Simplest Cloning Procedure.

• Thread starter Jbellsmoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jbellsmoke

Jbellsmoke

Tried couple times now cloning with no prevail. Been doing it in water with a little bubbler and haven't established roots. Stem I cut just keeps rotting. Can someone run me through there procedure that they find the easiest/cheapest.

Shellaz

Shellaz

get some aloe Vera gel dip the stem of the clone in the gel then plant :)

Monster762

Monster762

Tried couple times now cloning with no prevail. Been doing it in water with a little bubbler and haven't established roots. Stem I cut just keeps rotting. Can someone run me through there procedure that they find the easiest/cheapest.
I cut 45 degree angle immediately dip in water. Then I lightly shave outside of stem near the cut. Dip in root gel or powder put in a jiffy pick or root root or even soil. Water once then I just mist water until it’s transplant time. So far probably 90-95% success. Even cloned 7 weeks in flower. That took a month to start vegging though. Should root good in around a week to 2 max. That’s the only way I’ve really tried. People keep trying to sell me a clone machine but this way works.

123grow

I normally used the EZ Cloner, which i thought was the best but recently i tried the little cubes and the dome and had good success. I dipped my cuttings in Clonex rooting gel. I haven't done it the way you are but your water is probably getting slimy so the cuttings rot? It's important that everything is clean too so when you do get roots the clones are healthy all the way to the end. Good luck ~Julie

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

we'll with the bubble cloner you don't submerge the stem,you just have the very tip just brushing the surface barely.the spray off the bubbles is enough to keep em moidt and get em goin with roots.also keep the water cool.also its easier to sit the snips right using neoprene clone collar picks.all u need is clonex gel.
or get some jiffy cubes and a propagator.expand the jiffys with water ph around 6.4\5 then squeeze most of the water out enough to keep em moist but not dripping wet.take your cuts dip em in rootin powder or gel ,stick em in the prop under a cfl type light or led.dont use hps light for rooting clones.leave em for exactly one week in the prop-don't even open it for a week then after 7 days prop the lid open half an inch at one end then every few days open a little more.by week two u should have roots if not before.its a piece o piss.just don't use too wet jiffys as it prolonges rootin time

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
The easiest way to clone is called water cloning. Get a solo cup. Fill it with 3/4 of water. Then take your cutting and put it in that. Wait a couple days and switch out the water. You’ll have roots in 5-7 days. I’ve done it for years. It works.

KneeDeep34

KneeDeep34

After cutting just scrape the flesh off the base of the stem, soak in water for a few secs then dip in gel or powder. Insert into a small rockwool cube. Keep humidity higher than normal and your good. This method will work in around 7 days... Also as a side tip, only leave one or two small leafs on the cut. If the cut has bigger leafs then trim some off... If the cut has less to feed as far a foliage goes, it will root faster since there isnt a lot of energy needed to supply the leafs with nutrition.

Homesteader

Homesteader

I believe the easiest, cheapest and most reliable method I have found is using moist play sand in a clear Tupperware. I have no need for my EZ cloner now after finding this method. 100% success without using hormones, changing water or rotten stems on the collar.

Last edited:
KneeDeep34

KneeDeep34

I believe the easiest, cheapest and most reliable method I have found is using moist play sand in a clear Tupperware. I have no need for my EZ cloner now after finding this method. 100% success without using hormones, changing water or rotten stems on the collar.
This sounds cool but do the roots get damaged at all when remove the sand? What's the recovery time if any?

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Hmm sand. That’s interesting. Washes off the roots easily. Might have to give it a try. Any tips?

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I have always had great success using root tone or a similar rooting compound, then put in a peat pot or the medium of your choice. Keep things humid. Its not at all difficult and often, simple is easiest and most successful until you get some more miles under your belt. Putting in a small vial/glass of water works great too...not glamorous, but it works just about as well. The larger the cutting, the better chances you will have. I usually just stick a unrooted branch about 4 inches into the soil and it will grow roots within a week or two as long as the cut branch you are rooting is fairly large. Small cuttings take a more delicate approach

Homesteader

Homesteader

I haven't had any trouble taking the roots out of the sand, but I could see it happening. I just scoop them out with my finger fairly easily once roots start to develop, but you could plant them individually in peat pots if it is a problem, then transfer the peat pot filled with sand to the soil.

Homesteader

Homesteader

The sand prevents bacteria and biology from consuming your cutting which in my experience was the cause of many cloning failures of my past. I use this method with my dahlias and hardwood cuttings as well. The sand stays moist the whole time if covered.

Jbellsmoke

Jbellsmoke

I have some sand laying around somewhere, I'm going to give this a try. Thanks bro.

Top Bottom