Silica Phosphate PH

• Thread starter hooot4
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hooot4

hooot4

I'm a first time grower confused about what I need to have the PH of the water that I'm using for my outdoor plans. My understanding is that during the vegetative state, the ph needs to be around 6.3 in order to maximize nitrogen absorption. I also want to utilize slica phosphate which. My research has shown that for the absorption of silica, the solution needs to be at a high ph. So, what do I have to do in regards to ph in order for the absorption of both Nitrogen and silica?

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I'm a first time grower confused about what I need to have the PH of the water that I'm using for my outdoor plans. My understanding is that during the vegetative state, the ph needs to be around 6.3 in order to maximize nitrogen absorption. I also want to utilize slica phosphate which. My research has shown that for the absorption of silica, the solution needs to be at a high ph. So, what do I have to do in regards to ph in order for the absorption of both Nitrogen and silica?
Silica raises the ph so you will need ph down which you can buy on line do you have a ph meter ?

hooot4

hooot4

I use potassium silicate it works well. Mix first then add nutes then ph. Probably same for your stuff.
That's what I have been doing. I use a topper nute which I add first. In my water, I add .5 ml of pro tech potasium silicate, & then ph down to 6.2. I just wasn't sure if I was doing everything correctly.
I think I'm doing ok with water and feeding according to what you have provided. I'm just dealing with gnats that I have ordered nematodes for. & there was a bug (who's now a per in a glass jar) a few days ago that was feeding on the fan leaves. I'm still debating when to transition to not taking the ladies in @ night to prevent flowering. Seems like a lot of challenges with outdoor growth.
Thanks a bunch for your help

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

If you dont want to mess with the ph of the soil...just foliar feed the plant silica.

This actually is good for 2 reasons. Not only does the plant get a fast dose of silica but it will actually raise the ph on the surface of the leaves. The reason it's good to have a high ph on the leaves is things like pm and other fungal diseases need a low ph to live.
So not only can you feed your plant but also help protect it at the same time.

hooot4

hooot4

If you dont want to mess with the ph of the soil...just foliar feed the plant silica.

This actually is good for 2 reasons. Not only does the plant get a fast dose of silica but it will actually raise the ph on the surface of the leaves. The reason it's good to have a high ph on the leaves is things like pm and other fungal diseases need a low ph to live.
So not only can you feed your plant but also help protect it at the same time.
Since the plants are small and are getting watered once a week, this might be an opportunity to feed them more silica through foliar feed. How often can you foliar feed with silica?

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Since the plants are small and are getting watered once a week, this might be an opportunity to feed them more silica through foliar feed. How often can you foliar feed with silica?
It depends on the brand. I think I did mine once a week.

Latest posts

Top Bottom