Slow Bud Development + Spotting on Leaves + Possible Hermie, First Grow, Day 44 of 12/12

• Thread starter tinyfingerstinyfeet
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tinyfingerstinyfeet

tinyfingerstinyfeet

Hey guys,

My buds have been under 12/12 since June 8th, so theyre in their 7th week of flowering, or 6 weeks and 2 days. I recently started dealing with what appeared to be nutrient burn on the tips of the leaves, but that ended up turning into spotting on the leaves of all 4 of my plants, mostly on the upper growth. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on this, I've attached photos below.

I was also wondering if you guys thought the buds were going to get much bigger? They're really small right now and I don't feel like they will fatten up much more but this is my first grow so I'm not sure.

Here is all the info on my setup + the pics:

4ft x 4ft tent
480w 3000K quantum board LED about 16" from top of tallest plant
100% canna coco
5gal smart pots
2 GELAT.OG's and 2 GG#4's

Emerald Harvest 3 Part Base Nutes (Grow, Micro & Bloom) fed according to their feed chart online.
Recently this has been 6ml/gal Micro and 11ml/gal of Bloom, I also have been feeding some of their supplements but I recently ran out of their bloom booster, King Kola, but that was previously being fed at 12ml/gal and then 6ml/gal once I got close to the end of the bottle, but I'm fully out now. I also have been feeding their Terpene Enhancer, Honey Chome, at 8ml/gal, but recently I've tried cutting that out to see if it helps with these issues. They also get 3ml/gal of CalMag, but I've been worried about using the CalMag because I think there is mold in the bottle, super gross... and the final supplement I add is the Emerald Harvest Plant Tonic, Emerald Goddess, this is high in Nitrogen though and one of my plants has the sugar leaves clawing quite badly. Although I'm dealing with what looks like Nitrogen toxicity, on the sample plant and the others, the lower growth is yellowing, with some being VERY pale/yellow, this is confusing me cause I don't know whether to up the nutes or lower them.

So here is their full current feed schedule and the NPK of each nutrient:
  • Micro - NPK is 5-0-1 - 6ml/gal
  • Bloom - NPK is 0-5-4 - 11ml/gal
  • Honey Chome Aroma and Resin Enricher - NPK is 0.5-0.5-1 - 8ml/gal
  • CalMag - NPK is 2-0-0 - 3ml/gal
  • King Kola Bloom Booster - NPK is 0.3-2-3 - was fed at 12/ml gal, then 6ml/gal as i got close to running out, now 0ml/gal as I'm all out.
  • Emerald Goddess Premium Plant Tonic - NPK is 2-1-4 - was fed at 10ml/gal, but I have dialed that back to 5ml/gal to try and combat this nitrogen toxicity
I always add CalMag first, followed by Micro, then Bloom, then the rest of the supplements in whatever order. I then add pH down to the solution and I always get it between 5.8 and 6.1, I also regularly calibrate my pH pen. After the full mix is made, the ppms are usually between 800 - 900, sometimes a tiny bit over or a tiny bit under, I'm not sure if my meter is reliable though, as it was just a cheap pen off eBay, my pH meter is higher quality.

I also have a dehumidifier running 24/7 and that keeps the humidity between 50-60%, without that the humidity in the tent was around 80%. The temps in the tent sometimes reach up to 28 celsius (82F) on a hot day with the lights on, but usually sit around 24 celsius (75F). Lights off temps drop lower than 20, but I'm honestly not sure how much lower, I'm in Australia so it is winter here, I know the lowest it has ever got in the tent was 15 celsius (59F) at night.

