Small leaf growth

• Thread starter Big Buddy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Big Buddy

Big Buddy

Hey guys, I'm not one to normally come on and ask questions, lol, more used to offering them(probably wrong more often than not, lol). But this time I think I'm pretty stumped, i already lost my ssh to this, and my sr71 purple kush, Chemdog #4, Chemdog D, and Chemdog 91 cuts are doing the same thing. I'd put up a shot, but everything looks perfectly fine, just mini. The 4 is looking like it needs a good feed to be honest, but other than that. So ya, if anyones had this happen to them before and has any tips, I'd love to hear them, starting to piss me off, bunch of huge leaf plants in a room, and the odd little miniture thing next to them.

Big Buddy

Big Buddy

Just a bump a couple hours before i go drop 100 on some voodoo juice to try that with the piranha/taratula, normally dont like AN that much, but those 3 are stellar products. Anyway, hope someones got an idea by then, but the thread is but a fetus, so.

P

Pistil Pete

sulphur def. maybe?
I have a Laughing Buddha x SS that puts out lots of small dime to nickel sized leaves when she needs a shot of Epsom Salts

B

Budhog

I had the same problem with a bunch of Trainwreck cuts. In my case, it was because the cuttings came from a re-vegged mom. When that happens, in my experience, it takes a couple of weeks to get good growth started with the clones

Big Buddy

Big Buddy

Alas these are from mothers not revegged, and my ssh cut that i lost(can get back, but with unwanted hassles) was like this for a year before I gave up on it.
By the way guys, thanks for helping here, the sulphur i never even considered to be honest, so that might be something to look at. But now the Pura Vida that i now use actually contains epsom, so i would think that would cover that issue.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
Whats the ppm of the feed you are giving them and the ph? How old are they, how are you cloneing them? I have seen soemthing similar cause by to much N. The plant throws regular leaves but alot of them. Its like its telling its self it needs more leaves to store then N. So it grows like a regular plant but a mini. A foot tall plant with like 10+ nodes

Big Buddy

Big Buddy

PPm on most is around 1000, on a feed water feed water schedual for the most part. Ph is a constant 6.4, which had always worked well on some of these mothers, ssh in particular.
I had a visitor yesterday, the guy who owns the local nursery dropped by and we took a look at a few things(legal so i dont mind people seeing it per say)and it looks as if there is a root disease issue, he believes pythium. So I grabbed the voodoo, and figure I'll hit everything with it anyway to build up a little colony in there, and to act as protection against future, but fuck, 100 a bottle for voodoo, how do people use AN and not have to live on the street, wow.
Theres another mix that i got from the nursery guy, its chemical based, which i dont really like, but this is an experiment, and its being done on the sr71 pk, since its the worst of all. So I'll get the name of that one and let you guys know what it does for me. According to my buddy, this is a 1 time application direct to the root zone, and should be immediate fix, well you know, immediate in plant terms.
So that seems to be the deal, swerve Ill pop up the shot of the plant i mentioned to you in just a couple mins, lol, fell aslep last night and thats very rare for me, so I went with it, lol.
Again guys, thanks for helping me mull this one over a bit, been killing me for ages now, but i think we're e route.

Big Buddy

Big Buddy

Ok, senior swerve asked me to put up a couple shots, so you know, the dude abides right, so heres some shots of my Chemdog D mother, as you can see she looks quite green and vibrant(yes, fighting thrips too, live in a 120 year old house, good luck with that one)butthe shot of the largest leaf on the plant next to the lighter shows what i mean. Root structure on this one is pretty feeble needless to say. So there it is, anything other than what I'm trying you guys might think of shoot away. I figure the voodoo mix wont hurt regardless of whats wrong, just might be a waste of money if I didnt need to do it. And yes, she was pruned and tidied a little after the shots, was in need of a little clean up there as well.

Big Buddy

Big Buddy

Ok, something on the go here and I can't upload pics, get them up as soon as I can.

nuttso

nuttso

Hey Buddy,

what if u grow out one clone of these small leaf mothers. Will they turn out the same? Maybe they will grow out normal.

Big Buddy

Big Buddy

Yup, it will be consistent, and it seems as though this was a root issue for sure. Things are already cominga round and I'm getting size back already, did another equipment check, and seems my digi thermometer was off by like 10 degrees or more, so I was watering at over 80 degrees for the past while, can we say breeding ground! So I'll let you know how it goes, but at the moment things seem to be looking up.

nuttso

nuttso

Very good, hope u manage them girls fine. I'm still trying to build my own carbon scrubber. Damn, build a very nice lil setup, will show it when it's done. Good karma to u, bro.

Top Bottom