L.Bs ongoing growing

• Thread starter London bud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Sea Of Green, as soon as they're rooted and reach 12 inches, chuck them into flower, what have you to lose. Then gorilla some of the others.

That's a solid way to go. You can almost pack 4, one gallon pots per square foot and flower them as soon as they start to grow really. A buddy of mine used to do 50 plants per 4x4 tray, vagged for about a week then flipped.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I got 30 little babies, I'm a tight space, they still got plenty of room now.
outside here... I don't think they'll finish properly, it's mid september here when we'll finally get 12hours of darkness, that means with 8 weeks to flower it'll be a mid November finish. Our weather gets worse and worse and the days shorter and shorter in that space of time, I'm just not sure they'll be able to finish properly? I might have a go though, I won't know till I try.

Inside I'm thinking I could pack them together quite close, trim away all side branches and focus on the top cola only. Veg for a month, I can fit all the plants in like this, I'm farely confident I can get a half oz off every top considering it's the only bud site each plant will have. That's perhaps 15oz out of a wardrobe. That's nice for me.
I thought of this before but was talked out of it but I do believe it will give me the most bud in my space. Personally if I put three plants in there to fill it up I woidnt get 15z. Not even 10. I've done this.

What do you think about leaving only the main cola to form and nothing else? Surely each plant should grow an extra juicy top?

Looking great. Sorry to see such a thrashing by the miss.

I've got waaay too many plants myself. I dropped most of my beans with the expectation of a field to put them in. Unfortunately, my partners got their power shut off. Most of us round here are on well water. So, no power, no water.

I'd say I understand what your going through but I dont have to Johnny Appleseed my babies guerrilla style. I can just stick em outside till I find a place. The rest I'll SOG like you.

I sure hope you guys get legal soon. I do remember what it was like when it was completely illegal here. I was a dealer back then. Only tried to do a couple grows but neither worked out. We didn't have the internet or lighting tech, and good grow books were few and far between.

Yup, you've got a perfect start for a SOG. Hang in there. Good job on the clones.

London bud

London bud

I'm excited lol
I got 32 cuttings, I took two lots two weeks apart so half I took first are rooted, the second lot I'm waiting on. By May 1st they should all be rooted and growing, then I'll repot them all together but for now I'm trying to stop the rooted ones taking off to much, I wanna em all to start even.
Definetely going with the sog, think I can squeeze atleast 24 in how @Dirtbag suggested.
1556124986373 1409123618

London bud

London bud

Looking great. Sorry to see such a thrashing by the miss.

I've got waaay too many plants myself. I dropped most of my beans with the expectation of a field to put them in. Unfortunately, my partners got their power shut off. Most of us round here are on well water. So, no power, no water.

I'd say I understand what your going through but I dont have to Johnny Appleseed my babies guerrilla style. I can just stick em outside till I find a place. The rest I'll SOG like you.

I sure hope you guys get legal soon. I do remember what it was like when it was completely illegal here. I was a dealer back then. Only tried to do a couple grows but neither worked out. We didn't have the internet or lighting tech, and good grow books were few and far between.

Yup, you've got a perfect start for a SOG. Hang in there. Good job on the clones.
I like it illegal lol once they legalise weed theirs no chance for me to make money on it, not that I am now but I do hope to pull off a biggish grow in the next year or two and make some money

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I like it illegal lol once they legalise weed theirs no chance for me to make money on it, not that I am now but I do hope to pull off a biggish grow in the next year or two and make some money

I'm making money again. It's not what it was but it's low low risk and I can grow more. It all comes out in the wash. There's also weed everywhere, so easy to get good strains. There's benefits on either side.

You make the money fast when it's medical but not legal and you gott'a card.

London bud

London bud

To fit 30 plants in im gonna have to use 2litre pots, potentially 3litres if I can find the perfect size pots to pack together.
I've got a 120cm × 60cm grow area/cupboard with 250w led.
With a month to veg then 12/12 I'm expecting half oz a plant at least but if worse comes to worse and I can only get the two litre pots to fit in would it be to much to expect an oz per plant?

London bud

London bud

So I'm potting up these clones today, I'm using two litre soda bottles to finish these babies in.
I will rap the bottles in something to protect the roots from the light but I can't be bothered today, this potting is taking a while.
I'm using a root boosting compost, 60% peat, 40% fuck knows, I'm mixing perlite in with it which is making up 25% of the soil.. mums looking great again she's loving that's mix.

