Small indoor grow

• Thread starter Swegrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Swegrow

Swegrow

Got this rig as an experiment and mainly to bring up plants before planting in my greenhouse and in the garden. Might switch to a closed space with fans and better lighting etc after this years outdoor season.

I got the idea to plant some autos now during the cold season and see how they turn out. Planted 3 Glueberry OG autos on xmas eve.

Small indoor grow
Small indoor grow 2
Swegrow

Swegrow

The little ladies are growing good and looking healthy so far. Adding extra nutrition once a week NPK 4-1-3. Will order bloom nutrients tomorrow. Thought about LST to keep them low but since I use a very limited space for the roots, I think they will stay pretty small. Thinking about building a hydrophonic system for the consveratory this summer. I got all those Ideas and looking forward to spring! =)

20200123 165850

Swegrow

Swegrow

5-6 Nodes now and starting to take off really fast. Tied 2 of them down to almost 90 degree during the weekend. Will start to give Terra flores from CANNA in 1-2 weeks to get flowering going. I got a weather station I use to measure temprature and humidity, about 25 (C) om top of soil and humidity ad 55%.

Since there is a bit chilly in that room I got a small grow heat mat from the hardware store. Its placed under the pots and gets the temp up to 25-30 degrees C. Seeds did not germinate until I used it and I left it on after, seems to be working.

20200127 164447

20200127 164453

Swegrow

Swegrow

Flowering and growing fast. The tie downs together with the small square pots make them look like bonsai trees. Very nice =)

Swegrow

Swegrow

Small but very good plants. Reminds me of bonsai trees. Love the beauty of growth.

2 seeds in germination right now aswell. Auto AK from bulk seed bank and Auto colorado cookies from DP. Started yesterday.

I put up 2 small led light horizontally aswell as you might spot in the picture. Seems to give the flowering a boost. Together with a small usb powered fan to keep humitity a bit lower during flowering. Its at about 40-45 now instead of 50-60 without the fan.

20200205 201854

20200205 201856
20200205 201902

Last edited:
SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

Just an opinion but could also be fact....the training you are doing on the auto "may" hurt your final yield. I do not know how it is for them though. I do know any kind of stalling though does hurt the final yield some. So not even sure this applies. Photoperiod is where you really want to be when it comes with different training methods. Only because you can do all the modifications while they veg. Then you can flip the lights back whenever you are ready to flower.

Other then that, nice looking, healthy plants. I like that little setup you got going there. I'd love to have something like that for seedlings and clones.

Swegrow

Swegrow

Just an opinion but could also be fact....the training you are doing on the auto "may" hurt your final yield. I do not know how it is for them though. I do know any kind of stalling though does hurt the final yield some. So not even sure this applies. Photoperiod is where you really want to be when it comes with different training methods. Only because you can do all the modifications while they veg. Then you can flip the lights back whenever you are ready to flower.

Other then that, nice looking, healthy plants. I like that little setup you got going there. I'd love to have something like that for seedlings and clones.

Thanks for you input! This was just an experiment really, but from the looks of it, the trained plants actually got a few more/bigger flowers than the one I left alone but time will tell. The yield is not of any concern right now actually, only learning by doing and having a good time =) I will invest in a 90x90x180cm tent together with ventilation and a proper led light soon and then use the rig for seedling just as you would!

Pictures from today
20200207 165143
20200207 165150
20200207 165158
20200207 165207

Swegrow

Swegrow

Ladies are healthy and doing fine. Had some nute burn but got rid of it by flushing a couple of times.

Flowering is slow, but I did not expect much with this poor lights that I use.

I talked to the mrs and she dont mind me rebuilding our small walk in closet to a grow room (shes a keeper btw :) ) and I will get started on that mission at the end of the months.

Started a new thread where I will post up the closet grow and build.

20200213 173542
20200213 173548

Swegrow

Swegrow

Almost 10 weeks from germination and flowering is still pretty slow. I will give them their time or let them finish in the newly prepped grow room next week.

Planted 12 autos to put in there aswell.

20200220 142223
20200220 142228

Top Bottom