Simple Grow Cabinet

• Thread starter sturgis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sturgis

sturgis

....this was cheap to build, super easy to use and works great......dimensions are 7' tall, 5'wide and 2' deep..on small caster wheels so I can move it easily....The cabinet uses a 600w light fixture, in the upper section, separated from the lower section with glass ...air is pulled in thru a 8" hole located near floor in the side panel......air is pulled thru the cabinet, and then pulled up thru the light chamber....to cool the fixture.....use's a 800cfm in line fan installed on the top.......very easy to keep cabinet temps around 80*-82*....the shelf is slatted to allow air flow, and moves up and down using pegs in the side panels.....the shelf is adjusted as plants grow....not the lights......cost was under $250......been using it for 7yrs......mainly as a start and veg cabinet, but it can grow big plants all the way thru.....maybe someone can use the ideas for their grow set up.........grins.......Sturgis
Simple grow cabinet
Simple grow cabinet 2
Simple grow cabinet 3

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Very nice indeed. I love it. Looks very camouflage.

sturgis

sturgis

…...I added the tray this last grow...…...made of wood, ….joints calked, ….painted with several coats of epoxy paint, and has raised grate so they get good air flow and drain completely.........drains into 2gal bucket below...……..love this cabinet.

E

extremophile420

Amazing. Im planning to build the exact same cabinet but mine will be 6 feet wide, split at about 4 feet wide in order to make a veg and a flower room in one closet.
What type of wood did you use? Im planning on using plywood since im on a budget. Any remarks that i should consider in order to make the cabinet the best environment for growinng, like how to make it light and air tight, etc.. Im a beginner to growing leave alone building a closet, ill get it customized by a carpenter, but i need a complete plan so i dont do any mistakes and regret it later.
Happy growing

Dbear180

Dbear180

Amazing. Im planning to build the exact same cabinet but mine will be 6 feet wide, split at about 4 feet wide in order to make a veg and a flower room in one closet.
What type of wood did you use? Im planning on using plywood since im on a budget. Any remarks that i should consider in order to make the cabinet the best environment for growinng, like how to make it light and air tight, etc.. Im a beginner to growing leave alone building a closet, ill get it customized by a carpenter, but i need a complete plan so i dont do any mistakes and regret it later.
Happy growing

Trial & error is one of the biggest parts of growing. No matter how much knowledge you take in, it's all in application. What works perfect for me may not work for you at all.

Take a leap into the deep 😀 👍

Farmer P

Farmer P

Really cool bro. I'm a fellow cabinet builder/grower myself. I have a separate veg and bloom box and have been using them for a few years now. I did all the seems with a bead of liquid nails inside and out like caulk then used multiple coats of Killz paint inside. I can't see how it would ever break. Unlike those flimsy tents lol. (kidding, tents are cool too)

20191231 1746481
sturgis

sturgis

Happy growing

…….thank you.....the frame is simple 2x4's... with 1/2 plywood covering...….the doors are cheap luan interior doors cut to size......caulked joints, and tight fit helps with light & air leaks....one of the best things about this cabinet is the light is behind glass....and so the inside stays cool...adjusting the shelf is quick and easy.....much easier, than adjusting the light..... with cords, duct etc. attached to it...…...for around $250......hard to beat.

sturgis

sturgis

Trial & error is one of the biggest parts of growing. No matter how much knowledge you take in, it's all in application. What works perfect for me may not work for you at all.

Take a leap into the deep 😀 👍

…………..excellent growing advice...…….wish more would understand that!...……..

Latest posts

Top Bottom