sick since new light

• Thread starter bigmikeyg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

growing in cloth 7 gallon pots
using advanced nutrients sensi bloom and b52
just switched to a led from china with 4 quantum boards on 3000k.
the room is chilly and 72-74 when lights on and cooler when off

it was cooler before adding the heat pads
humidity is 51

using promix hp
plants were veg’d from seed for few weeks under mars hydro 300 before i switch to the qb.

been messing with soil temps with a heating pad .. one night they got up to 85 couple nights ago

the light is at 75 and now at 50 cause the leaves are doo doo ..

lights are at 30 inches .. any thoughts ... the one small plant was not the healthiest but the one on the left was healthy before the room switch and it seemed like it didn’t curl as fast

the third biggest plant cam from a buddies .. and wasn’t like that at all before i mainlined and put under this light and switched nutes from grotek bloom to sensi bloom

Sick since new light
az2000

az2000

the room is chilly and 72-74 when lights on and cooler when off

it was cooler before adding the heat pads
humidity is 51

been messing with soil temps with a heating pad .. one night they got up to 85 couple nights ago

My money's on that. Was that a temperature-controlled seed mat (heating pad)? Or, the kind you buy at the drug store?

bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

ones a hydrofarm and ones an ipower.. have the soil right around 70-71 now but it was cooler and i did get it to hot the one full light cycle.. your thinking now that it’s consistent it should bounce back ?

az2000

az2000

ones a hydrofarm and ones an ipower.. have the soil right around 70-71 now but it was cooler and i did get it to hot the one full light cycle.. your thinking now that it’s consistent it should bounce back ?

I was thinking it was warm/med/hot heating pads. If it got to hot once, that was probably the problem. Shock. It should recover. When I transplant, I wet the soil with mild (1/4-strength) bloom nutrients. Somthing in the 1-2-2 range (ratio). More P. I think that helps the roots get going. (I've read that. Maybe it doesn't do anything.). Maybe it would be worth doing that once if you think the roots were shocked.

bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

i can control the heating pads with the controller .. just forgot to put the probe in the soil got a bit hot :(

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Stop "messing with soil temps"!? You may have done root damage at 85°? Good way to kill plants fast! No bueno brother!

Also its not necessary, soil is not hydro and heating your roots isn't going to make them grow faster, you're only hurting your plants; focus on better growing fundamentals over gimmicks; Good luck

Last edited:
bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

yeah the 85 was a mistake .. the soil pots on the concrete floor in my ac’d basement were so damn cold .. and with this new LED. there wasn’t enough heat in the room from the lights like when i run the 1000w .. figured i had to do something with the soil as the plants loooked worse than they do now .. before i messed up and got em 85 ... the plants finally started to perk up .. if everyone thinks it’s stress from the 85 now that the controller is working and i got the temps in a good range i’ll wait for new for more new growth and finish out mainlining

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Stop heating them. you're risking killing them eventually by drying them out or overheating them or a combination; will happen fast too. Get the bottom of the pots up off the floor. I use thick styrofoam squares under them in the winter only

Top Bottom