Has anyone had small buds?!
I'm using an iws system (ebb and flow)
Under 600w sodiums
Canna A&B
Sumo Boost
Canna PK 13/14
Gorwn in Coco
And a constant pH of 5.7

Some times I get huge yields and the next time under apparently the same conditions with the same strain I get little buds all the way up the plant at each growing node. I'm honestly perplexed!
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited:
BBBEEE

BBBEEE

Sorry its not the best image - frequency of the lights is playing havic with the camera

These are 35 days into flower

IMG 20210310 135428
Dub_City405

Dub_City405

Ohhh they will beefin up week 6 7 9 of flower. With that phosphate and potash. During wee 3 or 4 of flower take off small bud site at bottom and small weak branches.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Are these plants grown from seed or clone?

If from seed, it could be there are different phenos with different structures. If this is the problem, you either need to start keeping cuts of your best plants (in your opinion) or move on to a different strain.

BBBEEE

BBBEEE

Wish you were correct but alas I don't think so - those buds will grow a little and harden off but will only achieve 1/3 of their potential.

BBBEEE

BBBEEE

Are these plants grown from seed or clone?

If from seed, it could be there are different phenos with different structures. If this is the problem, you either need to start keeping cuts of your best plants (in your opinion) or move on to a different strain.

They are cuttings. Other people I know don't have this problem with the same strain but maybe you're correct.
I'm thinking more of an environmental element - too cold combined with over watering but tbh as far as I know it's been cozy in there

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

They are cuttings. Other people I know don't have this problem with the same strain but maybe you're correct.
I'm thinking more of an environmental element - too cold combined with over watering but tbh as far as I know it's been cozy in there
OK, If they're all from the same mother plant, I'm stumped.

I doubt it's cold. My old grow room used to drop to 50F as soon as the lights went out, nothing like this ever happened. But as I said, I've never seen that kind of variety in structure from a single mother, so I can't be of any help here.

BBBEEE

BBBEEE

OK, If they're all from the same mother plant, I'm stumped.

I doubt it's cold. My old grow room used to drop to 50F as soon as the lights went out, nothing like this ever happened. But as I said, I've never seen that kind of variety in structure from a single mother, so I can't be of any help here.

Dude thanks for having a go - may you have big buds and sweets highs

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

If you look at the photos, you can see that your top leaves are starting to cup (taco), which is a good indicator for heat stress, which can be caused by a number of things, such as lights to close, lower humidity, or some change in your environment from your last grow, so you might want to look at this and see if it helps... 🧐

BBBEEE

BBBEEE

If you look at the photos, you can see that your top leaves are starting to cup (taco), which is a good indicator for heat stress, which can be caused by a number of things, such as lights to close, lower humidity, or some change in your environment from your last grow, so you might want to look at this and see if it helps... 🧐

Nice 1 it's definitely something to be aware of. Do you think that could effect the yield top to bottom?

Top Bottom