Slow growth? Or doing ok.

• Thread starter SteveVA74
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SteveVA74

SteveVA74

New to growing marijuana been growing other veggies for several years. These were all started from seeds on 4/25/21. One died at seedling stage so sad. I have purple kush auto.. that's the one with buds. Harlequin, and OG Kush. The Short one is one of two harlequins. Been watering regular times when soil feels dry. Fertilizer is 3 part bloom, micro, veg by General Hydroponics. Gave that twice a week as not to burn. Using molasses, bat guano, worm castings tea once a week or less. Water is rain water collected from my rain barrel. PH is right near 6. They all seem healthy but the growth rate seems slow. Any ideas? Also should I prune off the big fan leafs near the top of the Budding plant? Read where you should but was skeptical. Thanks for you help. If I missed any needed information let me know.
Slow growth or doing ok

Slow growth or doing ok 2
Slow growth or doing ok 3
Slow growth or doing ok 4
Slow growth or doing ok 5
Slow growth or doing ok 6
Habosabin

Habosabin

Growth is relative. It depends on watts per sf and temperatures and grow medium. Your plants look very healthy.

SteveVA74

SteveVA74

Growth is relative. It depends on watts per sf and temperatures and grow medium. Your plants look very healthy.
Cool, as long as I'm on the right path. Was making sure it wasn't something I need to change or add.

Habosabin

Habosabin

Cool, as long as I'm on the right path. Was making sure it wasn't something I need to change or add.
Ya. If you see your plants behind or ahead the main thing, if healthy, is probably wattage then media. The light literally is the energy being converted to growth with nutes and atmosphere.

Sacking

Sacking

New to growing marijuana been growing other veggies for several years. These were all started from seeds on 4/25/21. One died at seedling stage so sad. I have purple kush auto.. that's the one with buds. Harlequin, and OG Kush. The Short one is one of two harlequins. Been watering regular times when soil feels dry. Fertilizer is 3 part bloom, micro, veg by General Hydroponics. Gave that twice a week as not to burn. Using molasses, bat guano, worm castings tea once a week or less. Water is rain water collected from my rain barrel. PH is right near 6. They all seem healthy but the growth rate seems slow. Any ideas? Also should I prune off the big fan leafs near the top of the Budding plant? Read where you should but was skeptical. Thanks for you help. If I missed any needed information let me know.
View attachment 1141590
Hey there my friend.. temp and humidity are fine.. plants appear relatively healthy but from what I understand you're concerned about slow growth?. So, the first thing that stands out to me is the distance of your light source to your grow canopy. It is quite significant especially given the fact that you're using LED's. Light intensity abides by the 'inverse square law' where light intensity is inversely proportional to the squared distance from the light source. For example, imagine a light bulb shining on a plant at a distance (D) of 1 ft. At D1, the light intensity (I)measures 1000 lux. But as you get further away from the source, the lux decrease by a factor inversely proportional to D². So, at point D2 (now, 2 feet away), the light intensity has decreased (from A to B) to merely 250 lux. So, by having your lights so far from your plants, you are basically delivering them 'watered down' light. You'll notice the significant internodal distance on your plants and this stretching is usually caused by this weaker light that they are receiving. Weak light will also lead to decreased flower size & density and a lower overall yield. As for trimming large water leaves on your Budding lady... to start, there are thousands of opinions and techniques on how to trim your plant and honestly, most of them are correct. What I'm getting at is that there are many methods out there and there's not just "one right way" to do anything when it comes to growing herb. Sorry, back to the subject.. imo, If a leaf is damaged or yellowed I remove it. But, if it's a healthy leaf, and maybe it happens to be in the way of a flower site, I'd prefer to move it (twist tie) outta the way as opposed to removing it. Since plants use their leaves for photosynthesis, the less total area of leaf surface means a decreased ability for the plant to convert sunlight.. now, I'm not saying that removing ONE leaf is going to make much of a difference, but if your plant only had 5 leaves on it, removing just one leaf would reduce its ability to convert light to energy by 20%. So, back to the lighting... move your light source as close to your plants canopy as possible without causing light burn, bleaching, or drying out and you'll see a major difference in growth and growth rates. Hope this helps. 🙏🏻

Sacking

Sacking

@Sacking I'm going to put a bunch of extra line breaks in an envelope and mail it to you. 😆 Good feedback. 👍
Thanks my friend. 💯 Ahaha 😆 oh shoot, was that because I just wrote one looong ass paragraph without breaking it up?? 😁 Haha my bad! I was just on a typing spree that I didn't even think about it! 🤣🤣 ok yeah, here... you can send'em to my Bitcoin address.. 😉 lol I'm just playing haha

Top Bottom