The plants are fed daily, usually within 2 hours of lights on, and they each get enough water to get a generous amount of run-off everytime, they all drink different amounts though. One plant needs about 4 litres (1 gallon), and another only needs 2 litres (1/2 gal), and the other two usually need around 3 litres (3/4 gal)

So here are my questions:
  1. What do you think is causing the spotting of the leaves and the burning of the tips?
  2. Do the buds look like they are the correct size for 44 days in 12/12 lighting, when will they get fat?
  3. What do you think of the lower leaves and buds being so yellow, is this normal in flower?
  4. Is my plant a hermie? there is a photo below of what I believe to be nanners, I've picked some off from one plant around a week or 2 ago, but now another plant and that one have similar growths. If my plant is a hermie, what would you do? Chop or finish the grow just plucking them out?
  5. How long do you think I have until harvest, and when should I start worrying about flushing?
  6. Any guess on my yield?
PHOTOS BELOW

GELAT.OG
IMG_3022 (1).jpg
IMG_3046.jpg

GG#4
IMG_3025 (1).jpg
IMG_3041.jpg

Spotting on leaves/burnt tips

IMG_3011 (1).jpg
IMG_3010 (1).jpg
IMG_3009 (1).jpg

IMG_3033.jpg
IMG_3034.jpg
IMG_4062.jpg

IMG_8281.jpg

Yellowing Lower Growth

IMG_3015 (1).jpg
IMG_3039.jpg

Possible nanners in buds

IMG_3032.jpg
IMG_3043.jpg

Nitrogen Toxicity/Clawing

IMG_3038.jpg

My whole tent

IMG_3026 (1).jpg

Anyway, sorry for the wall of text, I just want to make sure I get the best advice I can because I really want this grow to go well as I'm relying on the yield to help me and my wife save some money (we buy about an oz a week, so I'm hoping to pull a pound or more so it will last us until the next grow.) Many thanks in advance for any help you guys can give, this site has been an indispensable resource for my first grow!

Much love!!

SanticaGardens

SanticaGardens

Hey man, I'm a 1st time grower myself. You say their on their 7th week of flower...... Which breeder are those strains from? My strains are from Dutch Passion and Barney's Farm. But I would be expecting to see abit more bud growth than that to be fair. Are those Photoperiods right? I'm also running Autos and Photoperiods. Check the vid.

But yeah if you have nitrogen toxicity definitely give them a plain feeding, at least every 2 to 3 feeds with at least 20% run off.

tinyfingerstinyfeet

tinyfingerstinyfeet

Hey man, I'm a 1st time grower myself. You say their on their 7th week of flower...... Which breeder are those strains from? My strains are from Dutch Passion and Barney's Farm. But I would be expecting to see abit more bud growth than that to be fair. Are those Photoperiods right? I'm also running Autos and Photoperiods. Check the vid.

But yeah if you have nitrogen toxicity definitely give them a plain feeding, at least every 2 to 3 feeds with at least 20% run off.

Do you count flowering from the day you started 12/12 lighting or when the first pistils showed up?

growsince79

growsince79

I see what appears to be not manners but full on balls sacks.
The bottom yellow is normal at this stage.
I would back off the N, pull off the balls and check daily for more. The buds should bulk up alot in the next 3 weeks.

tinyfingerstinyfeet

tinyfingerstinyfeet

I see what appears to be not manners but full on balls sacks.
The bottom yellow is normal at this stage.
I would back off the N, pull off the balls and check daily for more. The buds should bulk up alot in the next 3 weeks.

I'll tweeze em off in the morning, hope this hasn't fucked the grow at all. Was very much looking forward to these buds! Haven't lost all hope yet though and I hope they do fatten up like you say/

growsince79

growsince79

I'll tweeze em off in the morning, hope this hasn't fucked the grow at all. Was very much looking forward to these buds! Haven't lost all hope yet though and I hope they do fatten up like you say/
You might pull them and not get anymore. Or you might get so many you have to chop. We're they grown from feminized seeds?

tinyfingerstinyfeet

tinyfingerstinyfeet

You might pull them and not get anymore. Or you might get so many you have to chop. We're they grown from feminized seeds?

They were fem seeds, I'm pretty sure the GELAT.OG is Seedsman genetics, and they have been lovely to grow, not many issues, just this deficiency now. The other strain (the one that herm'd) was Gorilla Glue #4 from Yantra Seeds here in Aus, I think these are not legit GG and are shitty genetics, caked in trichs now but have never been happy from the day they sprouted. Super stretchy too.

