Small backyard greenhouse grow.. need help!

• Thread starter Bigdope916
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Sounds good I will probably cut vents here soon. What I’m going to do it’s bring the plants up off the ground and have a vent on the bottom of each side of tent. This way smart pots and plants will have a little better drainage and air flow. I’ve thought about doing light dep but decided to just try it in the open sun for the first run and see how it goes. I was trying to keep cost to a minimum, this grow already was more than I wanted to spend. You don’t realize it but all this shit adds up at the end of the week lol But oh well, I’m happy. I just need these girls to be healthy and produce some nice crop! I will do light dep in the future just need to get everything. Ideally I would just like to grow indoors though
Yes the more air you can draw I at the bottom will help did you get you pots up off the stones ?

Bigdope916

Bigdope916

Quick update.. I sprayed the fuck out of my plants with Monterey garden insect spray with spinosad and it seems to have gotten rid of all the thrips.. for now at least! However, the next day I checked them and they leafs changed to a lighter green closer to the stem and starting almost shriveling up. It seemed to have almost burned the tips of them off too. It’s mainly on the two Tropicana cookies so I’m guessing sensitivity to spinosad is strain specific. I believe I have been overwatering my plants but I was also in the middle of a strong heatwave so I wanted to keep those girls hydrated while I was at work. I was watering about every day but I waited 3 days to water this time. I just layered a nature pride top soil nutrient fertilizer and watered them right now. I attached a picture of what I used. They don’t seem to be too badly affected but I’m hoping this nutrients doesn’t overload them as they are in fox farm ocean forest soil. I started nutrients early because the thrips were pulling a lot of nutrients from my plants so I figured this would give them a boost. Any thoughts??

EFFEA376 2F16 4A8E 84B0 6DCC865B9E6A
Bigdope916

Bigdope916

Hey guys, a lizard about 10 inches long crawled into my greenhouse somehow. I don’t mind but will he mess up my plants? Any advice?

caliOF

caliOF

Hey guys, a lizard about 10 inches long crawled into my greenhouse somehow. I don’t mind but will he mess up my plants? Any advice?
I'm sure by now you know no harm. An alligator lizard! They eat bugs. We had one living in our backyard years ago. My kids would find beetles and feed him! How is your brood doing? Mine has grown, but due to the short period of direct sunlight she still hasn't bushed out. I did take four clones though. I set up a grow box for seedlings, and decided to cut 4 off momma yesterday. Experimenting is fun!

Nbsdsailor

Nbsdsailor

Any update how your plants did? I've got a small greenhouse going and liked your thread. I plan on using a huge ultrasonic mister for evaporative cooling (house of hydro)

Bigdope916

Bigdope916

Any update how your plants did? I've got a small greenhouse going and liked your thread. I plan on using a huge ultrasonic mister for evaporative cooling (house of hydro)
Hey sailor, all of my plants died actually. They were going good for a while but I had some problems with my ph reader breaking and the one I ordered After was damaged. The heat was also doing a lot of damage. Here’s a video of them before they went to shit. Depending on where you live I would definitely recommend putting in a wall fan and small ac unit. If you plan on growing in winter you should be fine though.

Nbsdsailor

Nbsdsailor

Damn. Sorry to hear. They looked good before though. Thanks for the heads up.

Top Bottom