Skunk Circa 1974

• Thread starter Paul Simon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Paul Simon

Paul Simon

Status update has both bad and good news.

The bad: none of the first 6 have emerged from the soil at this point. I will inspect and see what the story is.

The good: I am getting my tissue culture chops up, studying embryonic rescue protocols and build a flow hood.

The remaining 6 seeds will be put into said rescue protocol. This will hopefully render MANY viable plantlets from each seed.

Thank you all again for the good vibes. I will put them to good use yet.

mancdank

mancdank

Status update has both bad and good news.

The bad: none of the first 6 have emerged from the soil at this point. I will inspect and see what the story is.

The good: I am getting my tissue culture chops up, studying embryonic rescue protocols and build a flow hood.

The remaining 6 seeds will be put into said rescue protocol. This will hopefully render MANY viable plantlets from each seed.

Thank you all again for the good vibes. I will put them to good use yet.
The beans cracked and put out a shoot but when put into a medium they haven't popped there heads up ?

Paul Simon

Paul Simon

The beans cracked and put out a shoot but when put into a medium they haven't popped there heads up ?

Only one cracked and showed a shoot. They were kept in a humidity dome with 100% RH at 72F in our seedling mix. None of the others in our crew have had any luck with their allotment either. This is where the embryonic rescue comes in.

did u keep the soil wet?

Just right even.

dreamofgreen

dreamofgreen

did anyone try using dmso to soak seeda before planting? i haven't used the stuff myself, yet. but i've been told it's a must for old or poorly stored seeds.

Paul Simon

Paul Simon

No DMSO was used as it fall well outside the scope of our organic gardening practices. Though even more costly, the embryonic rescue cn be perform with 95%+ organic materials and wont upset my already shit karma. These seeds were however tread with GREAT care and a couple proven techniques were applied, but please remember these seeds are now over 42 years old, getting them to even staart to show the tap root was a great sign.

The totipotency of plants means that if we can find ANY viable cells within the seeds we will be able to makes plantlets from them on an organic medium. Finding organic beef extract we can afford for the nutrient solution is going to be the single biggest challenge I have so fr identified, but once the lab is ready, we will be engaging in micropropogation as well.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

Only one cracked and showed a shoot. They were kept in a humidity dome with 100% RH at 72F in our seedling mix. None of the others in our crew have had any luck with their allotment either. This is where the embryonic rescue comes in.

Just right even.
ill give it a try lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom