i had 5 but from my shock the 2 that looked the worst sprung but the other stayed dormant & eventually died, I heard many on here, etc. I learned by the 18 off & 6 on been triggering into flower before it gets too big, why can't they keep the schedule the same , 12 on & 12 off , like it was back in the day , some prefer 18 off & 6 on etc. some prefer turning the lights off for 3 days str8 prior to harvesting

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

That is light burn, probably due to poor nutrition. Could be lockout — that EC is rather high and your runoff pH is rather high.

I doubt your plant will die before it's ready to harvest. It will just look rough. The plant is now drawing nutrients from the rest of the plant to supply the buds. I would use the normal indicators: white stigmas all turn red and shriveled. Then, if you check trichs, start checking after the stigmas have turned.

Top Bottom