Skittles cloning?

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Its the surrounding environment that decides what works and doesnt work for all of us.

And so many little variables from grow to grow. But honestly as long as I'm in a room that isnt too hot or cold, I make the micro-climate inside the dome using the heat mat and temp controller. Every clone I've cut for almost 20 years has rooted in 80%+ humidity and 73-75F, aired out once daily.

In greenhouses they make propagating domes out of 4x8' trays covered in poly. As long as it's not excessively hot or cold the surrounding environment is somewhat irrelevant if you have full control over the micro climate in the dome.

dire wolf

dire wolf

I must have missed something? lol Last I checked someone mentioned a method of cloning in coco with no dome. That's another way of doing it... I'm not going to say it doesnt work because it will, again only if the coco is kept fully saturated daily. I just think inside a dome with reduced transportation is a safer bet. I never mist my cuttings and dont recommend it either, dome or no dome. I've taken tens of thousands of cuttings and always had close to 100% success following a few basic rules. In rapid rooters I get roots in 7 days give or take.

But we should really be open to having an adult discussion about this stuff without people getting so holier than thou and hung up on their method as being the supreme method and all the others are shit lol.. I detected a tone in the deleted post that suggested everything DW or I said is bad info and cloning in coco with no dome is the right way.. There is no "right way", but there are things that can lead to poor success rates. And I'm happy to debate and defend anything I've posted. Likewise I'm happy to concede when there is a better way or if something I've said is incorrect.

You said it brother! , thank you.......

Last edited:
dire wolf

dire wolf

I must have missed something? lol Last I checked someone mentioned a method of cloning in coco with no dome. That's another way of doing it... I'm not going to say it doesnt work because it will, again only if the coco is kept fully saturated daily. I just think inside a dome with reduced transportation is a safer bet. I never mist my cuttings and dont recommend it either, dome or no dome. I've taken tens of thousands of cuttings and always had close to 100% success following a few basic rules. In rapid rooters I get roots in 7 days give or take.

But we should really be open to having an adult discussion about this stuff without people getting so holier than thou and hung up on their method as being the supreme method and all the others are shit lol.. I detected a tone in the deleted post that suggested everything DW or I said is bad info and cloning in coco with no dome is the right way.. There is no "right way", but there are things that can lead to poor success rates. And I'm happy to debate and defend anything I've posted. Likewise I'm happy to concede when there is a better way or if something I've said is incorrect.
Hey dirtbag, i more or less agree with you on the misting thing, i should have been a little more clear, i live in a space that is heated with heating risers and radiators that i cant control, its beyond death valley dry most of the time, so if im not careful with the fresh clones , and i open the lid even for a half hour they will dry out like an oven on 800' so im constantly misting shit, even myself to add moisture to anything i want to keep alive !
So yes, to make it more clear to other new growers, its all enviornment dependent , and probably not necessary in most cases to mist đź‘Ť

Usually by the time i replace the lid, the gentle mist i sprayed on the clones has already evaporated......

Last edited:
Top Bottom