Skunky Strains - Looking for Recommendations

• Thread starter Mune84
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mune84

Mune84

Hello friends,

First post here, been growing for a few years now and wanted to check and see what you guys would recommend for very skunky smelling strains.

I've smoked some in the past that were very skunky, made the whole room smell when a bag or jar was opened, but I've yet to find a strain to grow that gives the same results. One that I smoked in the past that had such skunkiness was referred to as AK47, though I've recently grown that (from Nirvana seeds) and it was not skunky. I've purchased and grown Super Skunk from G13, and while it was skunky, it was not profoundly so. Anyone know of any good strains (from the past or current) that might do the trick? I purchase from Seedsman.

As a bonus similar question, any particularly piney strains you can recommend? I recently grew BC Pinewarp, I liked the strain quite a bit (reminded me of Glueberry OG) but this too was not profoundly piney, just relatively so and a bit of berry/fuel thrown in.

Thank you, happy growing!

growsince79

growsince79

Last year I grew a Cali connection purple chem that fits your discripion.
This. was like a fresh skunk squished by driver's side front tire, park the car a mile away and walk home smell. I'm hoping the two I'm growing now will be a little more mellow.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Sensi Star from Paradise Seeds fits the description.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Some of the classics are fun to mess with. I have Lemon Skunk #2 going right now that just went into flower. Got a male out of this batch that just went back to veg and is prepped to bonsai. Seeds will follow in a couple of months. Love the strain.

Mune84

Mune84

Thanks for all the replies so far, much appreciated! Any suggestions for a particularly piney strain to pair it with?

growsince79: Cali Connection Purple Chem - I've just added it to my list to try in the future, thanks for the suggestion, your description sounds like just what I'm looking for. Do you know if all the phenotypes of it are skunky? Would you say there are any other particular flavors mixed in? From the Chem name I'm thinking the Diesel/Fuel smell would be one.

JWM2: Paradise Seeds Sensi Star - That's a strain I've heard from the past and considered getting, didn't realize it was skunky, good to know! I'm glad I reached out here on these forums to get ideas, seems like most of the suggestions are ones that don't even have Skunk in the name or description, so I'd just overlook it in my searching.

Vaqueros Verde: My grow room always seems to have a bakery type smell, like I've just made a batch of sugar cookies or something. Not a bad smell to be sure, but I'd welcome a bit of skunk funkiness from time to time. Seems to not matter what strain I'm growing either, always smells of sugar cookies.

MHippie: I almost got Skunk #1 instead of the Super Skunk, wondering now if I should have, or if I just got a less-skunky phenotype. When I was younger I remember a strain I could get with some regularity would be called Skunk #6, quite skunky, can't find any seeds or reference to this strain. Lemon Skunk #2 is not one I've tried (smoked or grown), is it more skunky or lemony? I quite like the lemon flavor as well, might have to give it a try, any breeder you'd recommend?

growsince79

growsince79

Thanks for all the replies so far, much appreciated! Any suggestions for a particularly piney strain to pair it with?

growsince79: Cali Connection Purple Chem - I've just added it to my list to try in the future, thanks for the suggestion, your description sounds like just what I'm looking for. Do you know if all the phenotypes of it are skunky? Would you say there are any other particular flavors mixed in? From the Chem name I'm thinking the Diesel/Fuel smell would be one.

JWM2: Paradise Seeds Sensi Star - That's a strain I've heard from the past and considered getting, didn't realize it was skunky, good to know! I'm glad I reached out here on these forums to get ideas, seems like most of the suggestions are ones that don't even have Skunk in the name or description, so I'd just overlook it in my searching.

Vaqueros Verde: My grow room always seems to have a bakery type smell, like I've just made a batch of sugar cookies or something. Not a bad smell to be sure, but I'd welcome a bit of skunk funkiness from time to time. Seems to not matter what strain I'm growing either, always smells of sugar cookies.

MHippie: I almost got Skunk #1 instead of the Super Skunk, wondering now if I should have, or if I just got a less-skunky phenotype. When I was younger I remember a strain I could get with some regularity would be called Skunk #6, quite skunky, can't find any seeds or reference to this strain. Lemon Skunk #2 is not one I've tried (smoked or grown), is it more skunky or lemony? I quite like the lemon flavor as well, might have to give it a try, any breeder you'd recommend?

I've only ever grown one purple chem. Don't know if they are all skunky. I have two going now barely starting to flower.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter

I've grown it in the past and it reeks like something died at first and then lightens up. There a subtle citrus undertone when you smoke it. If you can hang on for a few, I'll be painting the bottom branch of my LS2 fems with pollen and will just send out some souvenirs to you when they are good to go to try out the strain of you want. No charge. I don't sell anything. I'll have more than I'll plant in my remaining lifetime. More than happy to share.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Oh! Cant leave this one out. I cut a couple of small lower nodes off of a plant that I've been waiting to sample. And that preemy bud was couch glue. Cant WAIT until that plant finishes in a few weeks. Unreal quality. Checkout Humboldt Seed Company's Squirt. It's not skunky but it's an easy grower, great for inside or outside, produces a citrusy funk that is almost overwhelming inside, keeps well as a momma plant for clones, and comes in at a medium height naturally without cutting. Next one I do will be a season long outdoor tree in a 45 gal bag. Waaaaay impressed by the results of HSCs 10k plant pheno hunt for the unicorn. I love the three strains I've grown from them this year. The other two are Pineapple Muffin which tastes exactly how it's named. Purple Mountain Majesty which is Trainwreck x Blueberry Muffin. Funny thing is I told my wife the CEO said his fav strain is Blueberry muffin and I wanted to buy it. She asked me if I wanted trainwreck too and I'm like shit eating grin, duh! Yes of course. She's like oh... well then you'll be happy to know that you already have both. So I'm like oh I love you woman you got me seeds??? She's like no. They are both in that plant right there. She had just read up on the genetics lol :))))

Last edited:
Chester13

Chester13

Real UK cheese stinks nicely. For pine strains look at csi humboldt his pinetar kush, and 79 Xmas bud are piney

HeadyMcDank

HeadyMcDank

Original skunk#1 on sale now from mel frank todd mccormick the original sam seedsman i think it was? authenticgenetics.com pre order 10seeds for $50 use coupon code "overgrow" for 30% off from overgrow site if still looking...

Last edited:
Top Bottom