Small clear worms in bud

• Thread starter KanoZaJerk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KanoZaJerk

KanoZaJerk

Hello, I'm a new backyard grower. I just bought a cheap microscope to check on tricome development and discovered microscopic worms calling in my buds. Can anyone help me identify and possibly treat the issue. Could not see with naked eye.

Small clear worms in bud
Small clear worms in bud 2
Small clear worms in bud 3
freezeland2

freezeland2

Larva of some type insect. I’m sure you could find some predator insect species that would gorge themselves on em.

KanoZaJerk

KanoZaJerk

I don't know what they are, but they should die.

I'd first check to see if they enjoyed a citric acid shower. Safe to use on budding plants.
I actually have some citric acid I used for making the gummed, I'll try this today and see if it helps thanks

KanoZaJerk

KanoZaJerk

Larva of some type insect. I’m sure you could find some predator insect species that would gorge themselves on em.
Thanks I'll look into that as well indidnt want to buy the predator mites since I don't know much about them and I had ladybugs but the chose to leave me 😭

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I actually have some citric acid I used for making the gummed, I'll try this today and see if it helps thanks
You're going to need to dilute it a bit. Nuke 'Em is about 0.05% citric acid UNDILUTED. Then it is diluted to between 1 fl. oz. in a quart to 2 fl. oz. in a quart. (A fluid ounce is 2 tablespoons.)

Ponky

Ponky

Well when the only solution is machine gun you don't really need to identify the enemy. Kill kill kill!! Nuke Em. Make their little soft bodies pay!

KanoZaJerk

KanoZaJerk

Well when the only solution is machine gun you don't really need to identify the enemy. Kill kill kill!! Nuke Em. Make their little soft bodies pay!
Got on em definitely seeing less movement and fewer of the bastards lol. Plants doing well just a few more weeks so I'm gonna keep gunning.

KanoZaJerk

KanoZaJerk

So here's an update most of my buds are almost invader free I do still have some stubborn pockets of resistance but they will be dealt with. I ended up doing a few different things that seem to work and my buds are thanking me. First I used a citric acid solution of 3 tsp citric acid powder per liter, misted early morning, then alternated with a solution made up of crushed garlic with skin, red onion skins, and an aloe vera leaf cut into straps. Soaked everything in water for 6 hrs strained and sprayed in am.

2021 08 26 08 26 19 600
2021 08 26 08 25 03 547
2021 08 26 08 24 36 488
2021 08 26 08 22 39 483
KanoZaJerk

KanoZaJerk

I'd rather smoke bugs than any of the shit you contaminated your bud with.
Then by all means smoke bugs, this thread was for advice and my buds are looking great and smelling dank so your opinion is quite useless and irrelevant to what the thread was about. Also before consulting threads and just using said advice I also did my own research to safe organic methods of treating and repeling insects all while my plants seem to be thriving since , so if you took the time to read all this I'd like to wish you well putting worms in your mouth. Lmao not your bud not your problem move the fuck on

Top Bottom