Six signs of a SUPER HEALTHY marijuana plant:

• Thread starter Satica
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Monster762

Monster762

What does this mean? Plant is on 8th day flower cycle. 11 blades but the way they are stacked is weird. this is a smaller leaf and all are like this.

on just one of my plants. green crack I'm going to look at bigger leaves for a 13 has anyone seen stacking all uniform like this? I've seen 9-11 blades but never the over under stacking

and it is a female. Showing now. Gc feminized seed from crop kings.
IMG 0455

P

Pimples

What does this mean? Plant is on 8th day flower cycle. 11 blades but the way they are stacked is weird. this is a smaller leaf and all are like this.

on just one of my plants. green crack I'm going to look at bigger leaves for a 13 has anyone seen stacking all uniform like this? I've seen 9-11 blades but never the over under stacking

and it is a female. Showing now. Gc feminized seed from crop kings. View attachment 724946
Looks fine to me. Again the signs of my plants riding that perfect wave and not crashing are things like transpiration and shes drinking daily or close to it. Overall leaf/petiole health is another indicator. Not count of blades. That doesnt mean much. Some plant strains have natural anthocyanin pigments but ususally not. If that stem or petiole is blood purple...leaves are not that vibrant healthy green...overall plant is not vigorous as she should be..shes taking forever to dry down at the root level...new growth is slow as fuck...leaves look sad and droopy ( sometimes they do this right after a watering so look for other signs) ...these are almost always indicators that my plants arent happy. Take a medium core sample for pH/EC 3extraction test. Pop her out the pot if you can to check the roots (more brown roots than white vibrant roots can mean something) check for pests or disease on the leaves as well. Especially the underside of the leaf sets. Make a checklist if you can. I spend so much time with my crops that I will know immediately if there is a problem and she is not riding that wave at full bore and shit is about to crash. I try to keep them at peak metabolism at all times. Indoors..it such a fast turnaround and quick metabolism/growth plants that anything thats in there way I try and fix it quickly as possible. I really push my plants. Squeezing everything out that her genetic profile is capable of. It translates to maximum yield and quality in the shortest time possible. More...better...faster. Indoors...thats what we as growers are trying to achieve. Anything less is on you as mother nature/god. With controlled rooms its all about Co2/air ...perfect lighting/temps/humidity and a balanced feed/fertilizer program. Any speed bumps and my strains let me know it very quickly.

Last edited:
Monster762

Monster762

Looks fine to me. Again the signs of my plants riding that perfect wave and not crashing are things like transpiration and shes drinking daily or close to it. Overall leaf/petiole health is another indicator. Not count of blades. That doesnt mean much. Some plant strains have natural anthocyanin pigments but ususally not. If that stem or petiole is blood purple...leaves are not that vibrant healthy green...overall plant is not vigorous as she should be..shes taking forever to dry down at the root level...new growth is slow as fuck...leaves look sad and droopy ( sometimes they do this right after a watering so look for other signs) ...these are almost always indicators that my plants arent happy. Take a medium core sample for pH/EC 3extraction test. Pop her out the pot if you can to check the roots (more brown roots than white vibrant roots can mean something) check for pests or disease on the leaves as well. Especially the underside of the leaf sets. Make a checklist if you can. I spend so much time with my crops that I will know immediately if there is a problem and she is not riding that wave at full bore and shit is about to crash. I try to keep them at peak metabolism at all times. Indoors..it such a fast turnaround and quick metabolism/growth plants that anything thats in there way I try and fix it quickly as possible. I really push my plants. Squeezing everything out that her genetic profile is capable of. It translates to maximum yield and quality in the shortest time possible. More...better...faster. Indoors...thats what we as growers are trying to achieve. Anything less is on you as mother nature/god. With controlled rooms its all about Co2/air ...perfect lighting/temps/humidity and a balanced feed/fertilizer program. Any speed bumps and my strains let me know it very quickly.
The plants do eat daily. Sometimes I use clean water instead of loading with nutes but they dry up pretty quick I checked and most are 11 blades on that plant. The other gcs aren't. This has slightly fatter leaves too. But was bought in a pack of gc seeds.

Mouser

Mouser

Ok just starting growing weed indoors this year, and by mistake i may have done an experiment in what effect soil and PH have on seedlings...
We got seeds from a relative who grew a few different strains, and we chose a low THC high CBD strain of Indica.
The first 4 seeds produced 2 males and 2 females, and when i researched more online i realized it is not as easy as buying potting soil , adding some chem or fish fertilizer and adding water. These first 4 seedlings produced 3 and 5 point leaves and were very slow growing compared to pics i looked at online at the same time interval.
Once they showed their sex i chopped down the males , and the females continued in veg for about 2 months before the first real buds appeared, so i cut back lighting to 12/12 to promote flowering. The one female was a few weeks ahead of the 2nd one which took more time to develop for some reason, i thought perhaps a poor seed.
Finally i decided i should buy a PH and nutrient testing kit.
Was a very good move apparently , as my soil was high PH and the nutrients were high in nitrogen , but P and K were almost non existent.
I had started fertilizing with smelly fish fertilizer , which was recommended at the store by a clerk who grew pot in her backyard.
I wouldnt use it again.
I fixed the PH levels, and added a better fertilizer and started to go more organic, making coffee ground tea, and banana peels tea, ( also a powder of dried chopped up banana peels.)
From that same batch of seeds i decided to try again , thinking this plant will be ready for flowering by the time the other 2 were done.
Two seedlings came up , i dont know as yet the sex as it has only been 3 weeks... but i transplanted after 2 weeks into a 5 gallon air bag.....and low and behold with the proper PH and no fertilizer other than the banana chips i laid in the bed just under the rootball of the transplant, these plants grew first the 2 round leaves, then two single leaves, and then went straight to 5 point leafs before the transplant (They skipped the 3point fan leaf).... Oh forgot to mention mixing mychorrizae into the potting soil about half and half.
NOW each has one set of 5 point , two sets of 7 point leaves and the next is a 9 point. This after 3 weeks !!
On the two females that are now in flower , i saw a handful of 7 point leaves and never a 9 point. The first 3 weeks of growth was considerably slower in the first females after the transplant ( which i did wrong , after reading more online) it took a few more weeks for a set of 7 point leaves to come .
So in retrospect i have come to believe that soil nutrition and PH value have a big impact on how the plants grow and how many points the leaves have.
Perhaps some of the naysyers on here should try the same experiment.

Last edited:
London bud

London bud

I'm with CR on this 1.... If a leaf blade count was an indication of health the plant should keep growing more "Fingers" the older it got. I think the best indication of health in a plant is leaf color and angle. The genetics of a plant are. Going to dictate the number of blades on a leaf. When I get a chance I will post some pic's.
Leaf blades per leaf are genetic and strain dependent. I've had plants produce 13finger leafs at max, I've had some plants that never produced more than 9finger leafs. But ideally a healthy weed leaf has an odd number of fingers per leaf. This is quite bullshit

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Leaf blades per leaf are genetic and strain dependent. I've had plants produce 13finger leafs at max, I've had some plants that never produced more than 9finger leafs. But ideally a healthy weed leaf has an odd number of fingers per leaf. This is quite bullshit

Yeah I'd agree. Most of the strains I've ran in the last couple years max out at 7 or 9 blades, and my plants are usually pretty healthy.

Freaky75

Freaky75

Six signs of a healthy Young marijuana plant:

I remember the first time I planted marijuana, my best indicator of a healthy plant was its vertical growth .
Even I was boasting to my friend that my Sensi Star is growing more than 2 inches a day .
Now, I do not pay too much attention to vertical growth, actually vertical growth is not even in my list of observations.

I think there are some signs that their presence could show that everything is OK.
I want to share them with you guys,Its just my observation and experience and I have no intention to say they are %100 correct.I will be more than happy to know your Idea about it.
Here are the signs:

A-When every new fan leaf has more finger(Blade) than previous one.Normally , in a healthy marijuana plant,the number of fingers is as follow:
1st fan leaf has 3 fingers(photo 1)
2nd fan leaf 5 fingers,photo 2 and 3
3rd fan leaf 7 fingers(6 is acceptable) photo 4
4th fan leaf 9 fingers(8 is acceptable)photo 5
5th fan leaf 11 fingers(9 and ten is acceptable)
After the fifth internodes all fan leaves should have 9 to 11 fingers but 12 blade is a possibility(photo 6)
Ps: some strains genetically, never show more than 7 fingers , even in the best grow situations. I
B-When every fan leaf has its side branch even the first fan leaf and the side branches don’t stop growing at anytime during veg cycle(photo 7, part B)

c-The stem of a healthy plant has normally some scaling on it due to fast growth of the body compare to limited ability of skin stretch(photo 7 ,part D)

D-When the first small pseudo leaf (photo 1 part 1) keeps its green color and does not turn yellow

E- when the plant shows its preflower on time( some strains have natural tendency not to show their preflower on time) . In every strain the presence of the preflower is a good sign but its absence does not mean any problem.

F- When side branches fan leaves has 7 finger leaf(photo 5).

AGAIN I SHOULD SAY ABSENCE OF ANY OR SOME OREVEN ALLOF THESE SIGNS DOES NOT MEAN ANY SERIOUS PROBLEM BUT THEIR PRESENCE IS A GOOD INDICATION OF A SUPER HEALTHY PLANT.

What do you think?

Please leave your comment.It will be most appreciated.
Peace and Hope all your plants are SUPER HEALTHY.
Satica
Do hope your right about it super healthy cos if it is then ave got a fantastic pic to show everyone in the morning. Happy growing

Freaky75

Freaky75

of all the plants ive started ive never gotten 3 blades right off the bat,it usually starts with the rounded baby leaves then goes 1,3,5 and then 7.one plant stuck with the 5 blades for a good 3 months though.nice blueberry-ish stinking thing
I've a nice pic for tomorrow . Can't wait to show in the morning folks . I've an even smaller version of plant 1 photo 1

Freaky75

Freaky75

Here folks is the photo that I promised . Hope you all lyk it " signs of super healthy plants . Happy growing ..oh leaves are 1,2,3 nodes so far

Freaky75

Freaky75

My super healthy plant 😛 . You'll notice that it has been topped. Accidentally had a fan to close and knocked one leaf of so now there's goingto be 3 main colas .

DedeCampos

DedeCampos

I'm happy to say that my plants meet all of these signs.I'm growing ACE's Golden Tiger,Congo and Killer A5 Haze at the moment and what surprised me most is that they threw out 7 finger leaves right after first true leaves with 3 fingers.They basically skipped the 5 finger part.They now have 11 fingers at 6th node,also the first ever leaves with single blade have their side branches,they are very tall and strong that they have nodes on them.All side branch fan leaves have 7 blades.

growsince79

growsince79

I would like to say that most of what you are pointing out doesn't have that much to do with only the health of the plant. There are many other factors besides the health of a plant. Take two very healthy people for example. One has a predisposition for full hair, the other is going bald by high school. Can you really look at the two people and tell me which one is in better health? Hell no! Why is it we always here of the super healthy triathlete who dropped dead of a heart attack? He looked so healthy on the outside.

Nowhere in your list did you mention one of the most important signs of plant health......the stem color. If the stems are green, the plant is up taking nutrients. When the stems start to get discolorations like purple or red striping, the plant is not absorbing the necessary nutrients and therefor is not healthy.

The number of blades on a leaf has nothing to do with health. Sativas have narrow blades, allowing more blades per leaf. Indicas have fat overlapping leaves, usually around 9. Some of my most vigorous indica cuts only have 7 blades. Most plants we grow these days are a mix of both indica and sativa, meaning any number of blades can show up on a leaf, in varying lengths and widths.

Not all plants grow fast just because they're healthy. I have a few very slow veging crosses that like to take their time in veg, but turn into monsters in the bud room. Plants grow at different speeds, depending on the grow medium, light source, available co2, humidity, and nutrients. If you grow organic, your plants will grow slower than DWC with mad chemicals. Hydro and CO2 cause super fast growth.....that doesn't mean the organic plants are any less healthy.

Side branching fans will only have 7 blades if the plant is aloud to grow to a certain size. This can be said about most mj plants. It's a lighting thing. If you grow a plant under a 40watt t8, your fans may only have 5 blades and your buds will be small and airy. Under a 1000w MH, the same plant may have 9 blades and yield 5 times as much, simply because there is more light. Less light does not mean less healthy....it means less photosynthesis leading to less growth. A plant grows in direct relation to its environment.
Agree 100%

SamJan

SamJan

The one thing I really pay close attention too as a grower..is leaf tip Burn.If I'm doing everything the best I can, I should not see this! It's like a personal thing. like a competition w/myself..about two crops ago, I think I did the best ever.I've kept a fairly accurate Logbook that only I understand..haha.This has really helped ''Tweak'' my system..I know where,when, and how things might have gone wrong.The things that were said about all the various leaf blades is true, and that has alot to do with the strain and Light schedules.I had a strain about 5 yrs ago that would kick out 1 to 3bladed leafs after the cuttings were getting established..once in veg 5-7 blades..then in flowering back to 1-3blades again.The plant had no other issues..it was just goofy to look at..Another thing that I've found has helped me ALOT is maintaining a constant Humididty of about 50% all through veg and about 80% of the way through flowering..the last couple weeks I'll let it drop.I live in a very dry area and keeping Humidity ''Up'' is always an Issue.
80% humidity in flowering stage ? Isn’t it way too much ? Thought best would be between 40-60% in mid flower and lower at late flower ?

Top Bottom