L.Bs ongoing growing

• Thread starter London bud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chemistry

chemistry

@chemistry I've been rotating every so often to give both sides a bit of the uva but I'm gonna stop that and leave them getting it all on one side, maybe like you say I'll see a difference, for better or worse though lol time will tell.
Water going in is 6.5, sometimes a tad over sometimes a tad under.
I haven't got a clue what my ppm's are, that's advanced tech for me

Away's wondered about the blue light my self, but found no definitive answer, so this experiment will prove one way or the other whether it has benefits or not. I'm subbed in.

London bud

London bud

@SmithsJunk I would love some better lighting but needs must, I rock what I got.
At full im running 312w of light. 276 of CFL and 36watt of uva. Equates to 21000 lumens, obviously plants need to be be kept very close to get the effect though. I'm gonna scrog these, if they survive that is lol and keep a flat canopy under the light, I topped n mainlined last time but decided on top, supercrop n scrog for these, hoping to achieve, 3 maybe 4 oz in that space, gonna pack it out. That's a while off yet though.

@chemistry stay tuned n will see if one side lives or dies lol

Seriously though, wtf is happening with these little fuckers, I know people have said it's normal for reveg but I can't help but wonder. I'd love to hear people's opinions on these pics

IMG 8403
IMG 8404
IMG 8402
chemistry

chemistry

It will grow a little funky, it has to get rid of the flower nuits it's made of now, and rebuild a veg body, the new growth looks ok though, bit of a burnt tip, but it should still revert. You can cut the weird pink leaves off if you want, they're producing no energy for the plant, and my be blocking green leaves that will.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

@SmithsJunk I would love some better lighting but needs must, I rock what I got.
At full im running 312w of light. 276 of CFL and 36watt of uva. Equates to 21000 lumens, obviously plants need to be be kept very close to get the effect though. I'm gonna scrog these, if they survive that is lol and keep a flat canopy under the light, I topped n mainlined last time but decided on top, supercrop n scrog for these, hoping to achieve, 3 maybe 4 oz in that space, gonna pack it out. That's a while off yet though.

@chemistry stay tuned n will see if one side lives or dies lol

Seriously though, wtf is happening with these little fuckers, I know people have said it's normal for reveg but I can't help but wonder. I'd love to hear people's opinions on these pics

Monster crops are known for growing crazy.

London bud

London bud

It will grow a little funky, it has to get rid of the flower nuits it's made of now, and rebuild a veg body, the new growth looks ok though, bit of a burnt tip, but it should still revert. You can cut the weird pink leaves off if you want, they're producing no energy for the plant, and my be blocking green leaves that will.
I was thinking shall I remove the pinking leaves but I thought maybe the plant is taking certain nutrients from them leaves to use elsewhere, if i remove the leaves maybe the plant will just start taking from another leaf instead? Just a thought. Also after Super cropping, bending all the branches down and trimming already I think the plants maybe a bit stressed so I don't really wanna trim anything else right now, I feel like they just need to rest now and risk shocking them anymore, I'm just gonna let the girls drop them leaves when there ready. I like the explanation of building a new veg body it makes sense

@m8ty they've just been watered before pic, I'm giving them roughly 200ml of water every 2day so overwaterings not a problem

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I was thinking shall I remove the pinking leaves but I thought maybe the plant is taking certain nutrients from them leaves to use elsewhere, if i remove the leaves maybe the plant will just start taking from another leaf instead? Just a thought. Also after Super cropping, bending all the branches down and trimming already I think the plants maybe a bit stressed so I don't really wanna trim anything else right now, I feel like they just need to rest now and risk shocking them anymore, I'm just gonna let the girls drop them leaves when there ready. I like the explanation of building a new veg body it makes sense

@m8ty they've just been watered before pic, I'm giving them roughly 200ml of water every 2day so overwaterings not a problem

I know it's tempting to keep playing with them, but every time they're bent or cut it stalls their revovery. I think you got the right idea just letting them choose the leaves they drop and leaving them be.

I can see why m8ty is saying maybe overwatered. I don't think he was only looking at the wet soil. The leaves are showing possible signs of overwatering, but... that could also be happening because of the monster crop. Hard to tell.

They're looking pretty good to me. Clones will often immediately drop their original leaves once the new growth is established. I would consider that a great sign.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I don't know how experienced you are at growing, but just in case you're new to it here are a couple examples of overwatering from growweedeasy.com for comparison. It may not be so much a problem with how much you're giving them but the soil holding too much.
Overwatered seedling looks like nutrient deficiency sm
Overwatering2

I learned from reading and watching Jorge Cervantes if the soil doesn't drain and stays saturated much longer than 20min the roots begin to suffocate and a lot of the root hairs die.

Last edited:
London bud

London bud

@SmithsJunk i see it, my dirt is really dry and crusty by the time i water though. I'm familiar with plumped up leaves from over water but the leaves that look like it here are very thick, dry and leathery feeling.
I'm gonna make sure they're extra dry for next few waters though and see how we go.
theyre growing slowly though, better than no growth n death.
Hopefully soon they'll snap out of this lull and explode

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

@SmithsJunk i see it, my dirt is really dry and crusty by the time i water though. I'm familiar with plumped up leaves from over water but the leaves that look like it here are very thick, dry and leathery feeling.
I'm gonna make sure they're extra dry for next few waters though and see how we go.
theyre growing slowly though, better than no growth n death.
Hopefully soon they'll snap out of this lull and explode

Cool cool.

m8ty

m8ty

Instead of going by the wetness of the top soil (crustyness) can you lift the pots to feel if they are heavy or light before watering? Also there may be too much light in there for such a small plant, too much light will also cause your leaf to yellow like that (Mag deficiency caused by too much light)

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Instead of going by the wetness of the top soil (crustyness) can you lift the pots to feel if they are heavy or light before watering? Also there may be too much light in there for such a small plant, too much light will also cause your leaf to yellow like that (Mag deficiency caused by too much light)

You think maybe too much light at the wrong frequency? I never had great luck growing with CFLs back in the day. I made a sad attempt at growing a plant with an 18" Glow'n Grow tube (I think T5) and a CFL in '96. Got this lanky bean pole lookin thing with about 20 leaves, hahaha. I didn't know sh*t from shine-ola back then.

It's a b*tch guerilla growing on a budget in a place that's hostile to it (laws). It's hard to get the right equipment and hard to find local help.

London, maybe m8ty is on to something there. Your lighting set could be burning them. You could try lifting it off of them a bit or turning off a few. I don't know how to calculate DLI with those lights.

London bud

London bud

@SmithsJunk I grew the mum in this set up, same dirt, same lighting. I mainlined, she was bushy and tight nodes, good growth, no problem at all start to finish. Not the most powerful of lighting but I got over 2oz of nice bud off her when dried.
As for overwater I can lift the plant out with the dirt and see the bottom. It's defo dry I know my dirt in my set up n how long it takes to dry I've used it a few times and I like to let them dry out.
@m8ty I think I will turn a few bulbs off for a bit while they're recovering.

I'm trying to not look properly for a couple of days.
Hopefully when I have a proper look again I'll see some improvements

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

@SmithsJunk I grew the mum in this set up, same dirt, same lighting. I mainlined, she was bushy and tight nodes, good growth, no problem at all start to finish. Not the most powerful of lighting but I got over 2oz of nice bud off her when dried.
As for overwater I can lift the plant out with the dirt and see the bottom. It's defo dry I know my dirt in my set up n how long it takes to dry I've used it a few times and I like to let them dry out.
@m8ty I think I will turn a few bulbs off for a bit while they're recovering.

I'm trying to not look properly for a couple of days.
Hopefully when I have a proper look again I'll see some improvements

I don't think I've seen the mum. I'll have to check it out. If I would have know I could grow with a handful more cfl, I would have grown a lot of plants in the 90's. Don't remember seeing them in the 80's.

London bud

London bud

Wow, that's better than I expected.
Thanks bro, that give me a smile. the cfls veg ok but it's a little but of a slower process than hps or other more powerful lights and I suppose they do alright for flower, obviously u get more bud using better lights and faster growth but the cfls are working for me right now, some point I would of course like to upgrade.
Theyre only any good for small, closet grow like mine though, I've got 12 cfls set up, i can finish one to three plants under them nicely but growing 4/5 plus plants is impossible, you'd need to many bulbs n fittings

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Thanks bro, that give me a smile. the cfls veg ok but it's a little but of a slower process than hps or other more powerful lights and I suppose they do alright for flower, obviously u get more bud using better lights and faster growth but the cfls are working for me right now, some point I would of course like to upgrade.
Theyre only any good for small, closet grow like mine though, I've got 12 cfls set up, i can finish one to three plants under them nicely but growing 4/5 plus plants is impossible, you'd need to many bulbs n fittings

Just an FYI, when I was first looking for lights I came across some super cheap burple COBs by CF Grow on Amazon (by Panda Grow, good company). Around 50w wall draw and $30(US)ea light ($80 for x3). They run hot because the housing is the heat sink but shouldn't be a problem with decent ventilation. Wanted to give you an option for a very inexpensive booster in addition to CFLs.
51lp VR7UYL AC SY400
51UgLVUwxiL AC SY400
51H8CiiOe L AC SY400
Screenshot 20190216 083516

If your not planning on buying your CMH for a while these may be a good intermediate auxiliary and will help later to boost the CMH as well. They're cheap because they start with blue lights and use phosphorus powder to make them full spectrum. They are "throw away" lights so I wouldn't expect the same life expectancy as a high end COB but they are a good deal for what they can do. (Contrary to advertisement, they are not completely waterproof)

Last edited:
London bud

London bud

@SmithsJunk im definetely gonna get a proper light at some point but right now I can't afford it, its not top of my priorities, although I love growing I gotta sort the wife n kids first. Be back on top soon enough though, then I'll treat myself.
I'll definetely look into these lights youve mentioned though, I would like something to gimme a light boost in flower, i need it really.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

@SmithsJunk im definetely gonna get a proper light at some point but right now I can't afford it, its not top of my priorities, although I love growing I gotta sort the wife n kids first. Be back on top soon enough though, then I'll treat myself.
I'll definetely look into these lights youve mentioned though, I would like something to gimme a light boost in flower, i need it really.

No push, I understand financial priorities and a blue collar paycheck. Raised my son, step-son, and grandkids.

I've done the research and wanted to give you one to keep in the bull pen for when your ready. I'm on a fixed income nowadays so I'm I'm always looking out for good deals.

Top Bottom