Six signs of a SUPER HEALTHY marijuana plant:

• Thread starter Satica
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Satica

Six signs of a healthy Young marijuana plant:

I remember the first time I planted marijuana, my best indicator of a healthy plant was its vertical growth .
Even I was boasting to my friend that my Sensi Star is growing more than 2 inches a day .
Now, I do not pay too much attention to vertical growth, actually vertical growth is not even in my list of observations.

I think there are some signs that their presence could show that everything is OK.
I want to share them with you guys,Its just my observation and experience and I have no intention to say they are %100 correct.I will be more than happy to know your Idea about it.
Here are the signs:

A-When every new fan leaf has more finger(Blade) than previous one.Normally , in a healthy marijuana plant,the number of fingers is as follow:
1st fan leaf has 3 fingers(photo 1)
2nd fan leaf 5 fingers,photo 2 and 3
3rd fan leaf 7 fingers(6 is acceptable) photo 4
4th fan leaf 9 fingers(8 is acceptable)photo 5
5th fan leaf 11 fingers(9 and ten is acceptable)
After the fifth internodes all fan leaves should have 9 to 11 fingers but 12 blade is a possibility(photo 6)
Ps: some strains genetically, never show more than 7 fingers , even in the best grow situations. I
B-When every fan leaf has its side branch even the first fan leaf and the side branches don’t stop growing at anytime during veg cycle(photo 7, part B)

c-The stem of a healthy plant has normally some scaling on it due to fast growth of the body compare to limited ability of skin stretch(photo 7 ,part D)

D-When the first small pseudo leaf (photo 1 part 1) keeps its green color and does not turn yellow

E- when the plant shows its preflower on time( some strains have natural tendency not to show their preflower on time) . In every strain the presence of the preflower is a good sign but its absence does not mean any problem.

F- When side branches fan leaves has 7 finger leaf(photo 5).

AGAIN I SHOULD SAY ABSENCE OF ANY OR SOME OREVEN ALLOF THESE SIGNS DOES NOT MEAN ANY SERIOUS PROBLEM BUT THEIR PRESENCE IS A GOOD INDICATION OF A SUPER HEALTHY PLANT.

What do you think?

Please leave your comment.It will be most appreciated.
Peace and Hope all your plants are SUPER HEALTHY.
Satica

Photo 1
Photo 2
Photo 3
Photo 4
Photo 5
Photo 6
Photo 7
B

Beeronymous

of all the plants ive started ive never gotten 3 blades right off the bat,it usually starts with the rounded baby leaves then goes 1,3,5 and then 7.one plant stuck with the 5 blades for a good 3 months though.nice blueberry-ish stinking thing

K

Kpezzy

1 2 3 4 5........6 7 8 9 10........11 12
in my best sesame street singing voice :anim_19:

S

Satica

of all the plants ive started ive never gotten 3 blades right off the bat,it usually starts with the rounded baby leaves then goes 1,3,5 and then 7.one plant stuck with the 5 blades for a good 3 months though.nice blueberry-ish stinking thing

I believe what i said is exactly What You say.When i say first fan leaf I mean the first REAL fan leaf that comes after the baby leaf and first one peace leaf.

J

Josey Wales

I think a good sign of health is when the fan leaves are angled up at roughly a 40-45 degree angle from perpindicular to the main stem. They just look happy like they are reaching for the light. That along with a nice lush green to light green color, depending on strain, as long as there is no yellowing or spotting too early in the life cycle. It's pretty simple, happy plants just look, well, happy.

S

Satica

I think a good sign of health is when the fan leaves are angled up at roughly a 40-45 degree angle from perpindicular to the main stem. They just look happy like they are reaching for the light. That along with a nice lush green to light green color, depending on strain, as long as there is no yellowing or spotting too early in the life cycle. It's pretty simple, happy plants just look, well, happy.

I am happy to put this sign you mentioned as another healthy sign to the list .actually it is true that happy plants look happy.

S

Skunkenstein

The one thing I really pay close attention too as a grower..is leaf tip Burn.If I'm doing everything the best I can, I should not see this! It's like a personal thing. like a competition w/myself..about two crops ago, I think I did the best ever.I've kept a fairly accurate Logbook that only I understand..haha.This has really helped ''Tweak'' my system..I know where,when, and how things might have gone wrong.The things that were said about all the various leaf blades is true, and that has alot to do with the strain and Light schedules.I had a strain about 5 yrs ago that would kick out 1 to 3bladed leafs after the cuttings were getting established..once in veg 5-7 blades..then in flowering back to 1-3blades again.The plant had no other issues..it was just goofy to look at..Another thing that I've found has helped me ALOT is maintaining a constant Humididty of about 50% all through veg and about 80% of the way through flowering..the last couple weeks I'll let it drop.I live in a very dry area and keeping Humidity ''Up'' is always an Issue.

S

Satica

The one thing I really pay close attention too as a grower..is leaf tip Burn.If I'm doing everything the best I can, I should not see this! It's like a personal thing. like a competition w/myself..about two crops ago, I think I did the best ever.I've kept a fairly accurate Logbook that only I understand..haha.This has really helped ''Tweak'' my system..I know where,when, and how things might have gone wrong.The things that were said about all the various leaf blades is true, and that has alot to do with the strain and Light schedules.I had a strain about 5 yrs ago that would kick out 1 to 3bladed leafs after the cuttings were getting established..once in veg 5-7 blades..then in flowering back to 1-3blades again.The plant had no other issues..it was just goofy to look at..Another thing that I've found has helped me ALOT is maintaining a constant Humididty of about 50% all through veg and about 80% of the way through flowering..the last couple weeks I'll let it drop.I live in a very dry area and keeping Humidity ''Up'' is always an Issue.

So,I am not alone on checking the smallest tip burns and responding to it.

Humiduty around 80% in mid flowering? is it what you mean or I am a little confused .

H

hashish

one of my babys has 3 petals leaves and 3 fingers coming up first. Is that a sign of anything?

H

hippflippin

This is the worst post ever!!!! You can not tell if a plant is by the leaves fingers, that really tells you absolutely. nothing. my blueberry is 5 ft tall and is about 3 wide, she is starting her 3rd level of branches are coming in, (her branches branches branchs) and she only has 5 fingers on all her leaves. If the Plant is green and growing at a steady rate it is healthy. if unhealthy it will have noticablethinngsout of the norm like stunded growth, nutrtrient deficiencies which is the prob 90% of the time caused by to little or to much nutes, a few examples : yellowing of the leaves, purple stripe on stock, and browning of the leafes. a white powery substance covering leaves.and branches this is what we likerto call mildew, holes in leaves from bug, and droopy leaves which is caused by too much or not enough water you want to the leaves to be nice and perky, like they're stetching to the light. yes, the leaves are a big factor in telling the plants healthyness but nnot the amount of fingers
Great post. Thanks for taking some time to lay out the love"
There was no love being layed here, only ignorance, if your going to teach, give tips,or hints on growing at least know what ur talking about, if u don't, do some research, or your advicescould completely ruin some ones grow. no your gow! Don't be a dip shit.
0323131443a
0323131443a
0323131443a

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

i was about to say the same that was RETARDED it has nothing to do with "health" of the plant

vaporedout

vaporedout

i always wondered about the scaling on the stalk. i occasionally see it and it looks like i could peel it off like after a sunburn. guess thats a good thing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom