L.Bs ongoing growing

• Thread starter London bud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
London bud

London bud

That's just the plant swapping over from flower NPK to veg NPK, it will balance out, takes time for the veg feed to flush out the flower.
You think in time then the yellowing and purpling will stop spreading? It's been nearly 6weeks now this has been persisting.
What sort of npk ratio wiuld you recommend for them right now ? Im feeding N but it doesnt look like the girls are using it much?

chemistry

chemistry

Like Cactus says, but don't blast it with and overdose, treat it like a big cut that's just going into veg. The old leaves are toast, but new shoots on the stems are the light at the end of the tunnel. Can take 8 to 10 weeks before they turn, patients is the key.

London bud

London bud

Ive got a 36w uva I've chucked in there, my lights are all red spectrum and I'm guessing this could be slowing things down a touch. I'm hoping the uva might add a little useable blue light but I'm not sure it's in the plants range of useable light. I'm thinking if after a dark period I turn on only the uva for a couple of hours then I can see if the plants react and reach for the light at all, if they do then that would suggest the plant is making some use of the uva?

chemistry

chemistry

Ive got a 36w uva I've chucked in there, my lights are all red spectrum and I'm guessing this could be slowing things down a touch. I'm hoping the uva might add a little useable blue light but I'm not sure it's in the plants range of useable light. I'm thinking if after a dark period I turn on only the uva for a couple of hours then I can see if the plants react and reach for the light at all, if they do then that would suggest the plant is making some use of the uva?

I've not used UV in a grow, but used it when I had fish tanks, and the plants in the tanks grew just fine.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
@jumpincactus the yellowing is slowly continuing, some leaves are very pale, almost turning whitish, they're pinky/purple underneath, some of the leaves veins are purpling. the entire plants are pale green, even new growth. With the plants growing calyxs everywhere could it be that a P/K deficiency could be causing problems for normal leaf growth, as I'm feeding for veg maybe the plants need more phosphorus or potassium because they've been using what little p and k they have flowering?
The pictures don't really show how light the plants are

Bro did you transplant? I’d just prune the roots and go into the same pot with fresh soil or up pot. I keep bonsai mothers from revegged clones and this happens to me when they get rootbound.

London bud

London bud

@jumpincactus I enjoyed reading that, sounds like a perfectly reasonable theory

@CrimsonEcho I haven't transplanted since I moved them from tiny solo cups, 6weeks ago.
They're not root bound at all but the root ball is holding the dirt together, I did think about upsizing pot size just a little so i could add a bit of fresh soil around it all. I feel it might help.
I've added a minutest amount of flower feed along with the veg feed as a one off today, I think theirs a bit of a P def. I don't know, I've been thinking it a while so I thought I'd see if a touch of pk will help :sweating: if it doesnt help ill try repotting and some patience

Last edited:
London bud

London bud

Been tidying up so thought I'd share a few pics of my operation, defo need some better sun glasses for this.
I don't wanna jinx it but i think in general my little ones might be looking a little bit greener today, or am I imagining it lol.

IMG 8385
2019 02 12 202904
2019 02 12 203653
2019 02 12 203223
2019 02 12 204610
chemistry

chemistry

I see the UV unit, do you only have one on that side? If so, unless your going to move it to give both sides equal benefit, then one side should wind up different to the other, if there's a difference you should be able to see it with time.

London bud

London bud

@chemistry I've been rotating every so often to give both sides a bit of the uva but I'm gonna stop that and leave them getting it all on one side, maybe like you say I'll see a difference, for better or worse though lol time will tell.
Water going in is 6.5, sometimes a tad over sometimes a tad under.
I haven't got a clue what my ppm's are, that's advanced tech for me

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Been tidying up so thought I'd share a few pics of my operation, defo need some better sun glasses for this.
I don't wanna jinx it but i think in general my little ones might be looking a little bit greener today, or am I imagining it lol.

Right on brotha! I remeber the guerrilla days.

I wonder if those remote controlled adjustable color lights would work.
Shopping

"Alexa, give the girls 4000k"

JK, hehe

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

@SmithsJunk I've got space for another three bulbs so I might try them out lol could do with a bit more blue light :cry:

That'd actually be pretty cool if they run the right spectrum. I bet a cheap COB would probably be more effective though. What would really help you is a quality dimmable COB fixture. You'd need dimmable if you were to keep such a compact grow space.

A few examples of fairly inexpensive quality lights (inexpensive in the US, don't know about UK, in Canada they cost at least twice as much).

200w CXB3590 ($300US, fully dimmable)
511ELS4eYgL AC SL1500

150w Lumens ($200US, not top tier but Panda Grow makes good products in this price range, non-dimmable in this size)
51akmnNl0aL AC SL1500  1

95w HLG100v2 Quantum ($150US, this size is non-dimmable)
71YXA6zLloL AC SL1500

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom