Skinny stems?

• Thread starter Custom99
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Custom99

Custom99

The girls are 3 weeks old today. I think the leaves are looking great but i am questioning the main stems. This Candy Kush in the pics has a span of 8 inches and its 5.5 tall. Is it normal for the stem to be so skinny? My 2 other plants have the thin stem but the plants are staying more compact (probably because of the strains). I started with a tiny bit of nutes yesterday. I have had a fan on them since day one. They all have a slight bit of movement from the air so i am quessing the stems are healthy.

Skinny stems
Skinny stems 2
Chris Mullen

Chris Mullen

Get some direct wind on them for a couple days, be careful not to wind burn like i have before 😂.

Ps. They look healthy

Custom99

Custom99

This is how much air I have bowing on them. I read up on alot here on the forums but being a first time grower my mind is always going. I just picture a thicker stem when I look at the how the tops are growing. My whole setup has been put together with info from this site.

4plant

4plant

They’ll thicken up on their own, look healthy though. The top growth is out pacing the stem. Might start using silica and a short skewer to help?

F

Fauxpas

The girls are 3 weeks old today. I think the leaves are looking great but i am questioning the main stems. This Candy Kush in the pics has a span of 8 inches and its 5.5 tall. Is it normal for the stem to be so skinny? My 2 other plants have the thin stem but the plants are staying more compact (probably because of the strains). I started with a tiny bit of nutes yesterday. I have had a fan on them since day one. They all have a slight bit of movement from the air so i am quessing the stems are healthy.

Long shot getting a reply here as I can see the post is from 5 years ago haha but worth a try - How did you end up going with this grow? Was there any issues later on with the stem/yield ect? I currently am doing my first indoor grow and Im having similar concerns with my Jungle Lemons strain.

First two photos from week 1 and following two photos from week 2. I have similar airflow on them 1 small oscillating fan on a timer and great air extraction / intake. Also in a grow bag hand watering.

Cheers.

IMG 20240309 221731
IMG 20240309 221757
IMG 20240316 174115 HDR1
IMG 20240316 174139 HDR1

Latest posts

Top Bottom