L.Bs ongoing growing

• Thread starter London bud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

:sweating: a good point.. something I didn't consider.
The dafodil is starting to open ahead of the others, I wanna see how much of a time difference there is between this one opening fully and all the others. Then I'll be curious to see which last longer..,

I've been trying to get a stardawg seed to germinate for nearly two weeks.
Had it I water for 2days, nothing. Put it in soil, kept wet n warm but nothing. I took the seed in my fingers last night and squeezed until I heard the smallest crack, I then put the seed in water mixed with liquid seaweed and today its sprouted, ive now got it back in the soil. Hopefully she'll turn out to be a girl.

Clones are truly there own plants now, it's quite amazing, they are actually turning into there mum, except these are gonna be even better :cool:

They're looking niiice!

Ooo, thanks for that tip on germing the bean. I wish I would have thought of that before tossing so many bad ones from my order last year.

Srenots

Srenots

:sweating: a good point.. something I didn't consider.
The dafodil is starting to open ahead of the others, I wanna see how much of a time difference there is between this one opening fully and all the others. Then I'll be curious to see which last longer..,

I've been trying to get a stardawg seed to germinate for nearly two weeks.
Had it I water for 2days, nothing. Put it in soil, kept wet n warm but nothing. I took the seed in my fingers last night and squeezed until I heard the smallest crack, I then put the seed in water mixed with liquid seaweed and today its sprouted, ive now got it back in the soil. Hopefully she'll turn out to be a girl.

Clones are truly there own plants now, it's quite amazing, they are actually turning into there mum, except these are gonna be even better :cool:
excellent way to save a strain that you somehow forgot to take a clone of....been there many times, takes plenty of patience ...nice work bro

London bud

London bud

@SmithsJunk I'm gonna check out page 13 right now. Ye the seed was not opening, I thought if I pop it the tiniest bit it might allow water in then and I read somewhere that using seaweed increased germination rates of plants and it seemed to work. Still not poked its head up through the dirt yet though.
Thanks @chemistry it's coming together now, it took a while but there on the right path now.
@Srenots it definetely takes some patience but I think theyre on the right path at last now. I
won't bother with flowering clones again though I don't think, unless I get an insanely big yield from these . I'll have to wait n see
I've not used peat before but the girls seem to like it, it took a little getting used to for me, I thought it was a bit to fine but it actually drains pretty well

Last edited:
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

@SmithsJunk I'm gonna check out page 13 right now. Ye the seed was not opening, I thought if I pop it the tiniest bit it might allow water in then and I read somewhere that using seaweed increased germination rates of plants and it seemed to work. Still not poked its head up through the dirt yet though.
Thanks @chemistry it's coming together now, it took a while but there on the right path now.
@Srenots it definetely takes some patience but I think theyre on the right path at last now. I
won't bother with flowering clones again though I don't think, unless I get an insanely big yield from these . I'll have to wait n see
I've not used peat before but the girls seem to like it, it took a little getting used to for me, I thought it was a bit to fine but it actually drains pretty well

Cool. I think mainlining is right up your alley. (Is it just me, or does that just sound wrong. Hehe.)

Sorry, binge watching BBT and reading way too many Lorre vanity cards.

London bud

London bud

@SmithsJunk I tried mainlining with the mum. I started 5plants and 4 turnt out to be male so I mainlined to make the most of the one female. This time i feel like i can get more bud in the same space with a scrog. Im gonna use a strong rigid net with quite small squares 2/3inches x 2/3inches, i dont want to use the net just to spread the plant out, im using a smaller holed net so i can weave the stems through it as it grows, controlling the plant more and using up literally every inch of space under the lights. Once the nets full I'll 12/12 and let the tops stretch through

I have no idea what BBT is

2018 10 31 181022
2018 11 17 212826
IMG 7730
2018 12 14 202922
chemistry

chemistry

@SmithsJunk I tried mainlining with the mum. I started 5plants and 4 turnt out to be male so I mainlined to make the most of the one female. This time i feel like i can get more bud in the same space with a scrog. Im gonna use a strong rigid net with quite small squares 2/3inches x 2/3inches, i dont want to use the net just to spread the plant out, im using a smaller holed net so i can weave the stems through it as it grows, controlling the plant more and using up literally every inch of space under the lights. Once the nets full I'll 12/12 and let the tops stretch through

I have no idea what BBT is

i like the hanging basket. lol

London bud

London bud

It's a talking point at dinner parties. lol
Lol @chemistry that would be quite a talking point, I can imagine trying to explain what it is to my mum when she comes round. Nuh I keep it in with the plants usually.

so here's my plants today, putting on some weight now.
I'm liking the peat, it's seems its pretty hard to over water it's draining a lot better than other soils I've used. I've been giving more water now and the plants seem to be lapping it up

2019 03 10 002914
2019 03 10 003052
London bud

London bud

They're doing well, every few days I bend the branches a little to keep them low but today I broke a branch, I've glued it back and I'm sure it'll be fine.
There's a few leaves left damaged/faded/yellow/purple from the reveg and from where the ph was off but apart from that all new growth has been looking good. Ill trim the old shit leaves off eventually.

2019 03 14 193637
2019 03 14 193919
2019 03 14 194513
2019 03 14 201527
2019 03 14 201220
London bud

London bud

Slow progress at the moment. I've seen a few others on here recently with monster crops taking off slow aswel. They're very tight though.
I suspect my ph maybe off and slowing them down and causing what I think is magnesium deficiency. the yellowing is occurring on the lowest oldest leaves of each branch. No way of checking the ph right now though

20190326 171852 kindlephoto 14313346
20190326 171959 kindlephoto 14810519
20190326 171918 kindlephoto 14664103
20190326 172221 kindlephoto 14605583
20190326 172132 kindlephoto 14519971
London bud

London bud

Check your PPM and PH, you can pick up both meters from ebay for a few sheets, just make sure you get the control fluid to check they're on point.
I've never checked ppm before, only just starting to get an understanding of it.
I use tap water, ppm of tap water in my area is 115ppm according to my water supplier. I've been feeding flora micro mostly, occasionally flora gro, never together though. I put between 4 to 8 droplets in a litre. Every third water I use just plain water, my tap waters ph is roughly 8, high but its only every third water and I figure it'll be helping keep the ph of the peat up?

Do you think it looks like a magnesium def?
Defo need new ph meter but it ain't gonna be this week, if magnesium is being blocked out due to my ph being off, do you think it would be because the ph is likely to high or to low, if I can figure that out I may be able to make a slight adjustment

London bud

London bud

I don't use calmag lol must be the only one who dont, I'm in hard water area though, there's enough cal n mag in the water already I think, never had any problems with cal or mag before.
I'm gonna buy some bottled water I think, I can get big bottles that have ph of 6.5.
Might repot with a lot more soil aswel, ive noticed the less soil the quicker soils ph changes and gets messed up. The smaller the pot you use the more you need to keep an eye on ph right?
3months and all I have is two little bushes, mum was huge in this same time. This little grow has been a learning curve.
Could it be that some plants when revegged just never really get back what they were?

chemistry

chemistry

Plants will re-veg just fine. I live in a hard water area, 210 out of the tap, good for holding a rock steady PH 6.0, but not so good for cal or mag pick up. My PH out of the tap is around 7.8. I have to use calmag, forget the doubters, if you need it you need it, I would'nt lose quality of bud just because some folk frown apon adding calmag, give it a try, you may surprised at the results.

Latest posts

Top Bottom