Slurry test shows 197 ppm.. Too low?

• Thread starter Gasman5.0
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gasman5.0

Gasman5.0

I’m starting week 4 of flowering today and I just did a slurry test 6.28ph / 197 ppm. My last two runoff’s measured 144ppm and 124ppm. I’m growing indoors in a soil mix of (Miracle-Gro potting soil 25qt+1lb coco+8qt perlite +4qt peet) and I’m only feed with Flower Fuel 1-34-32 using at 150ppm which is the full recommended dose and nothing else. This is my first grow and I could really use some guidance with what nutrient in general like what should I be adding or not and any products you guy’s prefer in a soil medium. I don’t want starve or burn my girls so any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

Grow room setup
Soil-(Miracle-Gro potting soil 25qt+1lb coco+8qt perlite +4qt peet)

Sealed indoor Air condition controlled environment.
76 degrees / 38~47RH

250W Quantium 3500K Samsung led running at 18”

Slurry test shows 197 ppm too low
Slurry test shows 197 ppm too low 2
Gasman5.0

Gasman5.0

* I failed too include that I added Sensi Cal-Mag Extra last two watering 5ml both time with the Flower Fuel.. total feed in was 645ppm.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

That PPM sounds low for a plant that size but the plant looks good! I use Master Blend if you're looking for god nutrients for soil good luck

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I’m starting week 4 of flowering today and I just did a slurry test 6.28ph / 197 ppm. My last two runoff’s measured 144ppm and 124ppm. I’m growing indoors in a soil mix of (Miracle-Gro potting soil 25qt+1lb coco+8qt perlite +4qt peet) and I’m only feed with Flower Fuel 1-34-32 using at 150ppm which is the full recommended dose and nothing else. This is my first grow and I could really use some guidance with what nutrient in general like what should I be adding or not and any products you guy’s prefer in a soil medium. I don’t want starve or burn my girls so any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

Grow room setup
Soil-(Miracle-Gro potting soil 25qt+1lb coco+8qt perlite +4qt peet)

Sealed indoor Air condition controlled environment.
76 degrees / 38~47RH

250W Quantium 3500K Samsung led running at 18”
id be rolling 750 to 950,right in the middle with them,take away all the bells and whistle away and feed fish emulsion and 0-10-10 moorbloom,that boaster your feeding gonna give you a headache,especially in that soil ,it already loaded with slow release nutes

Gasman5.0

Gasman5.0

id be rolling 750 to 950,right in the middle with them,take away all the bells and whistle away and feed fish emulsion and 0-10-10 moorbloom,that boaster your feeding gonna give you a headache,especially in that soil ,it already loaded with slow release nutes
Are these the correct ones.
E2EB3BF1 D832 4916 A003 60EF5AA20232
99EDF4BC B346 42AC 8399 3748011BCA88

sshz

sshz

Throw both cheap meters in the trash and buy a BlueLab Combo Meter..............I doubt either of them are correct!

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

thats the stuff,they even have a veg formula,i havent found it at my home depot though,my tap water is 315 ph 7.2
with 2 gal of water,i add 2 ml of fish and then with the bloom i was adding around 9ml to get my ph down to 6 and my ppm would be right at 900.
try it that shit works as a ph down in my hard water,works as a ph down and feeds as a flower boaster at the same time,when i was about 2 weeks from harvest, i went back to ro water and calmag only,by harvest i was running 250 ppm and at 6 ph in my coco ,by the time i got the snap on my stem for curing ,i didnt even have to cure ,smooth and will send you to see major tom pretty good,i didnt cure at all and been smoking it

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Cheap TDS meters work just fine. I have both a blue labs meter and a cheapo off Amazon I paid $14 for. Both are within 5ppm of each other. In fact if I could only use one I’d use the cheapo. I won the blue labs meter here back in Jan 2019 for the photo of the month contest.

To answer the OPs question that’s a bit low at this stage of flowering. If you transplanted just before flowering then your plants probably used the nutrients from the potting soil but it’s now depleted. I like to feed light in flower and up the strength as you move through flowering until about the last two weeks or so. From there I go light or just water so the plants can use up the remaining nutrients and I’m not tossing money in the toilet.

Gasman5.0

Gasman5.0

Made a few small tweaks and the plants are responding good and showing me they like them.. I added two TBS of fine Dolomite lime powder too each plant and a reduce dose of GH Maxibloom after talking with guy’s at Element Nutrients.. they make the Flower Fuel product I’ve been using and they recommend that I use the GH Maxibloom be used with their FF said they work very god together so I bought some and started feed/watering 436ppm 6.39h Maxibloom only the first two micro waterings 1000ml. I normally let them dry out a bit till my pot feels lighter and the leaves just slightly droop then water with one full gallon and get about 250ml runoff but being my runoff has been low 124ppm last several times in row I watered earlier and lighter with these two maxibloom feeds as not too burn or shock my girls and didn’t see no sense in doing another runoff as my feed hasn’t increased.. I’m debating feeding more often and consistently at every watering with like 1/4 too 1/2+ strength on both Maxibloom and Flower Fuel instead of one full strength heavy feed followed by plain ph adjusted water between the weekly feedings. Have any of you guys growing in organic soil feed every watering and what was experience with this feed regiment and what were your ppm rates if you recall. Any negatives or positives feed like this..?

7BD7FA3E 4F93 4E1F BD3B DDD5CC118F55
E627EC55 9A73 498A 94DE A47791263F4B
Top Bottom