1556885545051 1671383809
1556885757015 483720363

1556885000626 1409123618
1556885260306 1671383809
London bud

London bud

Go for square pots, that way they butt up to each other and you can make the best use of your floor space, also makes watering easier as there is no gaps in between the pots.
I did think that, it would have allowed a bit more soil for each plant in the space but the bottles were quick and easy to get, and cheap. I bought 25 bottles of water for 15p each, where else can you get 25 2L pots for £3.75.
25 bottles of water straight down the sink, the joys of being a londoner

London bud

London bud

I'm waiting on a few to root, 9 to be precise. I've covered them with halfs of bottles and misted heavily, that seems to have really perked them up. I think I'll see roots in the next day or two.
I've got 19 potted up and 5 that need potted plus the 9 waiting to root, by the end of this week I should have them all potted up and squeezed in. I had hoped to have them all more even but I'll just have to wait and see how they go, maybe top the tallest ones... will see how it plays out.
20190509 004406
20190509 004328
20190509 004349

London bud

London bud

My plants are growing rapidly.
I've never finished a plant in such small pots, im in 2Litres. Has anyone here got experience finishing in 2 to 3 litre pots?
I'm curious how much each 2L bottle can yield, I'm expecting half oz for each plant. I want to know what other people are yielding in similar amounts of soil, if anyone here has experience finishing in 2L please share with me
20190511 143311
1557585547677 268221896

chemistry

chemistry

My plants are growing rapidly.
I've never finished a plant in such small pots, im in 2Litres. Has anyone here got experience finishing in 2 to 3 litre pots?
I'm curious how much each 2L bottle can yield, I'm expecting half oz for each plant. I want to know what other people are yielding in similar amounts of soil, if anyone here has experience finishing in 2L please share with meView attachment 869950View attachment 869951View attachment 869952View attachment 869953

I wouldn't top them in a 2ltr pot, that will just make them more bushy, what you need is compact plants, I would run them as single cola's and see how you go. Tall plants to the side or back, then fill the middle with your small plants, that way they get a chance to catch up, and if they don't, then just raise them up to keep a level canopy.

London bud

London bud

I wouldn't top them in a 2ltr pot, that will just make them more bushy, what you need is compact plants, I would run them as single cola's and see how you go. Tall plants to the side or back, then fill the middle with your small plants, that way they get a chance to catch up, and if they don't, then just raise them up to keep a level canopy.
I didn't wanna top, i was planning on all single colas but half are 12 inches tall now while a good few are still 3/4inches, its becoming very uneven. I thought if I topped the tallest ones it'll allow the the shorties to catch up and i dont want the tall ones getting taller much now, really there ready for me to 12/12 but others will need another 3 weeks. Theres a lot of side branches though and like you said I don't want to create a bush, not in this space.
I'm gonna raise up the shorties like you say and see how they go, i might just have to flower some smaller than i wanted

London bud

London bud

So yeah, did I mention that 33 out of 33 cuttings rooted... no clone dipping root boosting products used, scraped and straight in soil. 100% success rate.

Decided I'm going to move the slower growers out the cupboard and let them veg in the window for a couple of weeks, its bright enough here now and besides, it'll have to do. I'm gonna start 12/12 in a week ish, I'll put the others from the window back innthe cupboard when there a bit bigger so I'll have a bit of staggered harvest.

I havent watered the girls for over a week now but there looking good still, the bottles are really light now though there's obviously hardly any water left, I'm expecting them to begin to wilt anytime.
I'm gonna roll a fat one now, I got a bit of amnesia, then im gonna start trimming the underneaths before they get a long awaited water, so it's an evening with all my girls in front of the tv. 😍

1557868560741 2022247407
London bud

London bud

So up the top of the cupboard the veggers are all a nice even 12inches ish. Ive trimmed everything away down the bottom and got myself another load of cuttings.
When I started out with this sea of green idea I didn't realise it could be never ending. I've got about 20 plants I'm gonna 12/12 in a few days, in a couple of weeks I'll have more plants ready to join the flowering ones, then a few weeks later the cuttings I've taken today will be ready to join the flowering. With this method ill be able to create a constant flow, perhaps having a few plants to harvest every two weeks once I find my rhythm.
It's all guessing, assuming and hoping right now though, will have to see how it plays out, I've never jammed this many plants together before.
I'm gonna seperate a part of my cupboard so I've got two seperate light proof boxes next to each other, that way I'll have a seperate area for the cuttings to take off.
So the cuttings waiting to root I just give plain water, ph 6.4
ive been feeding the veggers very minimal amounts, they get flora gro in one water, next water I give them flora micro and every third watering they get a little mollases. I've got flora bloom ready and waiting aswel.
I've never used the whole flora series together, so far so good though,
Since I began using flora gro I have noticed the stems thickening up quicker than I've witnessed previously, or it could just be that I'm becoming a better gardener
1558301403602 304012250

Last edited:
Top Bottom