Slow Growers

• Thread starter PlumberSoCal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ina

Ina

I gotta build raised beds for taters. My soil is clay and rock. I've been amending it with sand, dirty chicken straw, horse manure, compost and top soil for half a dozen years. Maybe in another 100 it will be decent.

Until we start getting sun the tomatoes and basil won't grow but we do get a meal of snap peas every week and lettuce. Thyme, oregano, sage and rosemary are all established. Parsley is old and flowering. Cilantro is new and onions several months, self seeding from three I planted last year and they're producing seeds again and twice as many.

Every farmer here should at least have a cherry tomato in a pot and a few herbs. They're easy if you can grow weed.

1. Tomato, Celebrity
2. Thyme
3. Oregano
4. Sage
5. Rosemary
6. Parsley
7. Onion parents
8. Lettuce
9. Snap peas
I wanted to show you granny's opium plants here(those that look like lettuce haha) if you don't mind:DAnd a little of her garden(looks dry,yes,i told her about mulching but she just dont want to listen that new sh...t hehehe) with my garden guardian dog:)

P1010217
P1010218
P1010220
P1010221
P1010223
P1010226
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I wanted to show you granny's opium plants here(those that look like lettuce haha) if you don't mind:DAnd a little of her garden(looks dry,yes,i told her about mulching but she just dont want to listen that new sh...t hehehe) with my garden guardian dog:)
me and granny have same thing in common,what has worked all are lives we stick to hahaahah,girl get out there and water her garden lol,did she just throw those onions out like that are did she have one bolt and spread all that love by itself? i love the green mulching too,and them plants will love it,i spent all day in the garden yesterday myself,pruned up the stalks of my bell peppers and fixed the manifold AGAIN crap,i had a colony of coons get in down there,they dug up 4 of my plants looking for grubs,i got 9 plants in the bed and the reeked hell on the bed,luckly me checking them daily i was on top of it and reburied them,now they can get some air under the skirt hahahah,med practice in the veggie garden hahahahh but works,planted 5 rows corn,3 rows of okra,most the day was them damn manifolds,i level the pipes and no matter what i do i dont have enough pressure to send water all the way threw the pipes,no choice but to buy a dang pump,been telling this old hen for 2 years now haahah,hit or first 100 degree day yesterday,damn to early for the shit hahaah

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Just out of high school a friend said he knew of some poppys growing in front of a 4 plex by his place. We checked it out and snagged a few pods, made some cuts and coated a few rolling papers.

I really need to grow some.

Top Bottom