Single finger fan leaves

• Thread starter Wizzardking
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

Wizzardking

I've got some MK ultra pretty sure stressed, with single finger fan leaves, just wondering if I should cut the single fingers off or just leave them? I got them as clones replanted them in pots put them outside and probably watered them to much, and went through a heat wave. Thanks in advance.
Single finger fan leaves

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Why cut them off? They won't hurt anything and still provide energy for your plant to grow big and strong. This happens sometimes when the photoperiods are changed and could be a sign of revegging or starting to flower. With mixed photoperiods, you can usually expect some strange growth until it gets itself sorted out. At least this is my guess.

Old Toby

Old Toby

That's what I thought when I studied the photo. The plant you got your clones from had been in the flowering cycle for about 11 to 12 days, maybe two full weeks. Your single leaves are the ones that come from those very first pre-fowers we strain to see in some varieties that show one tiny flower at the node before your plant shows the more defiant sexual orientation.
Now, when you take a cutting at this stage you gain several advantages. First thing is that you definantly know the plants sex. Secondly your plant your will have MANY more branches because the first pre-flowers are going to make the first branches and you will notice that the top of your cutting may start throwing out more branches because each node compressed in the tops of your new cutting has to COMPLETELY return to the vedge stage before you see new growth, or what we actually call Normal growth patterns.
As far as stressing goes, if it went through the weather and watering you described, and still looks as green and healthy as it looks to me, then I say you have a winning clone to work with.
Due to this technique, rooting and the "return to normal growth" stage takes a little while longer, but you end up with a stronger plant in the end.
I say it is fine, and keep doing what your doing. As a matter of fact, if you like this strain, and have the patience to leave it in the veg stage, it will eventually turn into a cloning machine as it will have more tops than normal.
This technique is something I'm actually doing now. And I'm keeping photos as I select and cut the strains I like. Also if you want to see something REALLY wierd, take a cutting at the end of the third week of flower.
Also, any plant you may want to re- veg will do the same thing out of the tops of small buds left on the plant. It is an interesting process to watch because you actually see a new plant grow out of what would have been a seed pod.
Don't get discouraged, you you will have a stronger plant as your new branches develop. Good luck,

Old Toby "The finest weed in the South farthing."

W

Wizzardking

Thanks guys I appreciate the support, looking forward to the end result.

Top Bottom