Single leaves

• Thread starter Relaxed420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Relaxed420

Help me out here, I'm trying to understand why this happens. From what I have seen and experienced, it can be genetic (I seem to see it on OG's and Skunk's more often than other strains) but mostly it seems to be from taking cuts from flowering plants or from a plant that is revegin. I've grown strains that came to me like this and they seem to either grow out of it or be fine. However, recently I had someone make a comment that single leaves are a sign of a hermie trait or coming from an unhealthy plant, I haven't ever had these problems only the need to veg the plant for a longer period of time and I figure the guy is full of it and doesn't really know what he's talking about, BUT, I don't know it all and am not a horticulturalist, so, before I dismiss him I wanted to find out a bit more about the subject.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

J

jacobgriis02

I have never read or heard or seen any evidence that single bladedness leads to hermies, your right it usually comes from clones being revegged and will sort itself out with enough time.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

+3

Exactly, Jacob, the plant is momentarily confused as it switches back from flowering to veg mode. This does stress the plant, but does not usually lead to hermie tendencies. In my experience, many strains that are forced to re-veg never quite get the yield of the original, but I know All-Star OG usually takes his clones after the plants are a week or so into bloom. I wouldn't argue with him; his grows are stellar. :) Give that girl a little time and she'll come back to looking normal. I wouldn't throw her back into to bloom until she looks like a normal cannabis plant. Peace

Dr. Detroit

Dr. Detroit

The single-bladed leaf is indicative of photoperiod stress. Maybe a light leak during the dark cycle, or poorly placed lighting?

Nothing to do with hermaphroditism even remotely.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Re-veg situation, Dr. Then as the plant's hormones get their bearings, you'll see single-lobe increase to triple, then the normal leaves should emerge is vegetative growth progresses. I see it happen with OD plants that were flowering then put outside, no light leaks or other issues normally found in indoor situations.

K

KOZMOZ

This has recently happened to me when cutting off a flowering plant.it took me about 3 weeks after rooting to go back to normal.obvious stress.

champion

champion

not sure about this one but do some plants have less leaf points near the top of the plant so if you take them from here then your new plants should grow out like this?????????

N

Namnook

i have 1, however, it is much bigger than the ones with multiple leafs, but if u take the single one's shape and the others with multiple leaves off of 1 stem and take 1 leaf the fit exactly to one anothers profile. i was stumped when i found this so i rubbed the leaf between thumb and finger to find i oily with a very pungent sweet smell like none i've ever smelled, almost berry like.

T

Themisskazz

Help me out here, I'm trying to understand why this happens. From what I have seen and experienced, it can be genetic (I seem to see it on OG's and Skunk's more often than other strains) but mostly it seems to be from taking cuts from flowering plants or from a plant that is revegin. I've grown strains that came to me like this and they seem to either grow out of it or be fine. However, recently I had someone make a comment that single leaves are a sign of a hermie trait or coming from an unhealthy plant, I haven't ever had these problems only the need to veg the plant for a longer period of time and I figure the guy is full of it and doesn't really know what he's talking about, BUT, I don't know it all and am not a horticulturalist, so, before I dismiss him I wanted to find out a bit more about the subject.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Yeah I've got em they went from out door clones start of winter didn't have the lights for em to 24 hours full light to get em to veg, it's the maddest stain not sure what it is but definitely one of the more potent stains

IMG20190520123729
B

Buttholesfr

The single-bladed leaf is indicative of photoperiod stress. Maybe a light leak during the dark cycle, or poorly placed lighting?

Nothing to do with hermaphroditism even remotely.
Exactly,but sometimes from taking cuts in flower I’ve got the single blades but usually it’s from the light being too far away or too weak like you mentioned

prtcleman

prtcleman

1156EBB0 EB20 4C71 A7FA 8E20F089EB33
86B7688E 02ED 4BC1 9EF8 6EB84E500CA0
7C829B19 21EE 472A 8544 6F398FC22383
1156EBB0 EB20 4C71 A7FA 8E20F089EB33
I’ve got a situation like this as well. Never seen this before. Tons of pods..Snd of course the single leaves Any comments would be appreciated. It’s a pineapple kush. Lovely smell though

prtcleman

prtcleman

Sure is a photoperiod, my plant had a funny one leave, for a while it maintained, started growing 3 leaves then whamo, 5 leaves now 7. Wahooo. She’s hot to trot.

mancorn

mancorn

Top Bottom