signs of a hermie?

• Thread starter Growbie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Growbie

is this a sign of a hermie? i cant seem to find any pollen sacks but im like 35 days into flowering so its kind of hard to see, if it is can i harvest soon so i dont hurt them? its for personal use only so will it effect anything? like thc lvls?
Signs of a hermie

I

ibTheMan

thats some hermie sacks but if there not all over pluck um out,they may be sterile or may not be.looks like the plants stressed out to me.

G

Growbie

it is stressed i over fed them and now trying to save them, but it seems its almost a lost cause if i got hermies, were should i look for the sacks? i cant find any. also do i just take clean eyebrow pluckers and pull it out? and should i get ready to harvest or can i wait and just keep an eye out? i just dont wanna ruin the whole plant as i only have two.

I

ibTheMan

yup just use what ever to pluck um out, they will look just like that one in the pic, i wouldnt cut it down unless its real fucked up, if u can flush it out with plain water and let it dry(not to dry where they wilt, but close, refeed and see what happens.

G

Growbie

ok i only found like 3 buds with those little banana looking things, how fast do they develop?

I

ibTheMan

you want to get um as soon as possible, each one of those yellow banana things will open up tahts how they pollinate , that could be real bad if its not sterile. so before then for sure. or as soon as you see um startn.

E

E.T.

a stressed plant can produce male flowers....keep a close eye on em and pull em when you see em. try to let the plant mature. if you pull it now, you will not be as happy with the results.

Melvan

Melvan

I guarantee no matter how many you find and pull there's 2 more you don't see. Day 35 is too early do not cut it.

The pollen has already been released in the room so there's little you can do at this point. Just continue to remove the ones you find to help minimize the damage. Spray everything down with RO water every few days, water makes pollen nonviable.

The quality of the smoke will be just as good, sometimes better believe it or not because the plant gets to actually complete it's life cycle. You're just going to have seeded weed, just like buying a street bag. When you put it to cure remove all the seeds before putting the bud in the jar or you could end up with fungus & mold.

Do not keep the seed from these plants. Destroy them. Do not grow them. Do not give weed to your friends with seed in it. The hermie trait is not one that should be propagated. I don't care what some bonehead says to you about "free seeds" and "new phenos", DO NOT GROW THEM

homebrew420

homebrew420

^^^ yeah kinda what Melvan said. The stamenate flowers do appear fairly well developed. Sometime they are sterile though, a way to check if they are dropping pollen, if you don't see any that is a good sign also when you do remove them be sure to rub the flower between your fingers. Fans off of course!!! This will give you an indication as to whether or not pollen is being shed. Melvan is right though about the herm traits, nothing pisses me off more than getting a pack of seeds and having the girls drop pollen 4 weeks in. Not your fault, just saying. Good luck to you and alll your endeavors.

Peace

Melvan

Melvan

The easiest way to avoid hermies is not to grow femmed seeds. Grow regular seeds and just pull out your males or grow clones. If a guaranteed "female" gives you seed what good is it anyway?

You also need to think about what stress the plants received that may have caused the hermie trait to assert itself and take proper measures to avoid that stress in future grows.

Did you happen to take cuttings from the hermie plants? They will be prone to the hermie gene asserting itself if the same stressful conditions occur.

G

Growbie

i did take cuttings but this time im not gonig to stress my babies, i was wrong to over feed them and its a mistake i have to learn from. i rather under feed them then over feed them until i get the hang of things.

Melvan

Melvan

i did take cuttings but this time im not gonig to stress my babies, i was wrong to over feed them and its a mistake i have to learn from. i rather under feed them then over feed them until i get the hang of things.

That's a smart way to go. Less is always more. Watch the feed and temps, make sure you keep your water properly ph'd, and I'm sure the next go around will go better.

Good luck

Latest posts

Top Bottom