L.Bs ongoing growing

• Thread starter London bud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
London bud

London bud

P
What’s shipping like from the US to the UK? Is it reasonable or ridiculously priced? I’ve never shipped anything across the pond. But I have an extra PH pen I can send you if it’s not too expensive to ship.

Also, the PH drop kits are really cheap and I’d imagine are in your area. Just a thought too.

That's a really kind offer, you don't even know me and you would do that. I appreciate the offer it is really nice of you. I don't know how much it would cost but I couldn't have you putting yourself out for me, thank you though.
I'm struggling to keep a float at the moment but things will pick up in a few weeks.
For now I'll have to do the best I can.
Do you think the lemon juice is ok to ph down for the cuttings? not sure if they've rooted or not

Phylex

Phylex

I’m not sure about the lemon juice. I’ve never personally used it before so I can’t comment on it from experience. But I don’t see why not. And the PH pen is just an extra one I have. I think I actually have two extras. They’re both relatively new but I ended up buying the Bluelab soil pen and I’ll never use the other two after purchasing the bluelab. So they’re kinda just going to waste sitting there. We’re all like minded here with a passion for growing. I honestly don’t mind helping out a fellow grower. It’s extra and I’m not going to use it. Might as well hand it off to someone and hopefully they can get some good use out of it. If you end up changing your mind, just PM me.

Srenots

Srenots

I’m not sure about the lemon juice. I’ve never personally used it before so I can’t comment on it from experience. But I don’t see why not. And the PH pen is just an extra one I have. I think I actually have two extras. They’re both relatively new but I ended up buying the Bluelab soil pen and I’ll never use the other two after purchasing the bluelab. So they’re kinda just going to waste sitting there. We’re all like minded here with a passion for growing. I honestly don’t mind helping out a fellow grower. It’s extra and I’m not going to use it. Might as well hand it off to someone and hopefully they can get some good use out of it. If you end up changing your mind, just PM me.
there u go....hell ya

Srenots

Srenots

Today I've managed to pick up a cheap cheap ph tester. It's not electronic or to the exact point but it's got to be better than nothing.
Assuming this device can be trusted my soil ph is tipping over 7.
I've added lemon juice to my tap water to get my feed to a ph of 6, I had to use more lemon than I thought I'd need to lower the ph. If I keep watering with my water at 6 will it slowly bring down my soil aswel?
My cuttings are all looking ok but the bottom leaf is fading on a few of them, is it ok to use the lemon to ph down the water for the clones? I'm worried it might cause a problem...

Pictures come out yellow on my phone
lemon is fine...using mother nature for mother nature is always a win...as long as the yellowing is on the bottom of the plants and they still show new growth at the top........dont worry about it, what medium are u using?

Last edited:
chemistry

chemistry

I think he just needed a quick fix....and get a bottle later er sum sht, its cheap , its a quart, and it lasts forever, General Hydro , hell I have an extra bottle if he needs it all good

This is what I meant, cheap to buy and lasts a long time on a small grow, think I bought a gallon last time, gave half a gallon away, still have a bit left after two years using it on my small grows.

London bud

London bud

Will definetely need a better ph down than this juice. It seems like a lot to go in the water and it doesn't seem to hold the ph at 6, if I check the water again a few hours later the ph has risen. So In goes more juice lol.
I think I'm seeing positive effects though, it's to soon to say really but I think growth has sped up a little today, or I could be imagining it... time will tell.

Anyway apart from that I think quite a few of the cuttings have taken root, one in particular seems to be sprouting a second trunk, quite cool I thought.

20190408 205234
Axel Rose

Axel Rose

That's a come up right there bro! I would hop on this as I have none of the things these guys are offering and I would hate to go through your situation. I sticking to organics because the combo of organic soil and organic amendments haven't given me any ph issues yet. I'd like to think I'm getting away with it :). However I was trying to post up on POM so I would win the pen

If it makes you feel any better if I were in your shoes I would repay the favor by continuing to contribute to this site with your knowledge and experience using the pen lol ;)

London bud

London bud

It's a very kind offer, I've got it sorted now but I do really appreciate the thought, it's very generous. Thanks @Phylex

I've discovered my soils ph is at 5.8... And my girl is struggling. The cuttings are doing ok, a good few are taking off, there in solos now, when there ready I'll repot into soil with the correct ph, they seem to be taking it for the moment.
I've scrapped the lemon juice as a ph down now and have a bottled water at 6.4, however, would it be better to use a water with a higher ph of 7.2ish in an attempt to counteract the low soil ph? Until I repot them all.

My bigger plant, my old monster clone is struggling with it. Atleast I finally know the cause of the problems and can begin to rectify it. However I'm thinking of turning her into a load of cuttings and starting again, I'll plant what's left of her outside after taking clones and see how she gets on through the summer

London bud

London bud

So within 21 days, every one of my 15 clones had rooted, the majority had done so within 14.
100% success rate with no rooting gel or powder or nothing like that, they're just cut and put straight into soil and watered. I've got another 15 cuttings now and they're all looking good, I'm pretty sure every one of them will make it aswel.
Obviously no need for rooting products at all! I think a lot of people really like to over complicate things

chemistry

chemistry

So within 21 days, every one of my 15 clones had rooted, the majority had done so within 14.
100% success rate with no rooting gel or powder or nothing like that, they're just cut and put straight into soil and watered. I've got another 15 cuttings now and they're all looking good, I'm pretty sure every one of them will make it aswel.
Obviously no need for rooting products at all! I think a lot of people really like to over complicate things

Like I said, keep it simple, and a very good rate of germination.

London bud

London bud

Like I said, keep it simple, and a very good rate of germination.
I got 30 little babies, I'm a tight space, they still got plenty of room now.
outside here... I don't think they'll finish properly, it's mid september here when we'll finally get 12hours of darkness, that means with 8 weeks to flower it'll be a mid November finish. Our weather gets worse and worse and the days shorter and shorter in that space of time, I'm just not sure they'll be able to finish properly? I might have a go though, I won't know till I try.

Inside I'm thinking I could pack them together quite close, trim away all side branches and focus on the top cola only. Veg for a month, I can fit all the plants in like this, I'm farely confident I can get a half oz off every top considering it's the only bud site each plant will have. That's perhaps 15oz out of a wardrobe. That's nice for me.
I thought of this before but was talked out of it but I do believe it will give me the most bud in my space. Personally if I put three plants in there to fill it up I woidnt get 15z. Not even 10. I've done this.

What do you think about leaving only the main cola to form and nothing else? Surely each plant should grow an extra juicy top?

Latest posts

Top Bottom