Looking forward to my next grow, I have Ken Este's GDP seeds and Pheno Finder Wedding Cake S1, I think those genetics should be a treat, also thinking of doing some water only organic soil rather than coco, but I love coco so I don't know yet, just sick of deficiencies...

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

How many times a day are you watering? I have a feeling your feed strength is right and your watering frequency is the issue causing nutrient buildup.

You should be giving nutrients with every feed in coco

tinyfingerstinyfeet

tinyfingerstinyfeet

How many times a day are you watering? I have a feeling your feed strength is right and your watering frequency is the issue causing nutrient buildup

Once a day around an hour after lights on, I've altered their feed a bit today,

Now they are getting:

5ml/gal CalMag
6ml/gal Micro
11ml/gal Bloom
5ml/gal Emerald Goddess Plant Tonic
4ml/gal Honey Chome Aroma/Resin Enhancer

You reckon they've been stunted or do they seem the right size? They look healthy but all the pics on the internet make it seem like they should be phat by now haha.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

They were fem seeds, I'm pretty sure the GELAT.OG is Seedsman genetics, and they have been lovely to grow, not many issues, just this deficiency now. The other strain (the one that herm'd) was Gorilla Glue #4 from Yantra Seeds here in Aus, I think these are not legit GG and are shitty genetics, caked in trichs now but have never been happy from the day they sprouted. Super stretchy too.

Looking forward to my next grow, I have Ken Este's GDP seeds and Pheno Finder Wedding Cake S1, I think those genetics should be a treat, also thinking of doing some water only organic soil rather than coco, but I love coco so I don't know yet, just sick of deficiencies...
you need to grow in coco like its coco not like its soil.

tinyfingerstinyfeet

tinyfingerstinyfeet

you need to grow in coco like its coco not like its soil.

I know, I've been reading a bunch and trying my best, all was going well till recently, I think I just don't know enough about how their requirements change throughout their life. Experience is the best teacher I suppose.

Also forgot to mention before their new feed today came to 950ppm PH 5.9, hoping the increased calmag will help out.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Once a day around an hour after lights on, I've altered their feed a bit today,

Now they are getting:

5ml/gal CalMag
6ml/gal Micro
11ml/gal Bloom
5ml/gal Emerald Goddess Plant Tonic
4ml/gal Honey Chome Aroma/Resin Enhancer

You reckon they've been stunted or do they seem the right size? They look healthy but all the pics on the internet make it seem like they should be phat by now haha.
PH and PPPM out? meaning runoff. I bet its low PH and high PPM.

should be feeding 3-4 times a day prob at this point with 20% runoff.

will likely need a good flush then light feed. But let check those numbers first.

tinyfingerstinyfeet

tinyfingerstinyfeet

PH and PPPM out? meaning runoff. I bet its low PH and high PPM.

should be feeding 3-4 times a day prob at this point with 20% runoff.

will likely need a good flush then light feed. But let check those numbers first.

I read to never flush in coco as I'll fuck up the buffer? Not sure how much truth their is to this statement, should I measure the run-off ppm/ph and get back to you? At the end of veg, run-off ppm was actually around 30-50% of the nute solution ppm and PH was pretty similar to input.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I read to never flush in coco as I'll fuck up the buffer? Not sure how much truth their is to this statement, should I measure the run-off ppm/ph and get back to you? At the end of veg, run-off ppm was actually around 30-50% of the nute solution ppm and PH was pretty similar to input.
does the top of the coco dry?
How much nutrient solution are you putting through?
If you flush with cal mag its fine

tinyfingerstinyfeet

tinyfingerstinyfeet

does the top of the coco dry?
How much nutrient solution are you putting through?
If you flush with cal mag its fine

The looser parts of the coco on top do dry but I'd say most of the top layer is still fairly moist. I'm struggling to measure PPM accurately, I have no way of collecting the water before it hits the tray underneath which has salt buildup, I just stuck the ppm meter in the runoff water in the tray and some parts of the tray were 600ppm, and others were 2000+, so i need to figure out how to do this, I'll upload a photo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom