Size & Colour Of Seeds

• Thread starter Vertabreaker666
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

Vertabreaker666

Is it true that the bigger and darker coloured cannabis seeds germinate with better success and produce health
-ier plants? The reason Iam asking is that whenever I aquire some seeds.......even from reputable seed banks, I get seeds ranging from small & greenish to large and brown.
Any info would be great!

Vertabreaker666

J

jdubz206

i don't think that's 100% true...different strains produce different types of seeds...i've popped seeds that were pale, some that would crack if you pinched em, greenish seeds, and i've got some super dank from those seeds...i've also gotten super dank from the standard dark or tiger striped seeds...as far as i can tell, it's a strain thing.

K

Krypto1

well my friend just got some aliendog seeds and he gave me 5 to pop and they were small and whitish...and they popped within 12 hours 100% germ rate and are really healthy seedlings. so i think thats false in my opinion..and btw..have you noticed schwag weed seeds are huge rock hard and colorful.

J

jdubz206

yep Krypto....all of the aliendog seeds were like that...i have definitely noticed the brickweed always had huge striped seeds....like i said, i think genetics has a lot to do with it :smiley_joint: anyone know for sure if it's the genetics?

S

StonedOwl

well of course, it can only be genetic or environmental factors. Seeds are like any population of living organisms, they can be many sizes, colors and genders, and can have any combo of potency, looks, and health. Swag can have great genetics (if your lucky) and seeds from banks can be crap. In a world of infinite possibility, you can never know what you will get.

S

Shi-ska-bong

My Pineappletrainwreck x Chemdog DD seeds were completely pale and a couple were midgets but in 2 days 6 out of 8 have popped where as my Northern Lights seeds were all decent sized and dark but only one has popped so far. I don't think that it matters in the least. It may be strain specific, it may not be, only time can tell.

P.S. also between the time I put the PT x CDDD seeds in my wet paper towel and when I checked on them that night they had darkened substantailly and by the next morning were indistinguishable from the NL seeds but still popped just fine :damnhippie:

Latest posts

Top Bottom