Sick plant, unknown issue help needed!

• Thread starter CaptainStickman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CaptainStickman

CaptainStickman

I can't seem to find put why this is happening. Is it nute burn or root rot from over watering anyways here's the details.

My friend asked me to watch after his plant while he moved. Brought a pot, some random soil, and the plant. We transplanted it about 2 weeks ago and I gave it a good watering.

I water every 3 to 4 days but the medium in this plastic pot isn't drying fast at all.

I water with a ph of 6.5 and every other cycle I feed 15 ml per gal of fox farms tiger bloom and every other other watering I'll mix 10 ml in the big bloom low concentration for extra nutes. I'll add in 4ml per gal of cal/mag.

This is flower stage week 2 for this plant.

Idk what to do but I need to get it in check quick. Any tips please.

Sick plant unknown issue help needed
Sick plant unknown issue help needed 2
Sick plant unknown issue help needed 3
Sick plant unknown issue help needed 4
mjab702

mjab702

If this was me I would calibrate my PH pen It looks like PH lockout. I might be totally wrong but I PH my water to 6.1

tobh

tobh

Supporter
you have a handful of issues going on. primarily, i suspect it's the tiger bloom as it's notorious for wreaking havoc. looks like a combination of calcium deficiency coupled with light burn. too much light can trigger calcium def. next, you mentioned the media isn't drying out fast. stop watering if it doesn't need it. if the pot is light, water. if it's heavy don't. simple. you don't have to water on your schedule, water when the plant needs it. next run, tell your buddy to not use soil indoors. there's a reason we use it for neglected houseplants. there are easier medias with much more rewarding experiences for new growers indoors.

CaptainStickman

CaptainStickman

you have a handful of issues going on. primarily, i suspect it's the tiger bloom as it's notorious for wreaking havoc. looks like a combination of calcium deficiency coupled with light burn. too much light can trigger calcium def. next, you mentioned the media isn't drying out fast. stop watering if it doesn't need it. if the pot is light, water. if it's heavy don't. simple. you don't have to water on your schedule, water when the plant needs it. next run, tell your buddy to not use soil indoors. there's a reason we use it for neglected houseplants. there are easier medias with much more rewarding experiences for new growers indoors.
Yeah I wish I knew what medium he brought. Might have helped me in the beginning. I'll need to flush it now and rebalance the ph. All my plants are fine since I knew what they were fed the entire time and the type of medium.

I hate when this crap happens bc now I'm responsible for it. Fml lol

Bullmark69

Bullmark69

I don’t mean to hijack the post, as I would love to know what’s happening with his plants. But your comment about using soil indoors, and there being much easier mediums really struck a nerve. Without taking too much of your time would you suggest another type? The simpler the better...as I had to kiss the professor’s rear end to eek out straight “D’s” in freshman biology. Thanks for your sage advice.

alanmac101

alanmac101

NOT to use soil indoors?? haha why not?

Latest posts

Top Bottom