L.Bs ongoing growing

• Thread starter London bud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
London bud

London bud

The plants are revegging fine but growth has come to a halt and things are going backwards.
Am I right to suspect a possible calcium deficiency?
IMG 20191110 203903
IMG 20191110 203529
IMG 20191110 203457
IMG 20191110 203407
IMG 20191110 203337

chemistry

chemistry

What's your PPM out of the tap? Your London water is quite soft, so maybe you need a splash of Cal/Mag, plants need it to green up, and it's high in Nitrogen. 😉

London bud

London bud

Looks like nitrogen deficiency and I would maybe take a peek at the leaves for bugs.
Yeah some of the blackish brown dots or the white marks over the leaves I've not personally had a problem with before. Had a good look for bugs of any kind but can't see nothing. These were started outside and the problems have developed after coming inside, I thought they would improve. Definitely not nitrogen deficient from lack of feed, perhaps the this soil pH is just is to acidic for weed. I don't know what soil was used.
Before I jump straight in and repot in a soil I know is appropriate I'm wondering if a calcium deficiency can lead to nitrogen def? Could a splash of calmag help resolve this?

London bud

London bud

yes, check for critters and transplant to new fresh soil, get them back to starting point....no nutes for a week or 2
I have been considering repotting in soil I know works, I thought possibly the soil they've been started in could be to acidic, although they did start off well?

London bud

London bud

What's your PPM out of the tap? Your London water is quite soft, so maybe you need a splash of Cal/Mag, plants need it to green up, and it's high in Nitrogen. 😉
Ppm out the tap is 125 according to my water company the ph is 7.2. They've only had bottled water from seed though as the ph is 6.4, the bottled waters softer than my tap and i thought that could have led to a possible cal def? So I've used tap water for the last two water to see if it helps, not so far though.

London bud

London bud

You can see some of the black dots and white marks which almost look like tiny scratches aswel as the nitrogen deficiency.
Cal mag potentially or wishful thinking?
IMG 20191111 200929

IMG 20191111 200754
IMG 20191111 200832
IMG 20191111 200901
chemistry

chemistry

You don't have to use a lot, just a splash, it's only a trace element, but it's quite an important one for producing chlorophyll. Has the plant stalled.

London bud

London bud

You don't have to use a lot, just a splash, it's only a trace element, but it's quite an important one for producing chlorophyll. Has the plant stalled.

Absolutely stalled, they're in reverse. I'd say they'll be near on dead in another two weeks.
Ive just got a splash of it from my mate.
Im gonna try in next water.
If that don't help I'll have to repot it

London bud

London bud

If it passes on, just order some seeds online, you'll be fine. 👍
Ive give a little cal mag tonight, I gave a little applied in a foliar spray aswel.
If i see no improvement in the next 48hours I'll repot in my usual soil and hopefully thatll resolve the problem.
These seeds ain't cheap so hopefully they'll make it out of this rut

London bud

London bud

Looks like nitrogen deficiency and I would maybe take a peek at the leaves for bugs.
After a closer inspection ive discovered life lol
Ive never had this before, tiny microscopic dots on the leaves , if you watch closely you can see them moving. So now i have a culprit. no sign of any web yet? Is this spider mite or something else?
Will a Neem oil product defeat this?

IMG 20191112 174032
IMG 20191112 174138

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Look around the bottom of the plant, that's where you might see some webbing around the small leaves and leaf stems. If it is spider mites Neem wont work. Personally I'd scrap it and sterilize everything and start over. Unless you really want to keep the genetics, then I'd try rosemary oil and something like bug-b-gone alternating every couple days for a couple weeks. But without a proper miticide those buggers can be hard to get rid of. Sulphur burners work well but I dont think that's an option in your case.

This is what you get for bringing outdoor plants inside. That's how I got root aphids.. Wont make that mistake ever again.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

After a closer inspection ive discovered life lol
Ive never had this before, tiny microscopic dots on the leaves , if you watch closely you can see them moving. So now i have a culprit. no sign of any web yet? Is this spider mite or something else?
Will a Neem oil product defeat this?

View attachment 909781View attachment 909782
Sounds like spiders mites to me. Wish I could tell ya how to wrangle and kill em but never had to deal with em. Was almost sure when I looked at the pics but sucks man. Can be a real pita.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Thanks for the responses. 😩 feel pissed lol @Dirtbag that is what you get for bring outdoor plants indoor, your absolutely right. I might chuck it all....

Dont be too hard on yourself, you learned a valuable lesson. This shit happens to most growers sooner or later. But If you want to get a clean grow going, I'd get cleaning and be extra diligent. Spider mites arent something I'd keep around for very long as the population will explode eventually, and to be blunt that plant looks like its beyond trying to save.

London bud

London bud

I did end up chucking it all except a few cuttings. I thought they were free of the mites but they started to show damage aswel.
I'm this second trying to drown them, I've got the cuttings out of the soil and totally submerged in a soapy water. Not sure what's gonna happen but I'll soon find out, hopefully it'll drown and kill any mites and the cuts will survive?
New seeds on the way anyway but I want this flavour to survive, mostly because I can't accept defeat lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom