Silica overdose

• Thread starter Mlbsnow0420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mlbsnow0420

So I used way to high of a concentrate with silica by being to haste and forgot to dilute before a foliar feed. Plants are pissed and the leaves are starting to wilt and die overnight. I washed them with soap and water and also culled some material that was hurting bad. Has anyone ever done this and if so what was the prognosis?
Thanks for the help guys,
MB

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
So I used way to high of a concentrate with silica by being to haste and forgot to dilute before a foliar feed. Plants are pissed and the leaves are starting to wilt and die overnight. I washed them with soap and water and also culled some material that was hurting bad. Has anyone ever done this and if so what was the prognosis?
Thanks for the help guys,
MB

Good Evening and Welcome to The Farm! šŸ»

Lets see if we can get some of your fellow Farmers to help you out.

First question i have is soil or hydro?

IMO you have done the best you could for now. The soap was probably not a good idea but rinsing the leaves was a plus.
I would also have removed those leaves to keep the OD from making its way to the main plant. An amputation if you will; lose the leaf or branch and not the plant. It is probably too late for that now.

Would you provide us a little more detail about your setup and how far along your grow is. I suspect that the plants ability to survive will depend on how old it is.

If you could supply some photos as well that would also be of great help; flower lights off so we can see the true color please.

Good Luck & Happy Growing šŸ»šŸ˜Ž

M

Mlbsnow0420

Iā€™m in a living soil bed, 4 by 8 feet, under HPS. My plants just hit two weeks in flower last night so I feel itā€™s still pretty early to catch it. Iā€™ll upload some photos tonight. Also I forgot to add that my humidity got up to 89 percent too! Bit of a combo

whats else,,,
Iā€™m not using co2 yet
Just using compost teas and a very light, sub 1.0 EC nutrient blend occasionally when needed. Any other need to knows?
thanksšŸ¤™šŸ¾

M

Mlbsnow0420

Really hard to see the damage so sorry for the quality. As of now I e cleaned them up a bit. They do seem to be coming back from the OD but itā€™s still a little to early to tell

D45E5840 2348 4814 842E DDB01DF7E4E2
chemistry

chemistry

What are all the little white spots on the leaves?

Top Bottom