Slow Growth in Coco mix

• Thread starter _B_
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
_B_

_B_

Feeding my plant in coco at 400ppm at 6.0ph and getting at least 20% runoff every water, but still having problems. Environment stays around 76deg. and 60-65% humidity. Running a 315cmh at about 30” above the plant
Slow growth in coco mix

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I see webs... check for spider mites

Ph and ppm coming out?

Pot size and media ratio if using perlite?

Loft the pots off the ground also.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Yea, would be interesting to get a full picture of the plant in it's environment, size of the pot's ect....
When you say 20% runoff, are you ensuring the root base is getting completely saturated? It's easy to water dry coco and get runoff, but it's not always saturated inside, so great care has to be taken to make sure all of the dry spots are in fact being saturated.

Also, I think pot size is a big factor in all of this. Often times, the plant is placed into a pot far bigger than what is needed for the developmental level in question.

But yea, I had to look for it, but I see the webbing now (good eye aquaman) and a little stippling also. I think I even see what looks like mites on the stems themselves.

_B_

_B_

AA04E9E8 9364 46B7 A06C A37932391BAA
ED22D4B3 1537 4B2E 9072 4A905C855416

its been moved outside into the shade but the webbing is from ACTUAL spiders not sure why they like the plants so much. I usually let the water settle into the medium before i give it another cup so im thinking its getting full saturation. First time i checked runoff it was around 850ppm and going in around 400 so i flushed down to about 500ppm and started feeding at 350ppm. Ph came out at 5.3 so pretty low.

Latest posts

Top Bottom