Signs Of Harvest

• Thread starter Nugg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

And hoping for no hard rain and wind...

A tiny tornado generator storm from the valley did this. Lasted about an hour. Dropped like 5" of rain and pummeled everything with devastating micro-downbursts. My tallest girls were around 13'-14' before it hit. They'd grown a good 6' beyond my support netting.

Before...
20180924 132547
20180917 130618

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Reminds me of my Oklahoma days...

Nuthin like that brother. These are Cali tornado gennys. It could be the end of the world, and we'd get like, an F2. Hehe.

I'm in the Sierra foothills. The mountains break em up too much to keep up the cyclone action, but they still got a nasty punch to unsupported plants. My first year of growing they only reached 8'-9' so I wasn't prepared for these monster shrubs.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Ooops, I think I missed my harvest window...
View attachment 856441

JK, hehehe

Damn wish I lived in Cali. Us northern latitude guys cant compete with the redwoods you guys grow outdoors in Cali. I’d like to try outdoor but our storms here get pretty wild at times. 60+ mph winds a couple times a year isn’t uncommon. Plus we have a shorter growing season. If I can get a little greenhouse going I may give it a shot though sometime. Prolly won’t be this year tho. Might do a plant on the deck. Would be my first outdoor in a good 20 years.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Damn wish I lived in Cali. Us northern latitude guys cant compete with the redwoods you guys grow outdoors in Cali. I’d like to try outdoor but our storms here get pretty wild at times. 60+ mph winds a couple times a year isn’t uncommon. Plus we have a shorter growing season. If I can get a little greenhouse going I may give it a shot though sometime. Prolly won’t be this year tho. Might do a plant on the deck. Would be my first outdoor in a good 20 years.

Sh*t, had 4 or 5 storms last year with 60mph+ winds. Usually winter storms but we get hit in the fall too.

Definitely do a grow log on that one. Love to see dem mad skills in action on an outdoor shrub.

Top Bottom